Question about good medical uses for weed

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by ClayStreet, Jun 5, 2003.

1. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

We've all heard that weed is good for upset stomach, good at creating munchies, stress relief, pain relief, but what are some other types?

I can add two instances: Depression and Asthma. For depression, when I'm smokin several times a week I don't need antidepressents. I have bipolar tendencies borderline suicidal when really "low", and I don't have them anymore when smokin.

For asthma, it helps to open my lungs up greatly and I don't weez for hours after just one hit. If I use it in conjunction with an asthma inhaler, not only does it cause a rollercoaster effect with the high, but it also strengthens the openening of the lungs to last even longer.

2. imported_Webmaster

imported_Webmaster Super Administrators

dont forget glaucoma. i attend the annual stevie wonder, ray charles anti-glaucoma dope-a-thon in san diego.

oh and according to some doctors in CA it can help with everything from back pain, to sleeplessness. basically for a couple hundred bucks you can be a card carrying MJ user.

3. hellostupid

hellostupid Stupid Iz. Stupid Duz.

:alien:Cannabis...the perfect "drug" for Alcoholics.

Alcholics drink alone to:

1)forget bad memories-and you know what...alchohal workz...but at what cost? Alcohal is a poison.

2)cope with depression

3)numb the "pain"

Cannabis can do all these things and more...without the ill side effects of alcohol!!!

Cannabis has been scientifically proven to:

1)Erase Bad Memory-yes. specifically bad memory or trauma. So alcholics have a better choice...yes?

2)Pain Relief-THC mimics natural ocurring cannabinoidz in your brain(anandamine and endocannabinoids)...that numbs your

brain from the sensationz of pain. Jus like a fingerprint...no 2 Cannabis Strainz are alike. THC affects your brain dynamically...meaning...the other 450 types of cannabinoids in your bud will affect each individual dynamically!!!

3)Not deplete your "pleasure receptors"(such as dopamine brain receptorz). Alcohal depletes your dopamine receptor levels...jus like heroin,cocaine,nicotine,caffeint;etc. Can u guess a "drug" that doesn't deplete your Brains Dopamine Receptorz? Cannabis of course! Unlike dopamine dependant drugs like alchohal...u can never tapp out your "THC" receptors!! Why? Becuz no 2 bud sacks are the same...so you can NEVER exhaust all of your brains "THC" receptorz!!!!

(Edited by hellostupid at 5:52 pm on June 5, 2003)

4. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Clay, the greenery is a great treatment for bipolar. I am hypo-manic bipolar. I go from completely agro wanting to beat the shoit out of anybody who comes near me, to reclusive depressive. No motivation, no drive or desire to do anything or be around anybody. Been that way as long as I can remember, I was institutionalized when I was 12 for it. I also suffer from chronic migraines. The green helps both out tremendously. The migraines decreased in frequency and the intensity levels off when I smoke. If I don't smoke they can and have made me black out. Once while I was driving.

The same for the bipolar swings. They have decreased in frequency and intensity. Without the greens, I am just another lunatic instead of a healthy productive member of society.

5. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

Damn guys, with so many good qualities, Why the hell can't they get this stuff legalized???

[​IMG]

6. elcajon555

elcajon555 A Fat Sticky Bud

It also helps with headaches a lot. My friend and I have both used it for migranes and it helps increditably.

7. Mrs B

Mrs B Guest

Cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis.

8. will

will Veggy Stage

definitly helps the lungs in oxygen deprived times as said (asthma). i have found when when bronchitis strikes, chunky phlem in wheezy wind pipes stand no chance against the power of green. a couple of tokes and your breathing right again. i guarantee

9. overthemountain

overthemountain Full Flowering

Hey Clay, first off I can say that weed IS the cure for depression/anxiety/biopolar disorders. I suffered (and still suffer, though not nearly as much as I used to) from all of the above for a few years before I started smoking. Smoking helped me a lot.

Sleep aid, if that wasn't mentioned. When I'm sober and my life isn't perfect (which of course is 99% of the time) I usually can't relax enough to sleep. My mind is always racing thinking about and worrying about ****, even subconsciously so I'm not aware of it. A bowl or two before bed and I'm in happy land and I can fall asleep whenever I want to.

Though this isn't necessarly "medical" as much as it is "psychological", weed makes you enjoy life so much more, especially the simple pleasures in it. I think weed would be great for people who are bored with life and get bored easily...like those people who can't chill out for 15 min. without DOING something amazing. I fuckin hate that! [​IMG]

10. ShezaWeedWench

ShezaWeedWench Germinated

Osteoarthritis. Or just your regular ol' Arthritis. Eases the worst arthritic pain without the side effects of the mainstream drugs. A doctor once prescribed me Vicodan for my arthritis pain... WTF was that??? I got sick off of them and fired that doctor.

Weed is definitely good for arthritis.

11. dunglovingshroom

dunglovingshroom New Sprout

some times when i can't sleep i lay back in the oregon moon light an think about chronic. i hear the blower hummin' and the water trickeling and i fall righ to sleep :sleep:

12. hellostupid

hellostupid Stupid Iz. Stupid Duz.

:alien: I never thought of Cannabis as Psychological Medicine before...but it makes Perfect sense!!

Psychological Trauma is jus as Real as any Physical Pain...and all of you are Testimonialz to that medical marijuana fer tha mind concept!!!

I'm sure most medical mary j users are warranted to smokin herbs without being targeted as some "stupid pothead" like alot of people label me(Every Non-toker i'd ever met would probably mislabel me as some "stupid lozer pothead")...

That'z probably why 90% of my friendz are fellow tokers as well.  Becuz they know better than to label me that. Cannabis does not make you Stupid!!!

MJ merely slows down the pace of life so that u can look back and reflect upon it...that'z all...)... :)

"Sober" people to me alwayz seem to be caught up in the "rat race". Not to say that i condemn "sober minds"...they jus aren't able to "understand" where i'm comin' from!  Only if they were to trust me and jus' take one single toke! Once they put on the "Green Goggles"...i'm sure they would be kickin themselves in the ass...wonderin "why didn't i try this Stuff a few years earlier?"...:biggrin:

Unfortunately, i have never "smoked out" a newbie before...the govt has brainwashed some of my family and friendz too deeply..:angry:

I have never heard of a man-made pill that had NO Side-effects...have you?

What are the Side-effects of smoking cannabis?

The Govt. would have you believe that it'z a preliminary drug leading us to harder drugs...but we all know that is bullshit, am i right?

Personally, i have dabbled in jus 'bout every other drug except fer heroin(thank god)...and i ALWAYZ come back to MJ!!  Meaning, i dont smoke cigz/drink alcohal alone/don't use Meth neither! I am livin' proof that MJ is not a precursor to a life of hard drugs...DO U HEAR ME CONGRESS?

The Stigma of using Medical MJ without a Physical Ailment really disgusts me!!! Pain exists in many forms...and MJ is the perfect plant to address it!!!:smokin:

Anyone else would like to comment on "ill side-effects" of Marijuana?:shocked:

13. RacerX

RacerX A Fat Sticky Bud

Occasionally I Lose my keys, misplace the cell phone/remote controls...... Occasionally turn into a couch potato (only after working my 60 hr.work wk). At night, there's insane hunger attacks, followed by outrageous sex, ending with a deadening sleep....... What some may see as "ill side-effects" I see as a "wonderful life"...

14. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Me too Racer :biggrin:

15. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

Sounds like a great anti-anti-pot commerical Racer! [​IMG]

16. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

weed.......it does a body good and yer mind as well, dont know what i'd have done with out it when my mom died:sad:......weed is my savior and allways will be......great now i'm depressed "again"......****'...time fer a :animbong:....life suck's..Bud3

17. RacerX

RacerX A Fat Sticky Bud

:rofl: good one clay! I'll need a t-shirt to wear for the closeup! :LOL: