question about my plants

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by that gringo, Nov 11, 2011.

1. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

so heres the deal. I live in the city and i have plants outside.I am wanting to move 1 or maybe more inside to my room because they are stinking,i have 3 large windows in my room that let in alot of sunlight, would having a little light from my 20watt cfl bulb in my room affect the plant in a bad way or a good way? would it be able to flower properly if i moved it now?

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

When you say a lot, that really doesn't help as that may be a lot to you, but not others. I can say a cfl isn't going to do anything for 3 plants, not even worth trying. You could make a quick trip to the Deopt or Lowes and get some more or some floros, but 1 would be enough to veg a small plant for a few weeks...imho

Pix would help

3. that gringo

well its enough sunlight to grow plants because ive grown plants in my windowsil before...then mice got them, but im wanting the plant to use light from the sun to flower, im just worried my light in my room will affect it. im only thinking 1 plant in my room

4. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

If you're talking about that CFL bulb being on during the plant's dark cycle, then I'd say yes, it may be a problem. During flowering, the plant needs uninterrupted dark for at least 10-11 hours every night. And dark means dark. Even a small amount of light can cause the plant to not flower properly or hermie.

If that's what you're talking about, what about putting the plant in a closet or some other dark area at night?

Just curious, how do you think moving the plant into your room will stop it from stinking? If it's smelling too strong outside, it's going to be way worse in a closed space without any kind of odor control. A strong smelling plant in an apartment with no odor control is NOT a good idea.

5. that gringo

nonononono look i have plants that are using sunlight outdoors right now...and the odor, im just moving one potted plant from my garden into my room because my other 2 plants are in ground and i figure 1 less plant means less smell?:anibong:..so about the light problem...if i take my plant thats flowering on sunlight and put it in my room that gets sunlight from 3 windows around the plant,would that work? would putting a 20watt cfl over it during light cycles help or shock the plant?and is this even a good idea in the first place?

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I doubt moving 1 plant out of three is going to get rid of your odor problem. Only thing that might work is moving all three and with indoor light from windows they are not going to do great. mj needs light intensity to grow bud.

t6

7. that gringo

aight cool....i think ill just leave em outside till they finish, my next plants are gonna be under cfl's :flyy:

8. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Bringing outdoor plants inside is never a good idea. Any pests that may be on them could put future indoor grows at a disadvantage.

Also, the light leak thing during flower, doesn't seem to be that big of a deal, in my experience, on outdoor plants. Passive lighting from my patio, for instance, has NEVER caused a herm or a bean.

So, yeah leave them out. Bringing 1 inside ain't going to do shit for the smell.