rasganjah's 420 Reggae Lounge

Discussion in 'What song is GK listening to?' started by rasganjah, Jun 30, 2013.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

All of you that know me know that I&I LOVE mi REGGAE MUSIC! Almost every ganja smoker I have ever met can at least get down and smoke a spliff to some Bob Marley. I felt that we needed a Reggae thread, even if I'm the only real reggae lover around here. Please share your favorites here, including ska and basically anything that has any kind of a resemblance to reggae. :passsit:

I'll start out with a few of my favorites that I am listening to this sabbath.

[YOUTUBE]zvF0QxA09c4[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]7JUm_Y0R6Og[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XJTTJNMn67s[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]Fs_Xt2EY940[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DR7_AVAOSFQ[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]7EUlAbY6pqA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WLmbDNeJShc[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]aha7uB-okZc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]r-aaXUVA4TI[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]u0101BCxYBw[/YOUTUBE]

There... That's a start. :passsit:

2. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

May I chime in?

[YOUTUBE]8vCumnMX1HU[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe some Pacific island...

[YOUTUBE]Aac1uIdmcw8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_3s4ULJtRlw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]y5JicO2bKec[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]e90Y3aY71DU[/YOUTUBE]

:passsit:

I might be a crusty dirty old punker, but island jams are relaxing. Soothes the soul.

Cheers

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Nah cant let you take that title man,i like some reggae too Ras:rastaman2: You picked Kaya thats maybe my all time favorite song,i actually had a pet bird i called Kaya after that song. Im actually really into some Ska like The Specials:notworthy: but love me some reggae.Iv rolled 2 fat spliffs and im of to sleep listening to some of this shit:cool:

Heres a few choice cuts of mine:smokin: This be the good shit:pimp:

:passit:

[YOUTUBE]Cnw1nAVTmKY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nhekzcPgoyk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]fDy8kzq54lM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TGDQ85Dg-ss[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sjtXfkHCEkY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MGBJz09-Pho[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hRJW05wVOLc[/YOUTUBE]

Some Bob and Pete Tosh:passit:

[YOUTUBE]sDr5wa0_RLM[/YOUTUBE]

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

my one buddy used to have a silly loud bumpin system in his monte carlo back in the day, he rolled up to a basketball court one day back in like 1988 or so, bangin 4-12's on 2,000 watts....it was Cuddy Ranks, never forget that.....been a Reggae fan ever since, theres nothing like that smooth carefree sound of the bass, mixed in with various horns, steel drums...let alone the typical messages from real Rastafari, not the corporate shit either....I was just knockin some Shaka Demus n Pliers, murder she wrote on my way home today....Ive always had semi big stereos in my vehicles and it all came from loving Reggae beats...then I got wise one day and got into Bob...then Jimmy Cliff, then Peter Tosh....

Seriously, put on some Bob and get in a pool on a raft with a joint or whatever in your hand......FUCKING HEAVEN to me, feel like a kid all in a moment of time

Good thread Ras..:good job:

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Right on man, thanks. I'm glad there are a few Reggae lovers here at GK. It's funny cuz I have met a lot of people that say they can't stand Reggae music.

My friends and I had bumpin' stereos in our cars too. We used to BUMP this jam in my buddies Hyndai Excell on his Cassette Deck! LOL It was a single and we wore that mutha out! :thumbs-up::passsit:

[YOUTUBE]w0N4twV28Mw[/YOUTUBE]

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

You guys like the rocksteady Ska side of Reggae?

Yeah great thread Ras. A reggae thread was well needed:thumbsup: Ras do you like the whole rocksteady/Ska movement:ponder: I love some Two Tone Ska. It was a big deal here in the UK during the 70's & 80's. Big cultural deal. Best band of their era were The Specials and they were so on the pulse. They were quite political in their own way. Bunch of white lads with some jamacians. I dont know if they ever made headlines in the USA but over here them guys are legendary,still are. They had the attitude of a punk band but set to ska. Heres them signing a cover of my all time favourite Maytals song 'Monkey Man' I fucking love Toots Hibbert and the Maytals. The music they did stands the test of time. Anyne into the Maytals or The Specials:ponder: (I posted a few Maytals tracks in my previous post. Amazing so they are)

[YOUTUBE]ewmeIabKcgg[/YOUTUBE]

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I like it all my Brethren. I saw Toots perform live a few years back. Awesome show and he can still move pretty well for a guy his age.

[YOUTUBE]0zmIR1aAGYE[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]BVc3JdCh7x8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]f5kGUqEBva4[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]_SEBrcU4z2A[/YOUTUBE]

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

[YOUTUBE]1PMP50b8Ouw[/YOUTUBE]

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

[YOUTUBE]EqUseOGwpKg[/YOUTUBE] :passsit:

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

[YOUTUBE]JskCgXnKSmU[/YOUTUBE]:passsit:

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

[YOUTUBE]DsMqOZqs9SA[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]_aC8R8YOpMc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tx4EzLZAuRA[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]D_OkOw5wipQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]U4e7kUgSQ00[/YOUTUBE] :passsit:

12. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

NIce..h.ow bout he old school anthem...."pass the dutchie"???

I wonder if these kids had a clue what they were singing bout? lol....some say food, some say its weed

13. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

One of the few tunes i can play on the guitar:cool:

[YOUTUBE]OFGgbT_VasI[/YOUTUBE]

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

[YOUTUBE]ilHadRpytVE[/YOUTUBE] :passsit:

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

[YOUTUBE]50aXt1ctmUU[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]RYj6wmLjY-0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FdM2i2ooF-w[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]KGs4Jc4EXpg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TTKMC9J2pC0[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]75PnDLzqvYI[/YOUTUBE]

:passsit:

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

[YOUTUBE]r7Kt47dYybQ[/YOUTUBE]

17. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

I fuckin love the Maytals man:cool: Seriously good:rocker:

[YOUTUBE]NeVRaxHtwuk[/YOUTUBE]

18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Any of you guys dig Soca? If you go to a junkanoo in the islands this what's usually blasting at 2am.

[YOUTUBE]egatEw5TsmI[/YOUTUBE]

19. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

[YOUTUBE]v47K7O3IkuU[/YOUTUBE]