rasganjah's Grow Log

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by rasganjah, Apr 13, 2013.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I wanted to start a new Grow Log where I can start posting all my updates to all the different strains I have going. I just got the hook up from a friend on a bunch of clones since I need more time before my Tahoe, Bubba X Bubba/Afghan, and Purple Diesel are ready to be cloned.

So my friend gave me several cuts from his moms of Vortex, King Tut, and some seedlings of Mendo Purps, plus I'll be getting some Girl Scout Cookies clones from him soon. Now that I have something to work with there should be something in the flowering room within 2-3 weeks. I'll put up a few pics of the cuttings and seedlings soon.

In the mean time I am germinating more seeds. This time it's Cali Connection's Sour OG. They went into the "Germination Station" today. A wet paper towel on a plate in a ziploc bag on a seed heating mat. Should be a fun grow. My Tahoe came out really good so I'm looking forward to this. If I like it as much as the Tahoe, I may order a couple more packs of seeds from Cali Connection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:passsit:

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

So far 7 of the 10 Sour OG seeds have cracked and have a tail so they went into Rock Wool starter plugs soaked in Hygrozyme and a very tiny amount of GH Veg nutes, and I mean very tiny like 2 ml/gal. Hopefully the last 3 are just taking a little longer to crack and will still be viable.

3. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Good luck, bro! :coolbounce:

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Ok so my Sour OG seeds have gotten off to a slow start. OUt of 10 seeds 8 actually germinated, not too bad. However, so far out of those 8 only 3 have been vigorous enough to make it above soil. The other 5 had just a small tail showing and have yet to push through to the surface. I made sure to plant them very shallow and not to compact my seed starter mix on top of them so hopefully they're just a little slow out of the gate and will pop up in a few days. They're regular seeds so if I only get 3 to grow hopefully I get 2 females and 1 male so I can make some seeds for the future. I may not have a lot of phenos to choose from but hopefully as Cali Connection states, every seed grown shows great promise. If not at least I'll have my Tahoe to work with soon.

Onto other things. I started some more seeds. I'm gonna go ahead and give my last pack of Mr. Nice Seeds a try. The strain is Master Kaze (Master Kush Skunk X Afghan Haze) I HOPE these don't prove to be riddled with hermie genetics like the last 2 packs of Mr. Nice I grew out. Both my Med Man and Shark Shock showed varying degrees of herms. I was disappointed to say the least. I still have several seeds of both strains left. This time I'm growing them all out. Mr. Nice gives 18 seeds per pack so we'll see what kind of phenos come out of them. I've had them for a while now so we'll see how germination rates are. My previous grows of Mr Nice I had 100% germination rates both times, just riddled with hermies! :BangHead:

So here they are. I know not too exciting, but every grow has to start somewhere! :thumbs-up::passsit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come..... :passsit:

5. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Here's hoping you don't get plagued with hermies. I was severely disappointed with all the hype over Mr. Nice strains. Good luck bro:jj:

6. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Sounds like your fixin to have some dank, :popcorn-2: speaking of hermies, I'm almost positive I have one. Female preflowers on one side, balls on the other. Have any of y'all grown one to finish? If so, do they just pollinate themselves and get seedy, or is the bud just worthless and I should pull it?

p.s. sorry for invading your thread, just curious if I am wasting my time.

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Yeah that's been my general feeling about them, disappointed. Although the Med Man and Shark Shock I flowered out was decent smoke it wasn't crazy awesome or anything plus the herm issues. Maybe this will be different, but I'll never know unless I go for it. I payed for the seeds so I might as well see if this strain can recoup my expenses for the seeds where the other 2 failed. :passsit:

Bje- If it's early into flower and it's a herm I would pull it. You'll end up with a bunch of seeds.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

So, I'm sittin here takin dabs and lookin at this whole pack of bad ass Fusion Seeds I have and I can't see any reason that they should sit in storage for even one more day! So I'm germinating them too! So upcoming will be Both Fusion crosses and Sour OG and Master Kaze plus all the freebie seeds and the genetics my buddy gave me, the Girl Scout Cookies, Vortex, King Tut, and the Mendo Purps.

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Alright, I know my grow is boring at this point. No flowering plants or pics yet, but it won't be long now. I'm itching to flower a few plants out. I'll be firing up a light soon to flower out a few plants, and then before long all my lights will be running and I'll have a bunch of stuff to look at.

So I snapped a few pics from the Veg Room to share where I'm at. Don't laugh at me, I know I used to have pics of full tables and bushy healthy moms and lots and lots of clones all the time but this is just startup again. At least I didn't lose all my strains. I've managed to nurse The Tahoe OG and The Fusion Crosses back to health and will be taking cuts soon. They just need a little bit longer to grow out a bit more. So here is the state of affairs in my veg Room at the moment. Any spotting or bleaching on the older leaves is from a Hydrogen Peroxide treatment a while back that was a little bit strong.

Left-Purple Diesel Mom. Middle-My Favorite Selected Pheno of Tahoe OG. Right-2'nd place Tahoe OG

[​IMG]

Front-Special Fruity Pheno of Tahoe OG. Back Left-Sweet Pine Redneck Rasta Kush Pheno. Back Right-Kushy, Earthy, Fuel Redneck Rasta Kush Pheno.

[​IMG]

Here are the Freebie Seedlings

[​IMG]

Mendo Purps from seed gifted by a friend.

[​IMG]

3 Rooted King Tut Clones gifted by a friend.

[​IMG]

A tray of King Tut and Vortex Clones Rooting still. Vortex's are looking a little rough but should bounce back as soon as they have roots and I can feed them. Momma looked healthy but must have been a bit hungry.

[​IMG]

ANd finally here we have 3 Girl Scout Cookies cuts still rooting. Also 1 Tut still rooting, 3 Sour Og seedlings and 5 pots with Sour OG seeds in them that have yet to do anything. I'm still hoping at least a couple of them will pop up.

[​IMG]

This is my DIY Sulphur Burner that has rid me of Powdery Mildew. I love this thing!

[​IMG]

And for fun this is a houseplant that my Mom got the day I was born as a gift from the Hospital Gift Shop. My Grandma Took a cutting home that day and this is that cutting. My Mom still has the original plant with her too. My Grandma recently gave me this but it was in decline. It was only a couple stems and a couple leaves but I nursed it back to health and it's doing fantastic. This plant is older than I am.

[​IMG]

:passsit:

10. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

You got a lot going on there, Ras. Good luck !

BBT:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

11. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Man! Those are some trippy looking girls. I can't say as I've ever seen some mj grow looking like a ficus tree. You got a lot going to, damn, I think I can smell it all the way in tx. Hahahah, I've smoked entirely to much reefer tonight. Looks good though, I'm out

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Thanks for checking in guys. I DO have a lot going on. That makes it fun though. Not all of these strains will stick around permanently.

Bje- Probably looking at those Redneck Rasta Kush plants huh? They were allowed to grow out of control and were almost twice as tall as they are now. They were trimmed down. They also were starting to flower and are just now reverting back to vegetative growth so the new growth looks funny.

The Master Kaze seeds germinated well. All but one has cracked and showing a nice tail. 15 were ready to go into soil today. 3 more still germinating. 2 of them are cracked but I am giving another day to get a bit more of a tail on them and the last one may not germinate.

All of the Fusion Tahoe x Bubba/Afghan have germinated and should be ready to go into soil tomorrow as well. So things are cruising right along.

13. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

:qpepsi: Got the munchies already. I always have the munchies. Peanut Butter!:popcorn-2:

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

:roffl: :jj:

15. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I know how ya feel..........

[​IMG]the cigs a 100, just sayin.....

16. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I have to try some Kush.

17. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

What do you mean? Try smoking some or growing some? I love a good kush, problem is too many people running around calling things kushs that aren't kushy tasting. To me a good kush has to taste like a kush.

18. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

ive never smoked a cig in my life but people say its like a menthol....My bubba kush has the craziest flavor ive ever had, and the taste changes with it leaf colors, it literally gets grape-y kinda when htey get reeeal purple......kush is VERY unique and specific

19. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Please, please please learn to post your pics so they are not sideways. No one enjoys looking at that. Thank you kind sir!

20. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

There are a ton of different kush's and kush hybrids, all with different flavor and aroma profiles but the good ones still retain that kush essence along with the other flavors.... Ya know what I mean? OG kushs have their own ditinct OG type flavor that if you're gonna call it OG it better have that flavor in there, same with the other kushs like Bubba, distinctly it's own but still has that classic Kush flavor. Master Kush is another one, there are a ton of them out now, but if it doesn't taste kushy then IMO it shouldn't be called a kush.:passsit: