ressy temps

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by nippie, Dec 17, 2014.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

quick question,

has anyone ever noticed room temp vs cold ressy water?

I swear changing next to nothing I have noticed that the run I am chopping now went through little to no stretch but every bud is a solid huge nug. Ressys are on a basement floor and the last three or so runs plants were huge (prob yeilded a little more) but the buds weren't as big or dense. There were just more of them.

The first run at this place was in winter and was the same way, short 12" plants that just turned from top to bottom actual solid nugs with little to know stretch.

this pic is from two weeks ago because I already started chopping but after dried I'll post up a pic also. but you can see in this pic what I am talking about, things barely hit the first net (usual use two) and even the lower buds look like the uppers

...but really wondering if anyone else has noticed this

[​IMG]

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Wish I had an answer... But shorter plants with more bud makes me happy

3. nippie

I'm sure my overall weight went down, but quality went up. Seriously no fluff, no popcorn, no anything like that. The shit on the bottom looks like head nugs, the only other time I seen this is right when I started growing where I am at. Beginning of this year in the winter was the same exact way.

Over the summer my plants were over double this size with some nice donkey dicks on them, but no where not even close to as dense.

I won't have finally numbers for a few days because I was sick as hell the past week and I still have tables to clear. But I am happy, even if the weight is down the product looks better.

Also, I don't think airtemps have anything to do with it because I am running AC, even now it's on dehumidify to keep mold at bay but temps have stayed pretty constant about 74 or so

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Don't know 'chit about res temps, but a cold room can give smaller buds that can pound a nail. The kind that "thunk" when they fall on the trimming table.

5. nippie

So you think its my night time temps then?

It ran exact same way last winter but that was bare bulbing.

These are my normal tables, nothing but lucas so its not like I can point to this nute or bennie. But the dab is a f'ing phenom this run. The buds look like a hill covered in snow, just so frosty.

I

6. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I agree, my old room used to get cool at noght and was probably 70s in the day and it was the same way

7. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Why does your weight suffer if the nugs are more dense? Less of them?

My best runs weight wise are when it's colder. I keep changing stuff tho so hard to really say.

8. ResinRubber

Smaller buds. Plants in cold gardens tend to suffer deficiencies and even when healthy are more compact

9. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Ressy temps aint got shizzle to do with it, its all about your lack of temp swing during on and off time....the more swing, the lankier fluffier buds....the tighter the temp swing the less stretch and more dense the buds are and also more generally the healthier the plant is going to be = root production = hungrier plant = yield!!!!

10. nippie

ok I'm confused and need to get my ass to the store so I can record temps at night.

the first table I chopped only came in at 19 oz which is kinda of disappointing until you realize it's 19 oz of what look like head nugs. I won't know on the others for a few days but the table I chopped last night BW is goign to have some serious weight to it.

so what do you think it is, my temps are always in the 70's? even at night? because it's not cold at all in there, but I'm not really there in the morning so I can't say what it feels like right before lights are on but the water is cold, like 60 deg cold. But these nugs are tits on perfect, perfect perfect

like I was saying, seen this back in January but I thought it was because of bare bulbing it and light hitting the plant more evenly

11. CCrete

it has near nothing to do with your water temps, it might have a smidge but not like you think..I bet your space goes down to mid 60s at night then goes up to low 80s during ON time...I believe the sweet spot for temp swings is around 8 degrees for the plant to stay in optimal range for all anerobic life to go smoothly, eating, root production, overall health etc etc..

12. ResinRubber

Agree CC. Bet the night temps are swinging lower than Nip thinks.

Nip- Just get a cheap $10 hardware special digi thermometer with a max high and max low recording. It'll tell you all you need to know.

13. nippie

I may pick one up tomorrow, gotta make a trip anyways.

CC, never over 76, usually 74...night time I have no clue about, but that ressy water is some cold shit. do you use fish heaters in yours? or anything like that?

14. CCrete

Hell no! My res's never have gone above 70, typically stay about 68...not worried at all on my end...but the colder the better for sure

if your water is getting that cold as you say then im betting your night time temps are in the low 60s

but who knows till ya check

15. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Holy shit didn't realize/remember/pay attention about the 8 degree thing. Turning my heaters up (air heaters that is. I don't use res heaters either.)

Agree the colder the better for tables.