rookie mistake

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by DXE, Jun 26, 2015.

1. DXE

DXE Moderator

Greetings

Made a real rookie mistake and I'm not sure how this will effect the plants growth and progress.

I recently setup a new flower space that used to be used as a veg space.

Installed the new lights, did a bunch of other upgrades in the space put the girls in and flipped the switch - all was wonderful - or so I thought.

Turns out I never reset the timer from the 18/6 cycle to the 12/12 cycle. I didnt notice until last night (2 weeks later) when I happened to be in the garden after 10PM (normal 12/12 lights out) and saw the lights on.

Sooooooo it turns out these girls got an additional 2 weeks of vegging cycle but under the Flower lights.

How is this going to effect them? Do I need to start my normal 10 week countdown from today or will the flower cycle be accelerated??

My thinking is I pissed away 2 weeks - maybe the girls will be a bit bushier but all should be ok - just my schedule will be messed up.

Any comments or suggestions??

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

There's no limit on veg time other than how large of a plant your space will accommodate. Other then auto's your Flower time begins when you flip the switch.

Duc

3. DXE

DXE Moderator

Do you think the extra veg time under flower spectrum might acccelarate the flower process at all - kind of a jump start - I really hate loosing the 2 weeks... Screws up my fancy computerized scheduling system :)

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

DXE all you did was veg them for 2 extra weeks. Sorry buddy. The flowering lights won't make a difference. So your correct. You just added two more weeks to your flowering time. :redbong:

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Yep, here is my 2 weeks of veg with a onyx bloom, i had no other light to use so they are nice and bushy.

http://forum.growkind.com/album.php?albumid=816&pictureid=9560

[​IMG]

Well the picture didnt post but the link works...:jj:

They were under t5's for two weeks before the light change, I had new clones to put under the t5 and didnt have the room for the dwc tote also, So I threw them under the onyx for two weeks to let them bush out before changing to 12/12 light period. They more than doubled in size and good bushyness.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  6. DXE

DXE Moderator

Thanks all

Looks like I shot my harvest every two weeks schedule in the foot :)

Its funny - I was going along like they were in normal flower - just defoliated them last week... After their first 12/12 cycle - they really exploded

7. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

You might want to give them a veg cycle fertilizing again though so you dont run out of N sooner then you want though.

8. DXE

DXE Moderator

Yup already did - thanks