Rso

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by nippie, Jan 20, 2016.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Someone school me right quick, I know the basics, I have made it before and feel comfortable with process....but never for actual use by someone with cancer.

Any real life real world tips would be helpful, on both production and use for true medical grade.

Also, does strain matter? I know cbd etc, but with rso you get entire profile correct? Am I good with anything in the garden.

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I make it as well. In Simpson's video , he just uses high quality bud. He did not lean towards sativa or Indica if I recall correctly. In fact , he would leave the residue in his pot and let it blend in with the next batch.

I have been making it with hybrid cross buds. I am not sure if one or the other ( sat/indica) is more effective or not.

I did use 99.9 percent alcohol to ensure the purest oil I could come up

with.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Dude...check the compost bin....hint hint. Only fix I'd make is to lower the working temp in the final minutes of boiling off your solvent.

RSO originally used entire plants and Naptha. Later he progressed to buds and alcohol. I strip entire plants then use everclear or grape alcohol.

4. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Ive never separated indica from sativa, i only separate out the one high cbd plant i do.

Not sure on this but i think the fan leaves will get your cbd up a little higher, i dont do this but i have heard it in the past.

5. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Any features I should look for on rice cooker? I ask because I have to buy one so if there's a feature that makes life easier or something about lid or hinge that you hate or like about yours, let me know. Probably about to make a large batch.

Fucking cancer, don't know if I'm just getting old, or if it's striking younger now but you wouldn't believe the amount of people I know right now fighting

6. ResinRubber

I use an induction cooker with a nonstick 8 qt stock pot. If you spend a buck for a decent induction plate the temp control can be pretty helpful. Much more versatile than a rice cooker.

7. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Had to ask while reading this. What is grape alcohol?

8. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

If you go with the rice cooker, I have the AROMA rice cooker. I got the one

with the stainless steel pot. I have a coffee cup warmer for the final step.

9. ResinRubber

Grape alcohol is simply an organic higher grade solvent than everclear. Expensive shit though and tough to source.

10. greenjah

I also use the aroma brand, didnt know they made them with stainless steel, sounds like a good way to go though, the cup warmer with a 1 cup stainles measuring cup works good though, a batch with 1 lb of trim fits perfect in 1 cup for final step then evaporates to a little over half a cup.

11. greenjah

Has anyone heard any news on bugbud214?