Scotts buying out General Hydroponics

Discussion in 'Member Contributions and Social Media Forum' started by Project-X, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Project-X

Project-X Mayor of Trichome Valley

How does everyone weigh in on this shit with Scotts/Miraclegrow buying out General Hydorponics????? Personally I think it's bullshit. GH is going to end up in big box stores and personally I don't want to buy shit from Scott's, self admitted know producer of using know poisons in there weed killing products like roundup that are not safe for the enviroment. Scotts flat out lied about it but was busted for it in the end. GH is one of the top selling nute company's and now they are fucking sell-outs that don't give a rat's ass about all the people that buy their products. They are second only to AN. Why would they fuck this up? It's all about corporate greed plain and simple. GH doesn't give a rats ass about the shit load of people that buy their shit. It is going to make a big impact on the home town hydro stores and Iv'e seen videos where they are dumping all their GH products in the dumpster! Personally I use Fox Farms and Advanced nutrients and will pay more rather than buy from a sell out bunch of limp dick assholes.:wtf?: There are plenty more reasonably prices nutes out there to use and they are damn good. Don't buy from sell outs that don't give a shit about you!

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

As an organic dirt farmer, I don't really care.

In fact, it may be a good thing. Want folks to start accepting cannabis growing as a normal activity? Start shoving the products we use under their collective noses every time they walk into Lowes/Homie DePot/Menards/Walmart/et al. It subconsciously erodes resistance to cannabis in those who would normally never have any contact with it.

If their stuff is shit, or I don't like the company, I don't have to buy their products. Simple as that. Besides...alpaca poop from my neighbor is much cheaper :bong2:

3. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

When is the sale, or is it already bought? I buy 30 gal of each of the 3 part every year and have no interest in giving that business to someone that doesn't care about the environment.

I guess i will go with advanced when i run out of what i got.

How is the advanced now a days? It used to run hot years ago if you used there schedule.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Last April. $130 million. Here's the BizJournal article. Note the highlighted section. Funny as all hell...both Scotts and GH are playing down the cannabis connection while betting it's going to grow (bad pun)...."mostly used for other plants" :roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

5. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

That's diabolical.

I like it.

Peace....