Seed Banks that screw with customers

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by ResinRubber, Jun 28, 2011.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Got shitty genetics or not what you ordered then shot down by the vendor? Been stiffed completely? Post it here. Be specific, control your rants and we're not interested in your feel good got what I wanted stories. Rounds of Fuckin this fuckin that fuckers will be edited or removed. This is supposed to informative to folks, not a piss thread. These are the horror stories every new and old grower alike should be aware of. Rip offs, scams, and poor customer service.

Here's mine to start it off. Some of you may have seen the start of this in another thread. (Sorry again Jesse)

the Attitude. Ordered Ace Double Thai to match my Lemon Thai from Fusion and a gifted highland Thai. Three Thai's in one garden....sweet right? Until the 'Tude jammed my plans. Here's the email exchange in entirety to date.

My complaint to the Attitude:

Attitude reply.

My reply

Today's exchange.

My reply

Ace Seeds has been copied the entire exchange, including the latest, with no reply as of yet.

Intro to Ace Seeds explaining the exchange.

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Nicely done and a great idea for a thread :thumbs-up:

3. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

letter from attitude

i got the exact same letter from them concerning beans not germinating...and i got a letter about the same as yours about the beans are souviners....well, i kept germinating my seeds and i did get a couple to germinate out of 10 but i was still not happy...i chalked it up to an experience....i do like cali stuff and thats where i can get them....so..i will probably do biz again...unfortunately...

maybe if you jump through hoops they will help you out...the initial letter they sent you must be a form letter...looks it to me...

good luck...

4. ResinRubber

Think it was Nippie's idea...or Shadow's....not mine anyway.

5. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

nipple..nippie.. nipp. whatever. Not my idea, I just threw in a note of agreement.

I'd like to throw up a mention of marijuanaseeds.nl

a british seedbanks using a url of the netherlands. I got good germination with their seeds. A very nice female-male ratio... however their genetic stability sucks. I don't know where their seeds come from, but every plant of the same strain had different characteristics.

Of the 5 or 6 Lemon Skunks I grew out, only 2 had an evely remotely lemonly scent. ONE was nice, falvorful, thick citrusy buds with excellent high.. the other was kinda.. bleh. Mediocre. Good high, but not much flavor. Smelled musky/moldy in container, kinda cheesy. Wasn't moldy just smelled that way.

Had one that had a sort of fabric softener scent/taste and practically no high at all.

I do have positive things to say about this supplier. Shipping to the western US was quick. Under two weeks. Gave me freebies. Freebie strain wa hash spice. Sativa/haze.. whatever. Smelled like cat piss and putrid meat and vomit, very sticky and hard to wash off like glue. When dried and smoked high was outstanding and tasted fruity. Can't find it anywhere else...

Have heard other buyers having nothing but complaints with this site. Mine is just that their genetic stability seems to suck across the board and my ordered seeds were mixed with the freebies so I couldnt tell them apart. Buy at your own risk, you'll likely be disappointed.

6. ShadowWarrior

yeah but the research chems can still be used. If you get shite, you can still fight that by saying when you took it to the lab for testing, it was full of toxins and impurities or not properly measured to the correct potency.

7. ResinRubber

You talkin' bout my posts to them? Being familiar with the english language and having passable writing skills works against me? So a better response would have been..."Hay man messed up those sooveneer seeds you sent me and want sum more but dont wanna pay for it cause its all your fawlt for selling crappy sooveneer beens aniway." (?)

I guess I see your point. Dealing intelligently and honestly with people never works.:roffl: :roffl: :roffl: BTW..simply sending them to the US is illegal too. Funny where they choose to draw that line.

8. ShadowWarrior

true. This is why customs seizes them when they catch them. I think the idea though, behind this souvenir thing is to keep some assholes like interpol from having too much reason to flex their badges over something ridiculous like "mass worldwide marijuana distribution". I dunno. Could be wrong. Then again I might be right... we all know LE cant get the value right with anything. Hell, they might view each seed as valued at 2 million pesos.. shit, each has the POTENTIAL to be worth a few thousand pesos... unless it's infertile. then it aint worth dog shit in any currency

9. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I have to agree with Res. It's like wearing a shirt and tie vs. shorts and a tank-top (depending on the position, but in general) to a job interview.

10. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

To me their line is a big bunch of bullshit.

Kind of like buying a grow light and the bulb is busted. The dealer would replace it.

Buying seeds and lets face it guys they charge a hell of a lot of money for the seeds. ok yeah the argument well it takes a hell of a lot of personal time to do the gentics I will go there.......................

But buying seeds that dont germ at all pisses me off. ONly once and never twice.

The other thing that comes up is seed runs can be huge! So say they have a haul on a variety and are selling 10 seeds to the order. Might be quite some time before getting to the bottom if you know what I mean. All the time they are getting older and older. LAST PERSON IN LINE GETS THE WORST and who knows how they were stored originally.................

t6

11. ShadowWarrior

would this justify getting a rancid, moldy jar of jam? Because it was near the end of a HUGE stock that's been taking a long time to get thru and you were near last in line to order up?

I think not. It's up to them to make sure their stock is still viable and properly stored.

12. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

[

I think not. It's up to them to make sure their stock is still viable and properly stored. good point but I have a sneekin hunch they dont bother. Besides a decent breeder would germ test the seeds if he was smart before sending them to the field to create problems.

I think its more like attitude not storeing the seeds properly and keeping track of the age of the seeds. Fresh seed runs usually if mature germ like crazy!

t6

13. ResinRubber

Ace Seeds is trying to be stand up and sort things out even tho I'm not going to them for replacement and did not buy through their recognized vendors. :thumbs-up:

Latest from the 'Tude.

My reply:

At least they are giving it a shot but 5 freebies of what they are already handing out for free doesn't really thrill me.

14. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

They are jokers. Really

t6

15. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

I have to say I can appreciate Attitude's position, though not necessarily the way they are handling things in this particular case.

Seed vendors operate in a gray area of the law. In countries where they operate, they seem to have an uneasy truce with local authorities. If saying they only sell souvenirs is necessary to stay in business, then that's what they must do. Maybe if they were blatantly rubbing it in their government's face, the government might not be so inclined to look the other way. Ever hear of Marc Emery? So I think I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt about it. Leaving a paper trail incriminating themselves is probably something they want to avoid.

On the other hand, I don't think Attitude handled the situation as best they could.

If nothing else, this should be a learning experience. In the future, when you discuss a problem with a seed purchase, do it in such a way as to avoid sounding like you are asking the vendor to break the law. It sucks that games like this have to be played, but they do.

16. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Sorry Im not buying the grey area thing. They can hide behind the fact that they are selling tokens to put on your mantle all they want.

Fact is they know god damn well what the seeds they are selling are going to be doing. If the damn seeds dont germinate they should replace or refund.

I dont even have to look for a answer if I had for instance a order of seeds from Sannie, or fusion. If they dont germ they will be replaced.

Spend your hard earned dollars and time on a seed company that backs the products they sell.

t6

17. ShadowWarrior

not to mention it's kinda dumb to report the type of plant, it's characteristics, coloring, HARVEST TIME, harvest weight possibilities, high type etc... thats a hell of a bit of info for something they expect you to just keep for the hell of it.

18. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

oldest seeds sprouting

I planted some indica seeds that have been on an insulin injection bottle sealed since 1981 that was given to me by an old hippie. The were treated with cochlacine.I believe. Anyway 7 out of the 8 sprouted I'm waiting for them to flowers outside one is definitely male but I'm gonna seed some out so as to climatise them but thanx for the warning. I Actually plan on getting some of the seeds out 2 quite a few people I know that breed See and how they are supposed to be pure indica Which means back in the eighty's it's probably an heirloom strain

19. ResinRubber

And Dubi at Ace Seeds comes through by going above and beyond. Here's the latest with Ace. I'd cc'ed them on the exchange with the Attitude and here's how a true business stands behind their product. Will I buy Ace again? Without a doubt.

Fuck the 'Tude

20. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Wow, nicely done. :thumbs-up:

Do they have a preferred vendor for their product? May check them out, I always prefer to deal with a company that stands behind their product, and is willing to make things right. It's nice to know, I was going to post about BC but apper they got their act together now, and it's been so long I no longer have the emails. Never had problems with Nirvana, but may check Ace out on the next order due to this.

Great job, great thread, let's people know what to expect when issues arise.