Seedling fell over

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Aiden, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Aiden

Aiden New Member

hi I'm new to all this so any advice is much appreciated , I woke this morning to my seedling laying down she's two weeks old and growing fine maybe bit stretchy ,watered last night as soil looked and felt dry my 300w led light was about 2ft away , I have propped her up for now and hoping she recovers any ideas please ?

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Aiden if you could post a picture that always helps. My first instinct is that your seedling started out with not enough light and started stretching. If that's the case then stand her up and add more soil around the base. Make sure to have a fan causing enough air movement to cause the plant to move a little back and forth, this helps strengthen the stem. What LED light are you running?

Herb, ducrider and nippie like this.
  3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Pix always help, but i would follow the advice listed above.

You could also use a toothpick and twist tie to help support the seedling until it gets stronger, but more soil around the base is prob the best option

4. Aiden

Aiden New Member

Thanks for reply found out it was worms Lol somehow got in one of the pots coz I used soil from veg patch lucky anuff the other two got totally different soil , the one what fell over had no roots looked like the worms eat them ,is this possible ?

5. Aiden

Aiden New Member

300w UFO led got fan on all time got them moving a little moved lights nearer to light bout 18inchs I think

6. Aiden

Aiden New Member

Breathable pots

7. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

It could have been a cut worm that did it. Did you throw out the soil and pot. I would if you haven't yet, that worm could still be in there.

8. Aiden

Aiden New Member

Yes soil and pot is gone the other two seem to be going good, tangie matic just pop out and blue amnesia is just about to they germanted 2 days ago

9. Aiden

Aiden New Member

Tangie

Attached Files:

10. Aiden

Aiden New Member

Blue amnesia

Attached Files:

11. WeedDicar

WeedDicar New Member

I think there can be a problem with the environment.

12. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I always put in more soil to help prop up seedlings that stretch so they dont fall over. You can always add more soil it wont hurt the plant.

ducrider likes this.
  13. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

worms? Never heard of worms screwing up a seedling. Can't say it never happens, just skeptical.

Next time you get a stretchy seedling go to 7/11 or wherever they sell freezey drinks and steal one of the oversized straws. Cut it to the right length then split it open lengthwise. Open the straw/tube and gently place it around the stem of your plant.

14. Agreed with the "justchekingout" extra layer of soil will not only helps your plants to stay tall, but also provide a rich source of nutrients to your plant.