So what's the scenario in your neck of the woods?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Psycho D, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

No rumor, I know someone getting $600.00 an ounce for California indoor out in NYC. He gets that price all day long.

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I've seen that rumor a couple of times myself.

MG, that's what I was saying, I know a guy that pays outrageous but makes it work in Memphis. Funny thing though, what the hell is the difference between Cali indoor and say Iowa indoor.....absolutely nothing....but throw that Cali out there, or medical, people open wallets.

I'm just happy to smoke good smoke, that I grew myself. That's my reward

3. Midnight Garden

I think it was Res that said it...Button down suits and soccer moms. But yeah, throw "Cali Grown" in the equation and all bets are off as far as price.

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

That's because Cali has a well deserved reputation for producing the finest ganja. Is there good ganja from other places? Sure but Cali has been supplying the nation with the majority of their good ganja for decades.

5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I'll throw my stuff against almost anybody's. I don't care where you've grown it. I know this guy that came running over to my house telling me, "Look I got some medical from Cali!! It's awesome." I started laughing and told him I had medical too. He showed me the packs that had the medical sticker and I laughed again. After sampling both, he asked if I could get him some of mine. I laughed again.

6. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

1k on up

7. nippie

Yeap, I'd agree with lvs on that. I'd take the pepsi challenge any day of the week. The only time I ever smoke Cali Med is from a GF that brought some back with her, a sour diesel cross...but frankly I wouldn't have smoked it if I knew it was local, only reason I did was to taste test.

What I don't understand is why you guys trim so fucked up....itty bitty little tiny weenie buds...shit I would make hash out of. Don't you guys like big donkey dick colas out there?

And I would highly disagree about supplying the nation, maybe west of the Mississippi, but we in the midwest do our own thing. Out 20+ years of smoking, I've seen Cali Buds once in my life, and that was a few months ago, and I wasn't impressed.

I will say that some of the best strains come out of cali now, I think this is strictly because it's legal out there and has been for years verse the rest of us that are strictly underground and don't/can't share genes

8. CCrete

get it everyday, allday, been like that for 4years plus, 1 guy

its not what is wanted, its whats is gotten, in all honesty..cant give dude enough...wants 5-10 a month, cant keep up

9. nippie

damn CC, hats off to you, can't keep people around here happy either but can't demand that price either...2k on half because you can say "supply and demand"...but bulk with cash in hand demands cheaper in my neck. That and it's less risk for people who grow

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I know that lots of people in lots of other places grow ganja just as good as any you can get in Cali and I in no way was implying that Cali ganja is better than everyone else's. My point is that for decades, long before Medical Marijuana was legal anywhere, Cali was supplying something like 30%-40% of all the high grade ganja in the U.S. People around the country knew this and therefore to this day in places where MMJ is illegal and penalties are stiff for growing people are importing good ganja from Cali (Yes a lot of Outdoor growers export a lot of their crop out of state) or calling it Cali grown simply because that tells people it's good. Nobody has ever said I have some really good Utah grown, but I know some Rastas that live there and grow danky dank just as good as any I've seen.

11. Midnight Garden

:rofl: Can you imagine?

12. nippie

KY has pulled their weight for years...hundreds of years when it comes to good home grown...jut saying, mid west is different beast I guess, still don't understand why you trim the way you do (not you..but med in general)

I'm going to try the utah line though, just to gauge someone's reaction....straight out of salt lake city bitches!! For the record I do like SLC Punk

13. Midnight Garden

Everyone needs to pull back a little bit. Some of you are almost admitting to dealing. I would not be doing that.

14. CCrete

yah but FEDERALLY a card from whatever state don't mean shit

Meanwhile, theres 50,000 pictures on here with names beside them, hows that for admission sake?

I don't deal, I just know some things from folks I know who do:smokin:

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

What do you mean about the trim? I don't follow.

SLC Punk was a good movie. :passsit:

16. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

If you ever took marketing in college you'll remember the four P's. Price, Place, Product, Production. Anyone who know how to grow gold ganja and has access to the supplies can grow outstanding medical grade MJ anywhere. People pay more for chevy pick ups than ford because they believe chevy makes a better truck. People will pay more for pot from cali because they believe its a better product. Like Ras said, cali has been producing great bud for decades so people (ignorant) will pay more.

17. CCrete

Chevys are for shit, cant pull a blade of grass and rust like a bucket of bolts!

anyone I know goes to cali for deals on decent bud, not for the great prices on amazing bud

I, personally think the Cali scene is overrated in a huge way, its so overrated that the prices are on the floor and the quality is ehh

18. nippie

The shit I saw and even the shit I see on tv is like little .25gram nuggs...shit I would consider popcorn. All the shows that use to be on even had it in those little jars. Around here if it aint a 4 gram bud you arw out of luck. I know plants dont grow that way so it has to been in the teim....no just knocking down a donkey dick cola to little buds....its like they take shit one step further and knock down a 3 gram bud so the can .5 gram it out like its coke or something

19. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

That's not called overrated, that's called over-saturated. The deals are usually on outdoor bud because you can yield huge and sell it for less. Lots of people feel that the quality of outdoor bud is lower due to the lack of environmental control. Another reason that the prices for outdoor are lower. Prices in Cali are low though because of the saturation of the market. Every other person with a medical card is growing and selling their excess to dispensaries and delivery services so that leaves a lot of big scale outdoor growers selling their crops to out of stater's for a "deal" which still makes them more than they would trying to sell it ion our saturated market. That's why people come here for deals.

Now don't get me wrong there is a lot of mediocre ganja around because of the semi legality of it here in CA a lot of people who have no business growing ganja are growing a bunch of whatever just to make some quick money. There is more mediocre ganja around now than ever before because everyone saw this as the wild west of growing and selling ganja and so we just have a bunch of boneheads growing mediocre quality ganja.

Legalize in your state like it is here and watch the quantity skyrocket and the quality drop at remarkably fast speeds. :passsit:

20. CCrete

yea but the reason they sell in bud form only is cuz its medical...who wants to buy a stem if your looking for the bud to satisfy your needs, the stem doesn't do shit for you except take away from what your spending on. and they trim tight cuz the more leaf the less relief, kinda like eating the toenail on a pigs foot in the south