Solventless Wax/Ice Water Hash To the Next Level

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by rasganjah, Sep 13, 2013.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

2. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I read that article. It's all hype imo (actually I am being nice cause the article is bullshit). All he is doing is making bubble hash. The technique he describes is no different. If there is a step that takes it to solvent less wax then I don't see it. I've tried this method three times with a machine and several more times with a drill and paddle bit attached to it to stir the stuff in a five gallon bucket. You get bubble hash. Period. If you want to try something good, do this...

Buy some dry ice, break it into chunks, put some trim and chunks of the dry ice into the 25 micron bag and shake like hell.

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Well I dunno about the article but the guy did win the Cup for best Solventless hash. I know that the regular Bubble Hash I have made in the past doesn't really dab. I have seen bubble hash that does though and that's what I wanna work on. I watched some videos by a guy named Frenchy that makes some high quality bubble hash. His method inbvolves pressing with some heat and a proper amount of curing time.

4. Midnight Garden

Iv'e never came close to making what that article describes. The only thing different that I have seen, and he mentions it in the article, is that the fresher the trim, the better the end result. The times I made it this way with fresh trim, I got black tar looking hash. If you take that and put it between wax paper, put that in a brown paper bag and then put all of that on the dashboard of your car during the heat of the day you end up with some pretty sticky, gooey stuff.

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

As of right now the only thing I know for a fact is that people are making it. If they can make it I can make it too. I just gotta practice and experiment a little bit. See what my results are and try and figure out what I like best. I know that I am stepping back from BHO after reading a lot and for my own personal beliefs I will stick with Ice Water for now. I like the Organic nature of Ice Water Hash having no dangerous elements to deal with and getting a product that is essentially just straight off of the plant as apposed to a true Extract that is removed and collected via chemical means.

I'm also looking into Veganics as my possible method of growing my Ganja. I already do everything Organically and Veganics takes it to another level.

6. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Ras Ive been getting some very good has by using dry ice to chill down the bud followed by running it though the bags with water. I've never tried it but I think what I'm getting from the 25micron bag

May be dabbable though I've never tried it

MG the only time I've seen bubble made from fresh trim was black and kinda mushy too. It was plenty potent but the chunk was soft and probably prone to molding.

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'd like to get Usleless' input on this. Maybe he'll stop by and see this and offer up some info. I think I remember him saying to freeze my trim fresh and use it that way for making Bubble Hash.

I'm gonna be playing around with making some hash coming up here in a few weeks. I'm still collecting trim so I can make some. Once I get a bit of a method worked out I will make a run with flowers.

I'm gonna try working inside my flowering room. It's clean and Air Conditioned as well as humidity controlled. I think those are the only factors I have never taken into account. The external environment for the extraction as well as the drying and curing process. Cooler tempos and low humidity are a couple things that were mentioned as being important factors in the article.

8. Midnight Garden

Well I for one would sure like to see if it's possible for you to get something resembling wax from the method describe in the hightimes article. What Duc said about the dry ice hash, now that makes some real nice hash.

This is some dry ice hash I made.

[​IMG]

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Don't get me wrong. That looks delicious but it looks more akin to kief than hash. Now if you were to press that and heat it some you would probably have some very nice hash.

10. Midnight Garden

That's actually kief on one side and hash on the other. It does press nicely.

11. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Ras you're the most patient and meticulous person I know when it comes to ganja. I know you'll make some bomb extracts. I want to try that dry ice method. There's an ice store here in town that sells it.

Ducrider, do you have any problems with the dry ice freezing to the bags? Does it burn them at all? Maybe I'll try that with my popcorn and trim this round.

And on a side note Ras, Roger and I finished off that GSC last night. Son of a bitch that stuff is strong. I had to keep looking around and focusing on different stuff. The longer I stared at the TV the more lost I got. Good freakin job on that brother!

12. Midnight Garden

The dry ice won't stick to the bags but will happen is eventually the air around the ice will condense into water vapor and that will freeze up on the mesh, it will look like a layer of frost.

13. ducrider

JR the dry ice never comes in contact with any water. I put the bud in a dry 5 gal bucket, add the dry ice and swish it around the bottom for 5-10 min. All of the dry use is removed prior to running the material trough the bags. The dry ice does the extraction and the water cleanses the hash. I'll take some pics and update the sticky the next time I run some bubble.

Cheers

Duc

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

15. ducrider

Ras, are those pics yours or the ice wax guy with the Facebook page? Looks wicked good either way.

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Those are the IceWax guy's pics. This is what I am going to get a master on. It seems that the keys are the strain choice, environmental control for cool dry conditions, gentle agitation, and multiple screen sizes to really separate the micron sizes. Some sizes make a better more waxy texture than others.

17. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

That stuff does look friggin awesome... I would give my big toe for a nice dab of that.

18. dowork123

dowork123 Delaying gratification!

Frenchy would tell you not to freeze your trim...because it destroys the trichome. He made reference to celery, if you put celery in the freezer and then take it out a few days later it is NOT the same as it was when it went in. Simply because the ice crystals tear or break up the trichome. If you are going to freeze it, it should be vac packed to keep as much ice out of your trim/bud as possible.

Now, I have been trying this method because I too want to get away from bho until I can acquire pure n tane and get my closed loop system, vac oven, etc. I cannot reproduce his wax...he says he "cleans it up" I don't know what that entails but maybe a second wash w water, no clue.

Finally want to throw this out there....some of the best solventless hash going around is a super refined dry sieve. You sieve and sieve over and over until you're just left with the caviar, the trichome heads. That will burn on a nail with zero residue left over but it's tedious as balls.....that's what i'm working on next. Water is a pain in the ass, which is why solvents are so popular.

19. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

lol you guys and your hashes...

20. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Well WTF Stash...where you been?

And that's all you going to add, lol...you're the hash master, WTF is this and how do you make it