Strain:Pot of Gold

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by TheApprentice, Jul 2, 2007.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

SMOKE REPORT
    (Ratings out of 10 per # aswell as comments)

#1-Strain:> Pot of Gold 9/10

#2-Appearance:> Golden Nuggets,very resinous and sugar coated. 10/10

#3-Taste:> Real strong hashlike taste,just what i was wanting. 10/10

#4-Aroma:> Very Skunky/hashy,strong but nice odour. 9/10

#5-High/Stone type:> Nailed to the floor type stone,ideal for insomniacs IMHO. 9/10

#6-Source:> The Flying Dutchman Seeds Holland 10/10

#7-Price:> For a pack of 11(so far all planted have been females) £35.00 10/10

#8-Potency:> High THC levels and resin.9/10

#9-Overall Rating:> Great smoke and i would love to give it 10/10 but i have smoked strains a lot more potent and would be doing them a dis service by rating POG 10/10 but i dont want to do the POG a dis service cos its a great strain to grow and smoke and is thee flagship strain of the legendary flying dutchman seeds holland so it gets a highly rated>>>9/10

#10-Overall Description:> A real couchlock of a stone,very relaxing yet depending on where and when it can be a bit trippy but in a good way.Mind Blowing at best but for hash lovers its a must as the trim alone is so resinous,etc.Very sexy plant when in full bloom and looking all Golden. 10/10

#11-Would you Reccomend:> Highly to all growers and smokers alike. 10/10

#12-Smokers General Comments:> As i mentioned it has a very hashlike quality to the taste and aroma,put it this way you feel the toke hit your back of the throat and thats what i NEED from any strain,i like the harshness ,the hashish taste to it.Smoke it at night and you'll be sleeping in no time,however smoke during the day and i wouldnt make any plans.... you'll be too busy lying in bed stoned as a mo'fo watching dvd's,lol. 9/10

PS: I'll edit in my own bud pictures at a later date but heres a few pics of it #1growing in my grow room during flowering and other pics of POG buds,zooms& close up picture of the POG trichs,etc. POG lower buds.jpg

Image476.jpg

FDM-potofgold.jpg

Pot Of Gold Close up.jpg

POGbud.jpg

2. Dobo

Dobo Germinated

Very nice pics :) I must try it one day..does it do well outdoors? or solely indoor?

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Id say yes.... but have no outdoor experience but its 1 hell ova tough,sturdystrain.

Living in breezy scotland its nigh on impossible to get a harvest of weed growing from outdoors BUT...

The POG strain i did notice is very very sturdy strain,it can withstand plenty stress and not hermie on ya,i honestly rate the strain highly.

Iv made a batch of clones for me and others and ya know what?All i did was cut the branch and stick it straight into 3gallon pots and they ALL rooted without ANY cloning treatments so id say MAYBE it could be a great outdoor strain,hell its a bushy strain and id love to see how big it could grow in the wild,i really would so if you are gonna give it a try keep me posted,iv still got plenty POG seeds left BTW,all of them germ'd and all of them were femmes aswell so i hardly needed to even use the rest of the seeds,the flying ducthman is a great breeder,you really cant go wrong when you buy one of his top strains TBH IMO.Cheers:potleaf:

EDIT: Its also a great strain if you like to concentrate your weed into oils or hash,etc...as it says on the breeders site,,its a money maker a honey shaker a true resin bomb....iv never seen so much resinous glands all over an MJ plant before,this strain is PERFECT for making some grade A hash for sure or some POLM,etc.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

That plant sure does shine like gold, or is that the sugar? Looks like your going having fun, with that bud, huh TA. Great report, makes me want to order some beans. With all the sugar on the leaves, can you say, hash. You got the all in one, bud, and can make hash, with the rest of the plant.

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Golden Nuggest for sure..

Yup the nugs truly do have a kinda golden shhine to them,very resinous or honey laden aswell as THC sugar coating.I took it on reccomendation from the pro growers in the sedshop and wasnt let down at all.Im still smokin it and now the fem BIG BANG is getting chopped first thing when i wake up.

The Flying Ductman is one of my all time fav dutch breeders:notworthy: Read all and anything he has to say,otherwise known as Mr.Skunky in Amsterdam.Great strain as is the Real McCoy.Cheers:potleaf:

6. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Nice report there TA... Keep up the good work buddy![​IMG]

7. Bud Greenright

Bud Greenright In the garden, you?

Excellent report- I firtst heard of the POG from you good to see the final product. The big question is how much more of it are you going to grow. Is it one of the strains you always have to have in the garden? Or will you be moving on to something else you want to try? A good test of a strain is if you can't part with it and constantly keep a supply.

8. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

POG will be around in my grows for a while i think,plenty clones..

Good questions Bud-G:thumbsup:.... Funny you say that...i have now harvested ALL plants including the big bang and what was left of the POGs and clones...

BUT..i have kept one POG growing and i think i always will cos to be real honest im convinced i can do better with the POG,not that i messed up,just know i can produce bigger yields with higher potency,like past strains such as blueberry iv grown them till i was bored rigid but at the least i will always be keeping a mother POG,its defo gonna be a strain i use for future projects.Im a big hash toker and this stuff is great for making hash but it even has a hashish taste and aroma,etc...so an ideal strain for me,i wanna do some bubble hash with it next,i still have just one lil POG clone growing,nothing else till the new strains are germed so i think that answers the question,defo a great strain,especially for ppl who love that 'nailed to the floor' type buzz.Cheers:smokin: