supercropping

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by mistical, Dec 1, 2005.

1. mistical

mistical Blazed and Confused

just read on another site that supercropping can cause some plants to turn hermie? this method is some serious stress on the plant but with a stable strain i cant see this happening, any input?

ime worried,ive just supercropped twenty of my northern light girls

SAFE

2. nugsmoke

nugsmoke Full Flowering

im not worried about it

3. BelowMe

BelowMe Excommunicated

you know i sprout NL all day long. i used to supercrop but now i top everything. ive never had a hermie from it.
    just something about multiple tops and about 3 times more ganja.

4. mistical

i hear ya BM,the plants in question have been topped allready, just thought i would go one step further and supercrop the multiple tops,and maybe four times more ganja :biggrin: this is purely an experiment,ime in no rush to get this crop finished,i just want the fattest bushes i can get. my last grow i yeilded 65 cured oz from 16 plants under 2400 watts of hps, i will let you know the results of this experiment in the not to distant future.

thanks for the reply

oh ye my last crop were all northern lights :wink:

5. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

wondering when you guys choose to top your plants? how many times do you top? very interested in 3x as much ganja :biggrin:

In my experience I have noticed that supercropping can lead to more stretching and space between the nodes.

:animbong: wa

6. BelowMe

BelowMe Excommunicated

wawona, i veg till theyre at least 10 to 12in tall, then about a week before they go into flower, ill cut the upper most growing shoot and give em their transitional nute formula. the timing between the cut and giving the transition nute formula provides the plant with all it needs to recover, and grow big and bushy. if i cut while using veg nutes they seem to take longer to recover, and get stretchy and not bushy.

7. wawona

sorry for the highjack misti :biggrin:

(Edited by wawona at 12:46 pm on Dec. 2, 2005)

8. mistical

no problermo waw, ive read that supercropping helps to get a nice even connopy when growing a large amount of plants like myself, not sure about spacing between nodes and stretching, i top in the same way as BM when their at around 12" in height whilst in veg mode, i keep pinching out the heighest growth tip untill the plants are around 18" in height then i switch to 12/12.
    as i said this is an experiment, ive topped them at around 9" this time and supercropped the new tops,ime gonna leave them for a few days now to see what happens :blah:

9. bdub420

bdub420 Full Flowering

Damnit misti..I wish you wouldve not cropped at least 1 of them so we could all see the diff...I am SO interested as to this expereiment so long as theyre is a control group..Let us know how it turns

10. wawona

there is no doubt, in my mind, that supercropping leads to bigger more dense nuggets. that's my experience any way.

11. nugsmoke

nugsmoke Full Flowering

since supercropping 5 days ago my plants have all grown four inches above the bruise. they also began flowering during this time. at day 14 tiny buds are all over the plants in almost every node. ive also noticed vigorous growth in the outer branches.

12. mistical

thats great news bro:biggrin: keep us posted

13. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

yo mysti see ya on the flipside, im always around swansea, and you know where to find me, if your ever in Holland.

im outta this fucker.

ZO

14. mistical

you mean your leaving the forum?

15. nugsmoke

nugsmoke Full Flowering

check out the extra work these outer branches have put in.

[​IMG]

supercropping apparantly gives you ROWS of nuggets in four directions from the main stem!

16. Alex

Alex Germinated

I'v got my own experiment going. I have a 2in. plant that I have topped three times, it has six tops. I'll post it as soon as I get a hold of a digital camera. The plan is to keep three plants like this growing as mothers for next springs outdoor clone grow. Has anyone tried growing drugs to get through college?

17. Alex

Alex Germinated

Iv got my own experiment going. Three seadlings wich Iv topped multiple times at a young age. One is 2in. and has six tops. Ill post some pics as soon as I get a hold of a camera.

18. Alex

Alex Germinated

Sorry boys it said there was an error but It got posted anyway WTF

19. Angry Iraqi

Angry Iraqi Begun Flowering

Supercropping will definately increase the amount of nutrients flowing to parts of the plant other than the afflicted branch(s) and give you more even growth I believe. Just dont forget that without proper pruning, those long side branches will be rows of popcorn beaties instead of one solid and dense cola.

20. BelowMe

BelowMe Excommunicated

Bullshit.