Surprise I think I've got 3 girls

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by friendlyfarmer, Sep 14, 2008.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I grew a crop over the winter indoors, and one of the plants hermied on me a little, or I didn't get the males out fast enough. Either way, a few of the buds had some seeds, so in June I spouted some, and three seedlings survived. I transplanted them into the middle of a giant patch of serious farm weeds.

I can only visit them once per week for various reasons, but each week....man! And I am pretty sure they are all females. At least there are buds on them all, and the tallest is getting a little frosty...

What luck. No nutes, no watering, no nothing. Pure, 100% organic farm grown dubbage. No $ for lights, no hassles.

WHen would one expect to harvest in, say, Northern Maine????

FF

2. highasfuk

highasfuk Germinated

highasfuk in san diego

sorry guys didn't know,:sad10:

3. highasfuk

highasfuk Germinated

sorry for the fuck up and no I'm not a pig

4. friendlyfarmer

gotta grow it

that's the only way to go

5. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

That is not tolerated on this site. Please keep this info related.

6. greenmansgecko

greenmansgecko Captain cannabis

Come on man... Im guessing youre a kid, a cop, or just plain lazy? Either way grow up and do your own work. thanks have a nice day.:sign13:

7. highasfuk

highasfuk Germinated

Sorry man not a kid or a pig maybe alittle lazy,but did not know how the site works,now i know

8. greenmansgecko

No problem, hope i didnt come off as too much of a jerk. One has to wonder anytime any person would go into such a public place and ask that. if you just walked up to me, a total stranger and asked me that id tell ya to fuck off. its just how shit works in my neck of the jungle...

9. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

That's how it works in most places...cannot believe he asked that.

10. Seeking Utopia

Seeking Utopia Cleaning Scissors

Farm Weed(s)

Right on FriendlyFarmer! Congrats on the unexpected girls. It's really going to be hard to tell ya when to pull them outa the ground without a few pics or at least a good description of the plants characteristics. With those of mine I have left to mother nature's whims, I will pull at first hard frost. That's just what I do here in the Midwestern states, not sure if it applies at all to your situation. Regardless, you have a few plants that required little to no attention, money, or stress... that's a gift.

Cheers!

Seeking Utopia

11. greenmansgecko

ya without pics, or even knowing the strain etc its hard to say. i usually pull em at first frost or deer season depending which spot im using. this year they have an early hunt so ...............:idgaf:

12. grow111

grow111 New Sprout

your lucky , i dont check on mine for 2 days and somthin took over an entire cola

but good luck with your grow and enjoy your 'free' harvest

:animbong:

13. friendlyfarmer

hi guys

Yep, I guess I shouldn't count my chickens before the eggs hatch. I'll upload pics soon......That's a good rule tho...pluck em just before frost.

14. mega-splif

mega-splif Germinated

You will want to cut them just before the first hard frost or right after it frosts hard on the plants ounce. If the plants are exposed to hard frost more than ounce they will die and you could lose your bud.

If you planted the plants in June in Main you will definantly want to let them go untill one good frost. If you take them before time they wont be fully mature because of the Main growing season being shorter than more southern states.

Even after you let them go until you cant let them grow any longer because of frost and colder nights they still wont be as mature as they could be. I think June is to late, June is late here in Ky expetially in Main. In Main there is only about a 6 month growing season starting in March ending in September. Your plants have only had about 4 month to grow, People may dissagree with me but Im pretty sure of this.

15. friendlyfarmer

you are right

i think you're right about the growing season, etc. farmers up here know damn sure you are right. However, i thought you could flower a plant early, before completing the veg stage (under lights) and although it would effect the overall harvest in terms of weight, it wouldn't necessarily effect the harvest in terms of quality. Is this correct? In other words, will the bud on the plants be deficient in terms of quality, too? DUE TO SHORTER THAN USUAL VEG TIME?

16. greenmansgecko

You are right. the plants should be fine. i put out the last few clones later than you every year. the only thing that will be effected, as you said, is the weight. In doors you can flower a two inch clone, out doors you can do the same. You really dont need to worry about anything more than leo, rippers and jack frost.

the buds wont suffer, only the size

17. friendlyfarmer

we're gonna test that theory

Here they are, finally. These were taken last week.

Last night there was a pretty hard frost. I got here late tonight...too late to check 'em. But the early frost and the prospect of having to cut them tomorrow (long before they are fully matured through the flower phase) makes me think....the short growing season is shorter on both ends. Summer starts later and Winter comes earlier. Because winter comes earlier, and the light cycle has been causing flowering for a shorter period, doesn't that mean the buds will suck? I think these will, if I pick them tomorrow.

Or maybe I'll go out there and they will be laced with a thick layer of frosty white trichomes just bursting with THC. WHo knows? I'll capture the moment for our viewers at home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. friendlyfarmer

what does death look like?

Sure nuff, the girls are still there, puffier than ever, and covered w/ sticky. On two of the plants, the main colas are just filling in, beginning to take on that classic Christmas tree look. But they need another few weeks at least to really get good. Sadly, we had a hard frost here two days ago, and I know that's not good. I can't tell if they are dead or not! I dunno whether to pluck em today to protect them from the frost and loosing bud, or let em go another week??? All sources agree that we won't have another frost until at least Tuesday. Hmmmmm....decisions, decisions.

I think for now I will let them go to see what happenes. I don't leave here tiull late Sunday night, so I will wait till then to decide.

Pics coming from today, but my p.o.s. camera (much like Hygrade's) just doesn't do them justice.

19. friendlyfarmer

joy of joys

OK guys....the result of the experiment is.......(drum roll)

Wait! In our last episode, FF left the three surprise girls for one more week to flower, despite frost dangers. I haven't seen them for a WEEK and they could have: 1) died from frost the first day I left - rotted piles of hay 2) been discovered and stolen - no bud 3) barely stayed alive, but added no further bud growth, or even 4) been eaten by weed-loving bugs or small animals.

What did happen was I just arived an hour ago and paid a visit. With my little led flashlight I could see that they were still there, and loaded with large sticky white bud with nice purple tinting. No death from frost. No bud rot. No theft, or animal/insect ingestion.

JOY

I'll harvest bud. Now the next question I will be faced with Sunday is....to harvest or let go yet anoither week, taking the above risks again.

It will depend on the weather/temp forecasts. BTW, by almanac, this locale hit 33 degrees and 30 as the two overnight lows in September 08. Hardy plants!

FF

20. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

:wav: :wav: :wav: