switching from 24 to 18-6

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by CREATIVE GARDENER, Oct 16, 2014.

1. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I have always ran flos for vegging and for 24 hrs. But I'm going to veg some plants under the LED until it cools down enough to fire all 3 up to start flowering.

But with the humidity is so high I need to run a dehumidifier for a few hours in there. But that will run the heat up. Was thinking about going 18- 6 and running the dehumidifier while the lights were off. It would be only be for a couple weeks until I start to flower.

I don't remember anyone ever mentioning the fact, but I've switched a lot of the plants to Smart Pots cloth containers. And I'm starting to think they are a big factor in the humidity in the rooms too!!

Be Cool, CG

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

You make a good point about smart pots being a possible source of humidity issues. I definitely noticed that my smart pots would dry out a couple of prior to the plastic pots needing water when I'd occasionally run the two together. That moisture has to be going somewhere .Humidity was never an issue for me though because I always had good airflow even during lights out. My exhaust fan and lights were always on individual timers so it was easy to have the fan kick on for 15 min every few hours during lights out to keep a little air moving.. That said I can see where smart pots fully watered could be an issue in a sealed room.

Duc

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Makes perfect sense. Good thing to know, thanks CG.