The Best Fast Brownie Recipe

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by mafeeker, Apr 12, 2008.

1. mafeeker

mafeeker Engineering Monsters

When i first started experimenting with making "special" brownies, i tried almost every method known. What you learn pretty quick is that the time put into the preparation is proportional to the quality of your brownies. For me, the best solution was finding a method that was relatively quick but also very effective. Eventually I stumbled on an interesting recipe that was just what i needed. If you are a beginner too cooking with cannabis, i really suggest trying this recipe first. Making a quality cannabutter should take hours, and justing adding your herb into the mix is kinda a waste. So here it is...

*This recipe will fill two 9x13 baking pans and make 30 average strength brownies or 18 strong-ass brownies

Ingredients:
    1oz commercial grade bud or 1/2oz quality dank buds
    2 boxes brownie mix

Begin by preheating the oven to the temperature indicated on the box. Take your buds and remove any seeds if necessary, then place in coffee grinder/ blender and grind until befomes a fine powder. Make sure to scrape all the powder from the grinding container and place on paper plate for now. Meanwhile, put a medium sauce pan on the stove over low heat and add the oil as directed by the box. Let this heat for 2 minutes. If you have a thermometer, keep the temp around 300 F, but no more than 350. DO NOT OVERHEAT!! Now, add your powdered bud to the oil and stir constantly for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool. Meanwhile, mix your brownie mix and all other necessary ingredients in a bowl. Take your cooled oil and dump into the batter, including all the powdered plant matter. Get all that you can out of the pan and vigorously stir the batter until evenly mixed. Divide into 2 seperate well greased 9 x 13 pans and bake as directed.

You now have a very potent batch of brownies with minimal weed flavor. These are really fun to take before going to the movies or theme parks. When dosing for the first time, take it very slow. These can take up to 1 hour and a half to start to kick in, and you won't peak for about another hour after that. The high from brownies is much more intense and lasts longer than smoking, don't be surprised if you are pretty worn out after one of these. Under no circumstances should you drive either, as brownies tend to effect your body and motor skills expontially more than smoking. Brownies can sometimes make me spontaneously shake. Honestly, it's really easy to have to much brownie and take a pretty bad trip, so take it slow at first.

To store these, cut and wrap individually in aluminum foil and store in the freezer. They will stay good for months.

Hope this recipe helps. Enjoy!!!:suave:

lukesmommy likes this.
  2. Fretgod

Fretgod Excommunicated

so you dont strain the but out of the oil?

3. mafeeker

No, and the reason being is that many novice bakers will often cook the bud at the wrong temperature or for not enough time to transfer all of it to the oil, and the resulting brownies are weak, and the bud is ruined. This way, you activate the THC, transfer most of it to the oil, so when you mix it all together, you get the THC evenly distributed, and you also retain the THC from the remaining bud. It's just the easiest, most efficient method i have found, and i have a lot of experience with brownies. If you have had trouble in the past with weak brownies, or messed up brownies, this is a fail-safe method that only take about 1 hour to prepare. Try it.

4. McPotLovin

McPotLovin Excommunicated

5. mafeeker

I just recently tried to make some more brownies using the cannabutter method, and i really don't like it. It takes too long, the brownies are much weaker than my method and they almost taste worse than my method as well. I'm telling you, try my method, you will be pleasantly surprised.

6. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

7. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

I'm gonna try this recipe mafeeker, and i'll letcha know how we do!!!

Thanks for the writeup on it, they sound delish!

Keep on cookin'!

-LM

8. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

For anything you can use butter in the ingredients, you can make weed food out of it. Just put a brick of butter in a crock pot and put in your fine busted weed, then let it simmer for about an hour. You can add that stuff to any baked good.

I'll try getting some really cool recipes for you guys, I got quite a few.:smokin:

9. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Shweeeeet! Thanks SG!!! Can't wait to see whatcha got!

Peace

-LM

10. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

The last time I tried to make them with the oil like that you could taste NOTHING but weed. They did get us absolutely fucked though.:thumbsup:

11. mafeeker

Yeah, I will admit that they usually have a pretty strong flavor, but I'm the kinda guy that doesn't mind this particular flavor. I think that it makes the brownies taste like they have raisins in them:rofl: I tried the cannabutter method before as well, attempting to get the taste out of the brownies, but I thought that those brownies tasted worse than my oil method. They had a really nauseating strange taste from the cannabutter. So thats why i prefer this method, its easier, quicker and I like the taste. You can do this same method and strain the plant matter out if you like, but if you grind your bud into a fine powder, I find it just dissolves in the oil and you dont notice any plant matter in the brownies.

Also, some tips on storage:

I like to individually wrap mine in foil and store in the freezer. They will last for months. Also, microwaving the brownie for 15 seconds will make them kick in quiet a bit faster I have noticed.

In a bit I will be covering the infamous Green Dragon!!!! :shocked:

12. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

Will these brownies get me high??

13. talltrees

talltrees A Fat Sticky Bud

its definitely worth it to strain the bud not doing so makes your brownies taste awful i use cheesecloth to strain

14. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

i'm gonna toss my hat in the ring. I'll go to walmart and pick up a thermo for the oil temp since it's important. I have been wanting a coffee grinder for a while and ppl tell me i'm stupid but i mean shit i gotta use scissors for these nugs. I will post my results...DSP

15. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

mafeeker - do you use vegetable oil -or- butter with this method?

16. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

HHHg he hasn't updated since august. The box calls for oil. I just got all the fixins' I got some WR hanging i'ma use the popcorn from them. so i will have results soon. I thought you were done cooking after your experiment? DSP

17. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I was just wondering because some of the 'from scratch' recipes call for butter. I prefer baking from scratch because it tastes so much better.

I've done lots of cooking since that first bad trip. Check out my sensimints.

18. mafeeker

On oil or butter

Hey, guys, I'm back on GK after a 4 month hiatus. Unfortunatley nothing going on with growin until spring. Anyway, to answer your questions and clear up some details I left hazy...

1. You can use butter or oil for this method, but i always use vegetable or canola oil. If you want to use butter, I suggest looking up a recipe for cannabutter and making that, as the butter may burn too easily with my method.

2. You can strain the plant matter out, i recommend using a cheese cloth or fine wire mesh strainer. Make sure to squeeze the plant matter to try and get all the oil or butter out of the mixture. I don't do this, as my original recipe calls for the bud to be ground into a very fine powder with a coffee grinder or blender. I don't mind the taste, but i also generally use decent quality weed, and the end taste depends strongly on the quality of the bud, so if u are using mersh, strain it.

Well, thats about it. I posted this recipe for all the people out there who have tried makin brownies or other weed treats and felt that they didn't feel the full effects. I will garauntee that if you follow my original recipe posted at the beginning of this thread, you will be very satisfied with the results:fly: Enjoy!!!!

19. bcb

bcb Germinating

this recipe looks super easy, for a firat time cook of edibles. I followed directions but my brownies came out a bit hard on the edges. what do you think I did wrong.:icon_confused:

20. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Temp alittle to hot or maybe cooked just a tad to long. You know how most applicances can heat different. My experiences with cooking.