The Coleman Cannabis Cabinet

Discussion in 'DIY' started by weedwacker, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Blah blah

it's not so tough to figure out your power costs.

I run a cab with 510w of lights, and about 125w of fans.

it runs me about $20 per month @ .0793 per kWH.

example - 400w x 12hrs = 4800 (Watt Hours)

4800 x 30days = 144000

now veg lights - 110w x 18hrs = 1980

1980 x 30days = 59400

add total WH and divide by 1000 for your kWHs

203400/1000 = 203.4 kWH per month for my lights.

.0793 x 203.4 = $16.12

I've left out the fans because it's just repeating the same steps but you get the idea.

Weed Wacker! Summer is over, fire that thing up and start posting pics!

Peace,

Grat

2. weedwacker

weedwacker Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Sorry for not responding, but I have not been on line much lately and haven't taken pictures of the cabinet in some time. I actually kept a mom going of my White Widow and my Bubblious all summer and they survived high temps close to 120 F in my garage. They got ugly, but I got plenty of clones off them. White Widow is definitely a plant to consider if you are looking for a plant that can handle the heat. The young plants seem to thrive on the heat.

I've already harvested two of the WW and they turned out pretty nice. They were the first in the HPS side of the cabinet so their growth was a little stunted from the heat. Temps are way down now so I'm in full grow mode with a plant on line to harvest every 1-2 weeks.

I also started some White Russian seeds and all four turned out female so my cabinet is pretty full now as you might imagine. I'll try to get some pics posted soon.

Thanks for answering the fellow GKers questions in my absence

3. Shine Down

Shine Down plays in cabinets........

good to hear they made it... how's everything else going man, i haven't talked to you in a while....

i bet that cab is smelling lovely right about now....

4. GrOBIG

GrOBIG smot poker

Awesome cab WW!! Im a fellow cabber my self, and I will def be makin some adjustments on mine after seeing yours in action. I was also impressed with the size of those buds...have you thougth about using CO2? I use a product called CO2 Boost, not sure if your familiar with that or not...I used it in a 16sqft room before I had my cabinet, One full grow w/ it...and one full grow w/ out it and there was noticable size difference in the budz. www.co2boost.com Good luck this winter!!

:growin:

5. weedwacker

I finally got a chance to take a few pictures. After setting out for the hot months I’ve finally gotten to a perpetual grow mode. The big Bubblicious is getting cut tomorrow and the big White Widow is going shortly after that. I had three White Widows in 2 ½ gallon buckets, but I’ve already harvested those. I’ll post on the results of those soon (except for the one I smoked already).

As you can see I’m using a one gallon jug for my flowering plants now. This seems to yield almost as much as the bigger bucket with the only difference being how often I have to water. I could go a full week with the 2 ½ gallon buckets while only 3-4 days with the 1 gallon. I can get three times as many plants in there with the one gallon so I feel this will result in the best yield for my cabinet. I have a dozen in flower now including Bubblicious, White Widow and White Russian.

I’m set up now to rotate new plants in every week or two as I cut one. I go from Solo cup to a short tumbler to a 64 oz Double Gulf cup and about a week or two before flower I move them into the gallon jug. I’ve probably got close to 3 dozen plants in various stages of veg. I take a set of 4 clones every week and go from there.

You may notice the screw driver hangin from some of the plants. If the top gets above my maximum canopy height I tie a small rope to the top with a metal clip on it. It doesn't take much weight to bend a small top over, but I keep adding weight as needed. Towards the end I have a 12" screwdriver hanging on the tip. To do this I also have to tie the plant at the bend and tie it off to my cabinet. You have to be careful with plants like this when you take them out because they fall over easily when dry and some won't stand on their own even when full of water. I also insert piano wire along the plant and tie it with soft ties to help support the stock from all this side weight.

I also got a free bottle of Cal/Mag from my nute supplier and I substitute it for nutes 3-4 times during flowering and it seems to really fatten the buds up. Here is a link to the nutes I use if anyone is interested in HIGH quality nutes at a LOW price.

Shine, just PM me your phone number if you want some White Russian clones I can spare some if you want.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I don't have time to list these all out, but the pics are in order of full plant then close ups.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Nice pics

Looks like your whole setup uses Hempy style

7. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

I take it those are the mothers that are super tall but missing the lower branches? What's the purple strain? Looks good all the way around...DSP

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

A year later

and look what you've got.

Props on a great grow, diligent thread maintenance and sharing your experience.

Thanks so much Weed.

cheers,

9. weedwacker

HHHG,

That's a definite yes on the Hempy. I started with it because it sounded so easy and it seems to be I was right. I'm on my sixth strain and they all seem "easy" so far with the Hempy. I even use the Hempy/Rapid Rooter technique for cloning I learned here. The Solo cups in the top left compartment on the right side are clones that just started growing.

SCS,

No, I currently don't have any mothers going. I typically remove at least the six bottom nodes as the plants grow and that's where I get my clones. My canopy is so full the lower branches are always weak and yield very little bud so I continue to clip them off as it becomes obvious they won't develop.

The purple looking pictures are the White Widow.

RR,

Thanks for the kudos. I've definitely come a long way considering I had no growing experience before.

You may have noticed that the left side of the cabinet only has two shelves now. I found it was too hot and I didn't have enough head room for taller plants with three compartments. This veg space still produces way more plants than my flower side can handle.

The hardest part is keeping everything watered. This many plants in all stages of growth means watering something every day.

10. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I'm with you on the Rapid Rooters and Hempy. I haven't found a more successful method yet.

11. weedwacker

I’ve been making adjustments to maximize the output in my little grow space. Although you can get more yield with a 2 ½ gallon bucket I can fit 3-4 one gallon jugs in the same space. These are ideal for my grow space giving me 3 rows x 5 rows or 15 total flowering plants at one time. I’ve shortened up vegging times to keep my plants shorter so I don’t have to bend the tops over. With the 8-9 weeks needed for the strains I am growing and this many plants I am now set to harvest almost two plants each week.

Flower compartment with 15 plants

[​IMG]

Full cabinet without lights on

[​IMG]

White Russian #1

Germinated 9/1/08

Flower 12/11/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

White Russian #2

Germinated 9/1/08

Flower 11/15/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

White Russian #3

Germinated 9/1/08

Flower 11/15/08

Start Flush 1/8/09

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

White Russian #4

Germinated 9/1/08

Flower 12/3/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

WR#3 Clone

Cutting date 10/3/08

Flower 12/31/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone A

Cutting date 9/1/08

Flower 11/23/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone B

Cutting date 9/21/08

Flower 12/11/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone C

Cutting date 9/11/08

Flower 12/3/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone D

Cutting date9/1/08

Flower 11/23/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone E

Cutting date 9/1/08

Flower 11/21/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone F

Cutting date 9/21/08

Flower 12/21/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone G

Cutting date 9/1/08

Flower 11/21/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone H

Cutting date 9/11/09

Flower 12/31/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone I

Cutting date 9/21/08

Flower 12/25/08

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bubblicious Clone J

Cutting date 9/11/08

Flower 12/25/08

[​IMG]

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Those are some nice looking bud!

Great Work!!! :thumbsup:

13. ResinRubber

What an incredible thread. From build thru healthy strong plants that are more than a little tasty looking.

Thanks for the pics, nice job Weed! Took some diligence to maintain the thread this far. Looking forward to harvest pics soon.

14. ResinRubber

""You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to weedwacker again."""

Shit!

15. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

some serious bookkeeping

man how the hell do you keep trackof that...i would be a freggin basketcase trying to remember all that..even taking the time to write it down...next i would get a machine that puts a embedded bar code into each clone so you can wave a wand over it and it will come up on some sort of monitor with all the data....lol....very nice pics...i am going to try to build one of those...this year sometime...

16. Zeppelin

Zeppelin In The Hills And Far Away

WEEDWACKER i do have a question ?? In those 1 gal Water jugs do you ever have a problem with Rooting? I will be using the Exact same jugs for my MOMS and I was wondering about them getting root bound!!! Thanks for any answer!!! Nice Cabnit !!!!!!!!!:smokin:

17. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

yield questions...

Hey man, glad to see the updates!

As you know I have a very similar setup but I've never tried to do a perpetual harvest. I've only ever flowered out each "batch" at a time. What are you averaging per plant in that style? I'm not sure I'm ready to be needing to do every different maintenance task on a weekly basis... My primary issue is that I can't transplant my vegging plants into anything much bigger than a half gal pot...just not room on the shelf...so I transplant in to the final pots right when the flower side is available and give them a week under the big light on a veg cycle to establish roots etc and then go to 12/12 after they have been vegging for a week. This puts me on a 10wk rotation. Last round was a bit over 200g! Blew my mind! IF, and it's a big IF, I was truely able to maintain that it'd be 2.32lbs per year...total power consumption is under 700w. What are your rough calculations? thought in these terms yet?

The other Q I have is regarding the light diffusers in the veg side, I see not that they prevent the plants from growing into the bulbs and burning but beyond that do you think they are of benefit? Just always seemed like they would reduce the overall light intensity... Any thoghts now that it's been in use for a while?

Thanks again man...

even though you're sporting a 600w light and growing hempy, I always sorta feel like your setup is the closest thing to an "apples-to-apples" comparison that I'm aware of...you prob don't see it that way though...:laughing5:

Grat

18. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I got one half built right now and waiting for funds to buy the light on flowering side. Just keep telling myself cry once and buy once (the light)

You can do it also just follow weedwackers lead. :)

19. weedwacker

Actually I stopped keeping track of each plant. I just put the dates on a plant label like this. This is a White Russian that is one of four seeds that all ended up female so she has sisters WR1, WR2 and WR3.

[​IMG]

The first date is the date it sprouted from seed or the date the clone was cut. The second date is when I started it on flowering. After that I just wait for 7-8 weeks and then flush for 7-10 days.

whiskykid likes this.
  20. weedwacker

What I do is make my last transplant to the gallon jug about a week before putting it into flower. Initially they can go almost a week without watering. During stretch and when the buds are starting to really take off this might go down to watering every two days. As the buds mature they seem to need less water. By the time flushing is needed they can go 3-4 days. Next time I harvest one I'll take pictures of the roots for you.