The Coleman Cannabis Cabinet

Discussion in 'DIY' started by weedwacker, Jan 4, 2008.

1. weedwacker

weedwacker Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Grat,

I haven't been weighing each plant so i really don't know. The last one I clipped took two quart mason jars. One for the main cola and the second for the rest.

As far as the diffusers go, they are strictly to separate the hot bulbs from the plants. The plants can grow up against them without burning. You could also argue that the light is spread out in all directions evening out the light across the whole chamber.

Your thread actually gave me ideas for my cabinet. I've never seen them as anything, but different ways to skin a cat.

Now if I can just get everyone to max out their "Reputation" points like ResinRubber and I'll be all set. :) :fly::passit:

2. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Nice system and plants you got there

When you start 12/12 do you raise the plants up close to the light, or start them all at the floor level?

3. Zeppelin

Zeppelin In The Hills And Far Away

WHAT? I asked if you had problems with your roots getting rootbound in those containers!!! No offense and much RESPECTWEEDWACKER but I know all that already!! LOL LOL !!!! Have you ever used those before for your cabnit? I was wodering how big of a plant do you get out of those containers???

4. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

nice cab and buds dude :)

5. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I just want to know where you got those containers? :qbluewacko:

Did you make them, putting two containers together, cutting the bottom out of one?

6. weedwacker

OK, the answer is NO. I just thought you'd want to know why.

I've used them before. How tall the plant gets depends on how long I veg it. The first ones were too tall so I had to bend them over. I'm vegging them less now in hopes they will top out before they get too close to the light.

With White Widow and Bubblicious I get around 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 oz per plant.

7. weedwacker

They are one gallon Crystal Geyser bottled water. I paid a buck each at Tom Thumb and at the dollar store. I don't recommend using the water because I've had nute burn each time I've used it. I cut the top off and leave the strap handle on. I wrap them with duct tape to block light and make them stronger.

8. weedwacker

My tallest plants are on the floor, which is about 8 of them. I try to keep all the tops at the same height. The ones in the front are on a board which is adjustable with some stackable disks I have. These disk just happen to be the right size for these jugs so I can also adjust each plant on the board if needed. Seems like a lot of work, but actually makes it really simple to keep the canopy all the same height, even when they are doing the crazy stretch in early flower. The new ones go in on the board and also has more disks under it to bring it up close to the light.

9. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

hey ww

i was wondering how you were getting along with the smell.i have followed along the whole way and know you had some problems and got them fixed...are you still happy with the fix...would your cabinet be ok...if used in a bedroom like maybe for a stand up closet or such...or would it just look too wierd...i mean for regular folks...like if my bourbon drinking non smokin brother came over would he say..what the fuck you have that in your bedroom for...i maybe moving into a place that does not have a garage...or a 'normal" place to put this cab...please tell me your thoughts..thanks...i already will put big rollers on the bottom...i like that and thought about that as you were telling us about it...thanks for all the work..great job

10. Zeppelin

Zeppelin In The Hills And Far Away

Cool thanks for the ANSWER LOL!!!!!!! Keep on Growin!!!

11. weedwacker

This is not a stealth cab and there's no cloaking device. If someone asks about it no matter what you answer they will want a look see. The smell is noticeable at times especially when you open it to work on the plants. if you can't vent the room it will linger. I can open up both ends of my garage and it airs out quick.

ResinRubber likes this.
  12. ncmaineac

thanks ww

thats exactly what i wanted to know..i like someone who is direct and to the point with an answer....thanks a bunch..you r da man!

13. blah blah boy

Weedwacker, could you tell me, does all three of your top fans move air in or out? I know that the 6" one is an exhaust.

I just want to know, cause in your veg side theres just that one fan and I know you have a vent in the bottom. So I bet its an exhaust. Well I guess I all ready answered for you. :qbluewacko:

The scrubber doesn't move through the carbon?

14. dicediggity

dicediggity Germinated

This is my first post and the first thing i want to say is props to weedwacker on the cab and on giving all the steps in how to build it. Right when i saw this thread for the first time i was immediately inspired to build my own coleman cannabis cab. Here are a few pics: (I took em on my camera phone so some are a little blurry.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is also my first grow. I got 9 big buds going and 5 super silver haze. So far everything seems to be going well. This is pic is on day 13. (SSH are in the green cups and BB are in the red)

[​IMG]

As for the cracked ice panels, I had one shelf with a panel and one shelf without. After two weeks of growing there appears to be a significant difference in the size of the plants on each shelf so today I decided to take out the panel.

One question that I actually have for you weedwacker is if you keep your exhaust fans constantly running or if you have them on some sort of timer. It seems a bit unnecessary to keep them constantly running in such a small space. I assume there must be some sort of timer you can buy to make them turn on every 15 minutes or so for only like two minutes just to exchange the air now and again.

15. blah blah boy

How are you venting yours? what type of fan? and are you scrubbing the air? or exhausting outside? Nice cab though I too have one in the makes and almost done the veg side and starting the flowering.

What a franchise Weedwacker! I guess you should collect a residual income from it.:laughing5: :smokin: :smokin:

16. dicediggity

dicediggity Germinated

I'm venting using a 6" duct fan in each compartment. They fit really well in the 6" holes I drilled so I just wedged them in the holes with a little bit of glue around em. As of right now I'm not using a scrubber. I plan on worrying about that more when i get closer to the flowering stage.

17. weedwacker

dicediggity,

Looks like you added some extra locks for security. Good idea if there's any chance someone will open it.

To think 18 months ago I didn't know squat and now people are actually asking me for advice. I owe most to GK for what I know, so I'm happy to pass it forward.

My veg and flower compartments each have separate timers. The exhaust fans are on 24/7 because the plants need CO2 all the time. The fan for the Cool Tube (flower side) gets switched depending on outside temps. When it starts to get hot I leave it on to cool the light as soon as possible. When it's cold I have the fan go off with the light to leave some residual heat in the cabinet. I do not have a scrubber on my veg side and that is the cause of most of my smell.

18. weedwacker

Glad to help out a fellow spud picker. I used to live in the biggest city in the biggest county in the biggest state in New England. I still have family there. This cabinet should work great for you because you should never have to worry about the heat like I do now in the summer. Good luck and send us some better pictures when you can.

19. ncmaineac

huh not sure which is biggest

houlton, pi or madawaska....well i would guess presque isle...i am a maineac or mainer if you prefer through and through..but i live in another state now....maybe my name would give it away...lol...

while i am at it...i was thinking about your flowering pot delimma , if you want to call it that....i was thinking about using 4 or 6 inch pvc with an endcap ...you could do the calculations to find out how long for 1 gal or 2 gal or 3 gal...drill holes in the endcap and you would have a very clean pot whatever size you choose...and put a 3/8ths plyboard down at the bottom of the cab to hold the pipes in place with hole sizes appropriate to the pipe size you choose...neat and clean...just like you like it...somewhere along the line you had engineering training...thats for sure..ok there spud..talk to you later...

20. weedwacker

Grat was asking if my plants are getting root bound with the gallon jugs so I took a few pictures. This was a Bubblicious that I just harvested. It was 8 weeks into flower plus 10 days flushing.

As you can see the roots couldn’t hold a lot of the perlite when I removed it from the jug. There was no signs of roots circling the container.

[​IMG][​IMG]

After I shook out all the perlite you can see the roots are relatively short, but very thick.

[​IMG][​IMG]