The Friendly Flood Table

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by friendlyfarmer, Feb 16, 2014.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

[​IMG]

New phone camera SUCKS

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

looks clean FF. what strain/strains?

3. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

oh, looking at the other thread I reckon that would big bubb:icon_confused:

4. friendlyfarmer

Good guess, the BB are just in front of this round. These are all KillaQueen X Blue Hammer. They've been sittin in the clone tray for about 4 weeks :LOL:

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey FF, that's my same set up! Nice

6. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Lookin good!

How come the light is so high up? That's guna promote a tall, difficult to manage plant.....remember theres no true base to keep her stable like in soil or hempy

7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

:popcorn-2:

8. DXE

DXE Moderator

I have a question - in general with flow tables or hydro in general.....

Isnt it a high risk that an imbalance in your medium could take out an entire table??

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Can you ask this better?

IF you presoak Rockwool or rinse you hydroton you should be fine, it really is set and forget it.

If you are asking about plants falling over, yes nets are a must because you don't have as much medium to support the plant

10. CCrete

no more of an issue than any other type of growing.....that's a myth to some account, that HYDRO is some kind of volatile scenario, its not....as long as you have a brain and eyes youll be good!

11. friendlyfarmer

Lowering light (SoD you following along here? :LOL:)

DXE I think I know what you are asking and the answer is no worries. What this means is that instead of crawling around on my hands and knees 4 days a week, I can remain upright like the homo sapien I am and let a pump do the bending for me.

Useless formula. I'm skeered of Lucas - no Grow? Seems suspicious.

BTW isn't BM freakin' cancerous poison?

12. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Yup.

thanks to dizzlekush from icmag for the post below

To this day many nutrient manufacturers have not disclosed the active or "secret" ingredients of their questionable products. We are told this is to keep any trade secrets from getting out but its fairly well known that any 'secrets' in this business are old news in the horticulture/agronomy department. People are buying products without any knowledge or concern of what said products contain. I know too many growers that moaned when Phosphoload was banned and when Gravity was taken off the shelves. Whether you use marijuana for recreational or medicinal use, its ridiculous to take a largely harmless plant and spray chemicals on it that are not allowed on food crops that can make your plant harmful if consumed.

Im a bit of a Blackstone libertarian in that i think if you want to hurt yourself, you can go ahead and do it as long as you harm no others. However many of the people buying these products and spraying their plants with these harmful chemicals DO NOT grow for just their own needs. Many provide to dispensaries where their chemical sprayed product is SOLD AS MEDICINE, or to an illicit market where unsuspecting buyers are consuming a product that's more harmful than they've come to know. Marijuana is by astronomical proportions the most consumed somewhat-illicit substance in the world, and that's because its comparatively a harmless substance with many [potential] health benefits. But once you start spraying your cannabis with some of these plant growth regulators/retardants (PGR's) and systemic fungicides and insecticides (but that's a whole separate discussion), you're creating a potentially harmful product and providing it to a large group of consumers/patients who are unwittingly consuming marijuana that's now more harmful to consume than in the history of its existence.

We've all heard that nobody has died from smoking weed. Well, with a new standard of harmful PGR's and systemics sweeping through the growers community, i think that might change soon. there has already been a medical marijuana/AVID related death. Its just a matter of time before peoples health starts getting compromised form the consumption of these mystery PGR products and systemics.

The following attachments were provided to me by G. Low, author of Integral Hydroponics and the co/owner of integralhydro.com and manicbotanix.com, with the expressed permission to post said given attachments. The attachments are lab test results of PGR concentration of different "mystery" growth regulating products like Phosphoload, Gravity, Flower Dragon etc. Thank you G for all your personal endeavors in fighting the good fight against the PGR Peddlers

Lab Testing Results courtesy of integralhydro.com

Bushmaster: 271ppm Paclobutrazol

Gravity: 516ppm Paclobutrazol

Flower Dragon: 18,400-18,650ppm Daminozide, 30-46.3ppm Paclobutrazol

Phosphoload: 17,800ppm Daminozide, 20.6ppm Paclobutrazol

TopLoad: 3,467ppm Daminozide

13. CCrete

no wonder it works so good

14. friendlyfarmer

I'm going to use BM. I did some research and couldn't find a single study linking Paclobutrazol to cancer in humans. The most anyone has said, really, is that various authorities (including some states) have banned it's use in food for humans, without citing any real empirical research as to why. So people think "if CA banned this they MUST have a good reason" which is the logical fallacy of Appeal to the Masses. What I call the "Million Flies Argument"

:bs:

15. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I dunno. Not something I ever used so I have no trouble saying I won't use it. :smokin:

16. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

A lot of times in cases like this the ban is not because it's proven to be harmful but because in hasn't been proven safe yet. They usually side on caution when unsure.

Be Cool, CG

17. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I beg to differ. I have eyes but my brain seems to take vacations whenever it wants and I do hydro ok without it. I think. :thumbs-up:

18. friendlyfarmer

These are 8 KQ x BH. The clones were flowering when I put them in 3 weeks ago. Two weeks ago I chopped each plant halfway down the stalk, then over the days following I cut off all but the highest remaining four side branches.

I'm sure this harsh treatment and keeping them in cubes in a tray under a floro for so long is why they look like they do, and I'm sure they will eventually grow back to normal. Weird single point fan leaves.

Switching plants around from one spot on the table to another is easy and has no negative effect, but the root balls are small. Gonna flip in two weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]