There's a new fridge in town!

Discussion in 'DIY' started by jr215, May 9, 2013.

1. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

No comparison to Resin's Frankenfridge (big props to resin), but this is the one I just finished. Think I'll call it Robofridge. I'm running a 600 watt HPS with a carbon filter and a huge vent fan that is way over rated for this fridge. I need to cut in another fresh air inlet before I fire her up. I plan on running a small ebb n flow with 5 plants. I'll post some pictures in a few weeks when the plants are flowering. I found the fridge on craigslist. The guy removed all the refrigeration stuff and lined it with reflective Styrofoam sheets. I added the lock, ventilation and electrical. I hope it works! And yes, my garage is always this messy.:coolbounce:

fridge3.jpg

fridge1.jpg

fridge2.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/fridge3.jpg.aa6117534e1c564e9e2beaa2945d1a28.jpg

/monthly_2013_12/fridge1.jpg.1bd8788cde62d77cd87644ffba7c97ec.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/fridge2.jpg.dd2425083e0acf607bfaa7b51e69831c.jpg

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

:coool: I wanna see it in action now! Get too it buddy! :goodjob:

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Let me ask yall a question, because I do have an old ass big fridge: Do you make it into a small veg/flower box or just use it only for flowering?

4. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I'm just going to use it for flowering Lion. I built a big closet that I was flowering in and I have a tent I keep my moms and clones in but my wife has been getting kind of uncomfortable with the whole thing so I'm downgrading. A friend is going to take my moms and just give me clones when I need them so now I just have one little flower box.

5. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

What if you left the refrigeration in it? Would that keep temps down or take up to much space I'm wondering. Still looks badass and pretty stealthy, looking forward to seeing it in action

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

NOICE Jr!!! Mucho airflow through that light and yer gonna be rocking it. Clean clean clean on the build too. Now fill-er up and hop to it son.

LL, why not one of each? Peeps are always tossing old fridges.

7. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Thanks resin! I have some very well started Vortex clones I'll be tossing in tonight. Instead of adding another hole for air intake, I propped open the flap in the ice dispenser. The way its positioned doesnt allow any light in so its perfect. The exhaust is 432 cfm. Thar carbon filter cuts that by 20%. I have a six inch exhaust and a four inch vent plus the three inch ice openning so I think I can safely run the fan without burning it up. I wish it were quieter though. Sounds like my pool motor.

@bje...I think there would be some problems running the cooling part of the fridge. #1-The motor would always be on because of the heat $$$. #2-Cold air mixing with warm air will cause a lot of condensation. That could lead to PM and would almost certainly blow up your light bulb.

8. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Eh, just a thought. I didn't think of PM, it would be almost to perfect an environment for diseases, and fungi. Carry on!

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I get condensation in the exhaust in high humidity or winter. The cool tube glass itself and the bulbs stay clear tho with enough air flow.

10. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Veg time is done! Gonna fire up the fridge tonight. Aside from the fan noise, its pretty stealth.

robo1.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/robo1.jpg.2b4399cb37e3a5fb71b9f4ef0440bd25.jpg

Hank Chinaski likes this.
  11. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Cool. Looks great.

:goodjob:

12. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Very nice jr, it's going to get crowded in there!

13. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

MG-It is a bit crowded. I'm only using 5 of the plants and they'll be thinned out quite a bit. I was going to flip the switch last night, but I need to get a couple more little things tonight then maybe I'll be ready. I'm second guessing the fan. That big ass thing is too loud.

14. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

And we're off! Fired her up with five vortex clones that I topped a couple times in veg. Vortex grow really freakin tall and fast. Should be filled out nicely in a couple weeks.

robo2.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/robo2.jpg.3dc1f824b5041c4334bc73f5e83ad35a.jpg

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Sideways picture! Looks good though.

16. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Hahah, I feel the pain on this one. If using a phone just use the shutter button on the screen with phone sideways. Midnight garden helped me figure this out. My problem was using the volume buttons as shutter and it somehow F's it up:icon_confused:

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

It's not sideways on this end.

18. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

It's only crooked for me when I enlarge it. Or open in another page. Otherwise right side up. :thumbs-up:

19. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Somebody (too fucked-up ATM) 'just' said it (not mod or admin, though).

20. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Huh?:eusa_eh: