This is for Chief and KICC

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Useless, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Chief, Just wanted to say thanks for hooking me up with the O'Kief guy. I got a BHO tube from him. Good customer service, shipment was packaged well and arrived in a few days. Here are some shots of my first BHO run. Just did one tube, about 20 grams or so of Catpiss trim. Ran it 2x, one can of Butane each run. F-D up and slightly overpacked the tube as I got a lot of backpressure so I am sure that diminished the final yield. Final yield was 1.6 grams. 1.0 on first run and .6 on second. Came out excellent. Like rock candy. Smokes great, awesome stone. BTW Chief tell O'Kief that "Blazer" brand butane is awesome. Triple refined. When I did the mirror test there was no residue save for the water condensate.
    Since you guys provided the information and inspiration, enjoy the pics as much as I am enjoying the oil. :D
    First pass
    [​IMG]
    Second pass
    [​IMG]
    On the heating pad, first run -
    [​IMG]

2. Chief Smokingbud

Chief Smokingbud Hash Engineer

Damn that looks nice! Actually looks better than some i've done lol. Yeah if you pack it too tight you will get back pressure which is not good. I just load the tube about 3 inches then use a wooden dowel to push the material down. As soon as i feel resistance i stop.Doing it that way i've never had back pressure. Deffinantly don't pack it like a cannon lol.

If you think yeild deminished you can rerun it too.

3. Chief Smokingbud

One more thing. You'll see the filter screen wicked up some oil, after each run i just drop it in a jar of iso to clean it. Then save the iso. Eventually you'll have some oil from that for a rainy day.

4. stan

stan Germinated

Honey Oil

That looks divine there useless. What did you say the Butane was "Blaster" is that widely available or is it new?Its just that I never heard of that one and well the cleaner the better right?I think Im sold on Okief

5. oil baron

oil baron Germinated

nice useless!

6. QuantumTimeSpace

QuantumTimeSpace Germinated

Looks like a sweet first run, nice werk.

WADDAP (t)OB? ;)

7. Useless

Thanks Chief, Stan, Baron, QTS.

Stan, "Blazer" was what my local cigar shop carried. I figured it would be easier to get a good, clean butane from a cigar shop instead of the grocery store. Turned out I was right. Going to get some Colibri and do a side by side mirror test on the next run.

Yea Chief, I didn't pack it tight, but the trim was frozen (mistake) and I think that's the reason it packed so tight after just a few seconds of pressure. Actually had a blow out! ROFL During the second run upon relieving the pressure on the nozzle after the first 10 second blast the backpressure from the way overpacked material blew the rubber stopper out. Nice shot of tane in the eyes. Rinsed my eyes to have my wife laughing her ass off at me because I had trim on my back, in my hair, all over my shirt, on my shoes, well you get the idea. Live and learn. LOL

Will be making some out of some Comatose buds later this week, I'll post up some shots of that run.

8. Chief Smokingbud

Damn, so you were getting in the homemade rocketry lol? The only time i almost had a blowout was when i actually tamped the material in the tube, like a cannon. Started injecting the tane and saw the liquid oozing around the top and then started feeling the pressure on the stopper.I stopped and "unpacked" the tube.......gotta wear those safety goggles lol.

9. Useless

Yea, I just a job offer from JPL/NASA. LOL

Oh yea, It was "Blazer" brand Butane, not Blaster. Too stoned from the oil. :D

10. MMM420SoCal

MMM420SoCal New Sprout

BLAZER...How appropriate ;)

Be careful with those 'tane accidents y'all, we don't need any crispy-fried heads out there heheeh :eek:

Stay :cool:

M

11. high priestess

high priestess Germinated

nice pics and story useless, never had a blow out with the turkey baster one i left behind but interesting non the less....

12. Useless

Thanks there HP and welcome...

13. high priestess

high priestess Germinated

you are very welcome and thanks so much for the welcome as well