to all miracle grow enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by mt.king, May 15, 2011.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

No problem....gots a much thicker skin than that. :passsit:

cheers,

2. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

this is the post I was referring to

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

It wasn't targeted at you so why don't you let it go? :passsit:

4. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Look...for the past few days i been arguing with assholes some where else

if i am a dick head here lately my mood has been foul

This is no ones problem but my own.

Now can we drop the bull shit?

Really cause i wish you all happy safe growing in any manner that works for you and gives you joy.

I wish for safety for all and fat ass nugs any way it makes your boat float to get them.

Guys are we like super anal plant Nerds? fucking a remove the mj

insert tomatoes and if a god damn miracle any of us obsessed mother fuckers

gets laid at all....really we would be as cool as carrot growers

if it were legal everywhere.

Oh my dicks bigger than yous ...my buds are bigger so i can talk shit to you bla bla bla...that shit got OLD long ago.

Is the measure of our worth determined by the size/style/medium/nutes

any free person chooses to use?

And who the FUCK are we to take a DUMP on anyones parade.

Im going to get me some of that ass i think is so fine...

some of you can pour over data and grow logs and thats fine.

Me i take a women over a plant...a friendship over a plant

any fucking day....thats just me

rant over

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

You can be pissy all you want. We all have a bad day or a few from time to time. You can use whatever methods you want to achieve what ever results you get. That's fine by me.

I won't however, sit by and let someone bad mouth our forum then proceed to tell me and others that MG and flash dried buds are the way to go. Do what you do man, but if you come here with attitude, be prepared to get it right back..... At least from me.

Bygones can be bygones, but seriously don't come here and bad mouth our forum. I care about this place and I put in a lot of extra time as a mod and don't appreciate being disrespected.:passsit:

6. ShadowWarrior

hey ras, pull the stick out of your ass, replace it with your bad attitude, and quit acting like a child.

Doesn't matter who it was directed at, you've got a bad attitude and for no good reason, and no amount of BS stoner emoticons is going to change that. I don't like miracle grow either, and I think the stuff is shit, but that's no reason to go and insult ppl acting you're king ganja grower. STFU. all this attitude you get on here and u try to act like a rastafarian.. you're a fake ass wannabe. Now man the fuck up and quit acting like a punk ass bitch.

When I first came to this site, I kinda liked ya, but now I see you're nothing but a poser. U may grow some killer bud, you're still a phony. You're about as rastafarian as I am a Shaolin monk.

:passsit: peace bro, we're all equal in the eyes of the rasta lord, right?:brushteeth:

7. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Oh snap...that's gonna leave a mark.

8. Midnight Garden

High Hopes at Miracle-Gro in Medical Marijuana Field

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304665904576383832249741032.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

By DANA MATTIOLI

Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. has long sold weed killer. Now, it's hoping to help people grow killer weed.

Scott's Miracle-Gro is hoping to cash in on the growing medical marijuana business. WSJ's Dana Mattioli reports. Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

In an unlikely move for the head of a major company, Scotts Chief Executive Jim Hagedorn said he is exploring targeting medical marijuana as well as other niches to help boost sales at his lawn and garden company.

"I want to target the pot market," Mr. Hagedorn said in an interview. "There's no good reason we haven't."

More

Sales at Scotts rose 5% last year to $2.9 billion. But the Marysville, Ohio, company relies on sales at three key retailers—Home Depot Inc., Lowe's Cos. and Wal-Mart Stores Inc.—for nearly two-thirds of its revenue. With consumers still cautious about spending, the retailers aren't building new stores as quickly as they used to, making growth for suppliers like Scotts harder to come by. Against that backdrop, Mr. Hagedorn has pushed his regional sales presidents to look for smaller pockets of growth, such as the marijuana market, that together could produce a noticeable bump in sales.

Sixteen states have legalized medical marijuana, the largest being California and Colorado. The market will reach $1.7 billion in sales this year, according to a report by See Change Strategy LLC, an information data services company.

While the report focuses on revenue from growers and dispensaries, Kris Lotlikar, president of See Change, said the market for companies selling hydroponic equipment and professional services is also thriving.

"We see very good growth for these types of companies as the medical-marijuana business grows," he said.

Altered States

Top US markets for medical marijuana, forecast 2011 sales

California: $1.3 billion

Colorado: $244 million

Michigan: $53 million

Montana: $44 million

Washington: $29 million

Source: See Change Strategy LLC

Marijuana use remains illegal under federal law, but federal raids on medical dispensaries have eased since President Obama took office. And while major public companies haven't openly targeted the market, in recent months medical-marijuana companies have sought money from venture capitalists and signaled future IPOs.

Centennial Seed Co., a Boulder, Colo., medical-cannabis seed seller, is seeking $500,000 through a private offering. General Cannabis Inc., whose stock trades on the Pink Sheets, supports the medical-marijuana market with financial and Internet services.

Journal Community

The 55-year-old Mr. Hagedorn isn't a typical suit-wearing CEO. A former F-16 fighter pilot, he flies his Cessna to and from meetings in Port Washington, N.Y., where he grew up, and the company's headquarters in Ohio, much to the chagrin of his board. He also peppers his language with swear words and military references, and he showed up at the office on a recent June day in jeans and sneakers.

Mr. Hagedorn took over Miracle-Gro from his father, who co-founded the company. The idea to merge with Scotts dawned on him after he looked at the company's market value in 1995, he said, so he called his father's tax lawyer to vet the idea. "I said, 'Bob, I got this f— crazy idea. Do you think it'd be f— possible to take over Scotts?'" he recalls, sitting in the Port Washington office that his father once occupied.

More on Miracle-Gro

Where the Grass Is Made Greener (8/19/2009)

Scotts Miracle-Gro CEO Jim Hagedorn discusses how the company is trying to balance eco-friendly and natural products against its traditional lawn care line. Wendy Bounds reports.

Wendy Bounds visits the Scotts Miracle-Gro labs for a look at the newest methods in pest-control.

Mr. Hagedorn is serious about sales growth, no matter how small. On a recent trip to a Farmingdale, N.Y., Home Depot, he saw a customer having a difficult time choosing soil. "C'mon, go help him out," he told Mike Carbonara, Scotts' president for the Northeast. A few minutes later, the customer was walking away with a bag of Miracle-Gro. Over the next half hour, Mr. Carbonara influenced three more sales.

Targeting marijuana isn't the only way Mr. Hagedorn is pursuing growth outside the national chains. Scotts is also looking to sell more through grocery stores.

And the company is recultivating its ties to independent lawn-and-garden-store owners, including offering them exclusive products. Mr. Hagedorn strained those ties with a 2009 speech in which he criticized the owners for not doing enough to promote Scotts products, prompting many owners to walk out.

"I don't give speeches to independents anymore," he said.

To target marijuana growers, Scotts would likely buy niche dirt companies that already exist rather than create its own line of branded products.

JIM HAGEDORN

Raids on pot-growing operations have turned up Scotts products. Mr. Hagedorn takes that as a good sign of brand awareness, but he fears that some growers would be reluctant to use a mainstream product.

Rollitup.org, a website geared toward the marijuana-growing community, has several forums that debate Miracle-Gro's effectiveness. A user with the moniker Weedqueen12 wrote: "i think [Miracle-Gro] works well." Another user, dannyboy602, countered that Miracle-Gro causes pot plants to "burn and stress."

In the past, Scotts wouldn't have considered pursuing businesses or product lines that generated less than $10 million a year in revenue. But, Mr. Hagedorn said, "We can't operate our business like that anymore."

9. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I don't see where Ras has been rude at all. I do however see Shadow trying to tell off Ras the best he can without getting in trouble.

We all grow how we grow. We can disagree with each other on how we grow, but lets not start this petty shit for nothing.

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Shadow- You are out of line my non friend. It's no secret that I don't like you and you don't like me. You have ge=otten involved in something taht doesn't concern you so kindly FUCK OFF! :321fu: You don't even know why I got on Toker to begin with so You can STFU!

I never flamed you or even got really rude with you over this. i said let it go. You chose to show what a piece of trash you are. Get lost dude. You add nothing to this site.

You are warned publicly this time. Next time you have an issue with something I said that you have nothing to do with, either take it up with another member of admin or PM me directly. GOT IT! You are very close to flaming me in that post... In fact You are flaming me. I didn't attack you so that means you are being nasty to me because you simply don't like me and wanted an excuse to bash me.

I could care less what you think of my faith... And to bring it up shows me that you know nothing about me or Rastafarianism, and that you must be intimidated by my faith. Jah and I have our relationship and it has nothing to do with you, so once again.... FUCK OFF!

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Interesting and relevant info. thanks MidnighGarden. Although it doesn't surprise me for a huge company like Scotts MG to want to break into the MJ market. They will have to really revamp their line of products and change the perception most MJ growers have about the quality and purity of their products. I can guarantee this, if they do come up with a MJ specific line, it won't be as inexpensive as the rest of their products.

12. ResinRubber

Rollitup.org? WTF?????? That's a pretty obscure site to be using for quotes...think maybe the author is a closet grower?

13. Midnight Garden

They will probably just buy up some nutrient company and repackage it with their own name.

14. ResinRubber

Arcadia, California. New headquarters of MG/Scotts MJ product line. I could envision FoxFarms being at the top of the list.

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Right. Still though that leaves them the task of changing the perception that most MJ growers have about their products. It will cost them some money in advertising, but as we all know, advertising works well for these big companies. They have the $$ to dump into a huge advertising and promotion campaign and then they are in and making billions. Guess we'll see.

16. ShadowWarrior

Ras, what you said out of line was "get offended if you like, I really don't give a fuck", and as I recall, it wasn't directed at Toker, it was directed at headcase because of his comment, which you quoted before your rude comment.

Maybe there was a mix-up, but I'm calling someone out on having a bad attitude. Rather it was directed at me or not isn't the point.

My fat comments weren't directed at anybody in particular, but Ras, you got pretty riled up about that didn't ya? ;) Of course that's not the issue here, just an example, the point is, dont act like an ass and expect nobody to call you on it. And for a Rasta man, it's sure isn't hard to get you worked up and spewing all sorts of vulgarities and negativity. That one actually isn't an effort on my part to pick at you, just an observation.

MrAstro likes this.
  17. ShadowWarrior

and BTW, I know I've seen you mention on here that always take opportunities to teach others.. and you're right, I don't know you, and I know little about your faith and Rastafarianism in general, so I'd like to respectfully as I can, ask you to teach me a few things?

18. mrsganjah

mrsganjah Ganja Babe

BUMBO CLOT!!!! YA HAVE NO RIGHT TO TO CALL MY RAS A POSER. NO RIGHT TO ATTACK HIS PERSONAL FAITH. WHO ARE YOU TO SAY WHATS RASTA OR NOT. THERE ARE MANY KINDS OF FAITH HOLDER. SOME ARE MUCH MORE OUTSPOKEN THEN OTHERS.

RAS HAS GIVEN THIS SITE MANY USEFUL INFORMATION. JAH WILL JUDGE IN THE END. ONE'S FAITH SHOULD NOT BE DISS FOR ONE'S OPINION ESPECIALLY WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN MENTION AT ALL.

PUSSY CLOT!!!!!!!

19. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Shadow

I am curious as to the comments about fat that you mention. As a fat fucker myself I would like to read them. Can you please direct me to the thread where I may enlighten myself with your views?

We fat people like to keep up on what the rest of you think

20. ShadowWarrior

it was a few months ago, and no if you want to read it, click my profile and go through my posts. Basically has to do with my feelings toward ppl who choose to be unhealthy... read those words carefully.

to the she-rasta, see my last post where I've requested to be educated on the topic. I respect your willingness to defend your man's honor, but I beleive he is capable of handling this on his own without help from anyone else.. especially since he's so adamant on beleiving that I've developed an unreasonable hatred for him out of nowhere, which isn't true. This doesn't need to turn into a family internet fued. I just want to know how rastafarianism and hostility fit in together, and I've respectfully requested to be informed after admitting that PERHAPS I made a mistake in my reading... and as politely as I could, I explained my POV on WHY I though his post was out of line. And maybe it wasn't as apparent as I, personally, though it was, but I was trying to apologize for my post bashing the man for the reason stated above-- PERHAPS I MISUNDERSTOOD SOMETHING-- but unless someone's going to clarify this for me, then get off my back and let the man educate me on the Rasta ways. And no, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but anyone who thinks I am and won't accept any other way, can also go right to hell.

As far as I'm concerned, tis Rastafarian education can happen thru PM, in this very thread, or in a new thread, but either way, I'd like to be enlightened on how I was wrong about Ras's post that orginally addressed was NOT out of line, and about the Rastafarian way... beyond that, this tthread should go back to discussing Miracle Grow, and in a civil manner.