Training Day

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by rasganjah, May 1, 2013.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I've been looking at a couple of new strains. So I've been doing a lot of seed browsing and I saw a new strain released by DNA called Training Day. It's supposed to be Train Wreck X LA Confidential

[​IMG]

Anyone grown any DNA gear?

I was also eyeballing Humboldt Seed Organisation.

They have Train Wreck Femmed

[​IMG]

and The Tude is having a promotion where if I buy any 10 pack from Humboldt Seed Organisation I get 4 free Femmed Train Wreck Seeds.

[​IMG]

I was looking at their Pineapple Skunk

[​IMG]

& their Sour Blueberry

[​IMG]

Anyone grown any Humboldt Seed Organisation Gear?

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

So I take it nobody here at GK has any experience with DNA Genetics? Or Humboldt Seed Organisation?

No opinions on these strains either? Hmmm.

3. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I have a Pineapple Skunk seed from them, that I need to pop. That HSO promo was used last month, too. I'm just not sure how legit of TW it would be.

I grew a ReCon clone from DNA, and it was awesome. Even with me not knowing what I was doing, it still turned out to be some dank smoke. The LA Con freebie I got was a dud.

I also bought 5 Femmed Blue Dream seeds from HSO, that I will be popping. The pheno that I smoked was pretty phenominal.

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Cool. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. I dunno how legit the Train Wreck is either but the pic looks like the right kind of structure. If they got a good Cut and selfed it to create their femmed seeds then the chances are most of the offspring should closely resemble the mother cut. Blue Dream is good smoke but I'm looking for something else at the moment.

5. Discorilla

Understandable about the Blue Dream. I'm not sure I'll even end up with the pheno that I want, but if I do... the Sativa high lasts about 3 hours, which is great for my stomach!

I got 2 of the TW seeds as a freebie. I'll have to try those ones out, too.

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

mrsganjah wants me to get the Training Day. She likes LA Con and Train Wreck and like me she digs the name. It'll mess you up like when Denzel gave Sherm to Ethan Hawke in the movie!

7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

You ordering from Attitude? Let me know how that goes, seen some bad reviews lately and didn't want to risk my cash...not saying I heard of anyone getting ripped off, just that they aren't the company they were a few years ago.

but who knows rumors are rumors, keep me posted on how your order goes though

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I've only ever used the tude. Never had a problem. I ordered in May of last year was the most recent though, but I expect to not have any problems.

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I think Apprentice posted a link a while back that dropped them in the rankings. Heard from someone I know that it almost 3 months (could of been exaggerated) to get order.

I still on the hunt for Super Silver Haze, and I want theirs, but was waitin for someone else to give the all clear before I used my money :)

10. Discorilla

I ordered from them in February, and had no problems.

Who is the breeder for your SSH? GHS was sold out, unless you bought mix packs last time I checked.

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'm sure there are snags here and there. Personally I've never had a problem with them though. My orders both arrived within about 2 weeks or so and without any issues. I always select Stealth option and they guarantee delivery or they will reship your entire order.

Ordering seeds is a risk though. It's still federally illegal even though I am in a med state it's gotta come through federal customs. You never can tell if an order will randomly get seized. In that event it could take a bit longer to actually get your order due to reship and corresponding with the Tude to get the reship but as long as I get my order one way or another it's all good.

12. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

I've been sitting on some SSH beans for a couple years now, from Mr Nice. Right now I'm looking for some chicks, and I'm gonna clone them when I find them. Unfortunately I lost most of my seeds due to stupid inattention, and I only have 3 of 'em left now...Almost due to show me either balls of vaginas...

Keep fingers crossed I get at least one missus!

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

13. Discorilla

Good luck, GTWT!

Ras, I wanna see this strain grow! LA Confidential is a really good strain, IMO. Same with TW.

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

You're growing out the SSH beans that you've been keeping? I hope you do find a female and I hope it doesn't herm out on you. So far both strains I ordered and have grown from Mr. Nice have hermed out on me. The Med Man was really bad with hermies and the Shark Shock was a little less but still every plant had some herms. I'm growing out my last pack of Mr. Nice

Seeds, Master Kaze. I hope they aren't all herms too.

15. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Ras, I've grown out some DNA Chocolope, Connie Chung and LA Confidental. The Chocolope wasn't what I've seen from others. Could have just been me or the pheno I got but I wouldn't do her again. The Connie Chung (G13 Haze x LA Con) wasn't bad. Decent smoke and decent plant. LA Con I had 2 phenos of and both were great plants. I wish I didn't lose them due to a power outage. I would do another LA Con at anytime.

I got some HSO gear awhile ago and only tried to pop a couple of beans and they were duds. Very disappointed. I didn't even try the others yet. Bigbud214 got some around the same time and he has a thread with them. Let's see if this works: http://forum.growkind.com/showthread.php?t=45762&highlight=seeds. Looks like it did.

I would deff. try the Training Day. :thumbs-up:

Now to GTWT, here's to hoping you get vaginas!!!!!! :roffl::bduh:

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Thanks Lvs, much appreciated. I think I will try this training day if I can get some money together to order some seeds.

17. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

No problem. :thumbs-up:

18. Serenity420

Serenity420 Begun Flowering

Hey ras ,

Just wanted to chime in I realize this is a old thread , I was hoping to see if you ever grew out the training day.

Also quick note on the tude , I never had an issue until my last order. I ordered the wrong seeds by accident and I didn't realize until I paid. But as soon as it was placed I called up and explained the situation, they refused to help in anyway and more or less said ur screwed. So I swallowed 180 bucks .

But I did how ever end up growing them out and it now stays in rotation was awesome so it turned out to be a good mistake lol but still they should of helped me out considered I been ordering there for a long time with multiple orders, was DNA limited super lemon OG. I got 2 pheno going . Pretty identical growth wize except one smells like fresh lemons and other mor the OG side.

I just introduced training day and so far it's very indica dominant with the pheno I'm running so im assuming it's pressed more towards they la conf. Side.

She's in week 4 veg now , Dwc, her growth rate is prolly a little slower then average but she has robust thick stem and overall very strong looking plant.

Curious on how u made out? If you ended up getting it.

19. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Yeah I ended up getting it. Grew out a 6 pack and got 3 LA Con Phenos and 3 Trainwreck Phenos. All 3 Trainwreck Phenos hermed all over the place. The 3 LA Con phenos were decent with 1 being worthy of keeping at least for now. Very odd plant. Sativa leaves on a med stature plant with good branching. Small very compact, dense buds. Moderate stretch between nodes upon initiating flower. Tons of trichome production starting early on. Finishes in 8 weeks average yields. Potent indica high. Good terpene profile cures up to a musky, earthy, kushy flavor.

i wouldn't buy it again. I'll never buy another pack of fems in my life. Fuckin herms from those plants screwed up a whole harvest of Tahoe OG and in the end I only kept 1 pheno because it was decent enough to keep after all the money and time invested in the strain.

Good luck with yours.

As far as seeds go I'm trying to order all my beans from stateside breeders these days. Just got some stuff from Sunshine State Seeds the other day.

Cannabea Cookies, Cannabea Kush, and Swamp Skunk.

Gonna be doing some breeding work for them in the future. Helping to produce seeds and testing new strains.

Tried some Cali Dope genetics formerly known as Mattman Seeds and I was not impressed. Good looking buds with a lot of trichome coverage that smell good and taste like nothing. Only an average high. No keepers from a 12 pack of beans. I have 2 more strains from them but put them on the back burner while I run these Sunshine State Seeds gear. I also have a pack of Cali Connection Chem 91 to run.

I'm currently working on my own cross as well. Cali Con Tahoe OG x Fusion TBA (Tahoe x Bubba/Afghani)

20. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Sup ras? I've missed seeing that dreadlocked roaring lion, glad to hear your still in the game.