Trichoderma - beneficial fungus

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Green Goblin, Nov 24, 2017.

?

Trichoderma - how to use

1. Add to tea

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Add to soil mix

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Add to roots directly

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Add to coffee grounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Apply directly to nasal passages 3 times a day and call me in a week

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

so I've been researching for my aquaponic ecosystem, and came across trichoderma. As I understand it, this fungus grows only on plant roots, prevents other fungi from taking hold and feeds off the plants byproducts.

What I don't understand is who to believe. The people who say this can be added to tea, or the people who say this must be applied directly to the roots, and that in solution the fungi don't find their way to the root surface?

Any thoughts on this or factual info? :pimp:

The manufacturer says it. Must be appli-ed directly to the roots...but of course they would, sell more

I just put a pinch directly on the root ball since I got the stuff. Seems to be if a pinch contains some several billion organisms, they should have no problem propagating on their own

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Not sure what that is but why wouldnt you just mix it with your media unless you are doing nft.

Did aqua this year, biggest yhung i would change is filtering. I reused ild hydri tables so i had to stick to ebb n flow which restricted filter options due to lack of pressure because i had to force water up vs let it gravity work.

That being said, a swirl filter and top fill on bed would have prob been easier to remove solids

3. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Im pretty sure that is the bacteria i spray on my flowers to kill pests, if im right then it grows on more then just roots.
    I dont have the package here so i cant confirm for sure.

4. Green Goblin

Nahjah...fungus

It might be in something you use

5. GrowKing

GrowKing Member

There is Fungus Among US

6. Dumme

Dumme Member

As long as it's in an environment that is suitable for growth, it will spread. This includes teas, soil, roots, ect..

7. Green Goblin

Actually, I've been doing some experiments, and although the plants in the too humid environment did succumb to stem mold and rot, there is zero root rot in any of my plants which is rather surprising due to the less than sanitary conditions of my source of soil, worm farm and farm farm...as far as the trichoderma in particular, further research led to finding that the spores are dormant until the are near food, which is only available in close proximity to roots. Any part of the root system can be treated and the fungus spreads rather quickly as long as you don't over/underwater severely on a regular basis.

Gets two thumbs up from me, though what I've read could be entirely sales bullshi* :pimp:

Dumme likes this.
  8. Dumme

Dumme Member

9. Green Goblin

Great link! Sooo...what I got from this...trichoderma is one useful fungus, good,to know it will propagate in my compost. I won't ever have to buy more :roll:

But if you're growing any kind of edible mushrooms, this shit could ruin your mojo :roll:

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Late to the thread....mycc and trichoderma used in conjunction for soil are fucking awesome. I mix it in my soil. Decreases stem rot or damping off. Increases phos uptake. Reduces susceptibility to soil pathogens. Trich gets used in some garden sprays as a preventative against damaging fungi and an aid to disease resistance via it's antibiotic properties.

Truly good shit. Get some trich today! That NCBI link Dumme put up is a great read on Trichoderma.