troubles.....ugh!

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Serenity420, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Serenity420

Serenity420 Begun Flowering

Hey fellow gkers ,

Looking for a little input on a grow.....

I am doing a 6 site Dwc with a rotating current...using useless formula with gh 3 part. Temps flux 67-74 degrees. Humidity 40% - 60% range. 2 1000, 1 400 watt HPS. Im just started week 1 flower cycle and phed always between 5.5 - 5.7. Water temps 64-70 degrees

My issue is that I am getting bleach spots and curling with some claw effect and some of the new growth is yellowed and burnt looking ( only on one ) but even the others have yellow tips.... overall dont seem perky and vibrant like usual. Soooooo....

I try and self diagnose and first thought hey. This looks like it could be over fertilization so let me back off on nutes for a week... I mix for 20 gallons ... I used 20 gl of water but mixed for 15. Didnt seem to help at all after a week..so then I thought possible chlorine from tap water so I have making sure my nute baths are distilled for 24 hrs prior to mixing to allow the chlorine to disapate.... didnt help....

Any thoughts or ideas

2. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

First off seems like a nute burn.... Are they seedling, clones, flowring?

Second, dont use your tap water!!! use bought water, at one of those water machines 5 galon jug. Or install a R/O water system under you sink, and that will benefit you.

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

With the GH 3part, its lacking cal/mag in the first week or 2 of flowering, USELESS reccomends an additive during week 1 and maybe 2, strain depending

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I use tap water, I grow 16inch long 3oz colas with it right outa the hose

5. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Pictures would help.

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

always used tap here also never with a problem...try to let bubble for a while

i add cal/mag starting in veg and go to week 4

like MG said, pix would help

you sure you're not running too high ppms?

7. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I would definately look toward over nuted. I also just use tap water (tho it is from a well) but My plants don't mind at all. Have you used your tap water before? Any issues then?

8. Serenity420

Yeah I have used tap water prior with no issues in the same location... I eill try and sneak in the tonight and take some pics when the light go off... appreciate the responces..

I was leaning to nute burn from over fert.... but I have always used the same formula with no probs...I now the first week or two of flower u can have a Ca/ mag but I dont think this is the case since there litteraly 3 days into flower and the problem has been during veg cycle last rwo to three weeks

Im gonna try and post some pics for you to look at tonight... thnx guys

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Yeah, I keep mine at 5.8, but yeah I would lean more toward 6 than lower than 5.7

10. Serenity420

Ok cool ill try making sure it stays around 5.7-5.8.... I didnt get to take photos last night I came home to a crazyness so I never got to it.... I did peek on the this morning and they actuslly seem to be perking up. And doing better . I think since I switch them to flowere and backed off on the nitro that they are gonna do better. I feel like I was hammering them with too much nitro. Even though I stuck to useless form maybe I was off with my calculation. On how many galls per ml etc.... ill see tonight how they look

! Hopefully with the 3 week stretch in sight they have plenty of time to make a nice recovery!

11. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I've used the useless formula a couple of times and I've found that depending on your strain you do have to dial it down or you will get them over nuted. On the killing fields and cheese quake I am doing now I am measuring the nutes as if I am using 4 gallons of water, but I am actually using 5 gallons of water(ppm is 644 and per the useless formula it should be at 1000-1400 at week 3 flower). Even doing this the killing fields is staring to get tip burn, but, the cheese quake is taking it fine. I had the same thing going on when I grew the ko kush and herijuana.

12. Serenity420

Yeah thats exactly what I think was going on ... now that im on a flower schedule and I backed off on the nitro there looking much much better .... thnx for the. Trouble shooting guys much apprecaited !

13. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

I always run the useless formula 20% light and most strains do fine. I have had strains that it would burn the hell outta them on full strength. I ran the unfamous huge sage strain which I named the burning bush because it would not take much of the useless formula at all and was dialed way down before It dialed in.

t6