Urine as a fert

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by abis, May 27, 2004.

1. abis

abis Veggy Stage

How effective is urine as a fert for my plants? How would I administer it?

2. Hicountry2

Hicountry2 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Urea is high in nitrogen, but takes some time to break down into a useable form for plants.

3. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

It depends on what stage your plants are at, and whether you are growing in soil or hydro. Urine is a great Nitrogen supplement. Dilute it with water, varying amounts depending on the age/stage of the plant. If you already have plenty of Nitrogen in your fertilizers, there is little need for it during veg. Too much will burn the plant. If your flowering fertilizers lack Nitrogen then mix a small amount with water and feed along with the other nutrients. How much you add depends on soil, additional nutrients, pot size, etc. The key is to start with small amounts, and then raise amounts gradually. Follow what the leaves tell you.

4. smotpoker

smotpoker Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

also remember that urine has alot of salt in it, and if your pouring it on a plant in a smaller container they could get burned very easily. i did an experiment on urine as a fertilizer, and found that plants burn easily, and its really important to dilute it alot, like 1 part urine to 10 parts water.

peace

5. abis

abis Veggy Stage

yo thanks a lot guys. I just went to home depot and got some miracle gro 12-6-8 and some bloom booster 10-52-10 so im set for ferts. For the miracle gro ferts I should probably use about 1/2 of what they say on the instructions for a plant at about 4 weeks veg?

6. Clarence Weedman

Clarence Weedman Latae Sententiae Excommunication

good thread. i have used urine & i must say itz very effective! within da 1st few dayz of administerin da urine, my plant bcame very luscious & started growing faster, looked very green. as sum1 suggested 2 me i will suggest da same thing 2 u.

no more than a 1:1 mix urine 2 water. let it sit 4 a few hrs b4 givin it 2 da plant. but beware, u go and start addin dat stuff 2 yo grow itz gonna smell pretty bad.

i used it myself chk it out

http://forum.growkind.com/forum....start=0

and did u say MG? it will burn your plants easily, even da smallest amounts, but i've heard of success stories though. i wouldn't give dat 2 ya plants i'd stick wit da urine IMO. [​IMG]

7. abis

abis Veggy Stage

So MG will be okay if I administer in very miniscule amounts and correctly right? Cool I'll just feed maybe every 2 weeks and with 1/4 dosage or even 1/8 dosage

8. Clarence Weedman

do 1/12 dose

one twelveth.

9. Phishy1

Phishy1 New Sprout

This section is called "Organic Cultivation" miracle grow is not organic i'm sorry to say. if you plan on going all organic, ditch the MG.

10. abis

abis Veggy Stage

yeah sorry, I'm switching back to manure

11. Clarence Weedman

itz no good 2 switch back & forth bween nute. find wut u like and stick wit it.

12. phtstratz

phtstratz New Sprout

I hear alot of people pee on their outdoor plants...