US CANNABIS CUP SEATTLE 2013! (UNOFFICIAL Thread)

Discussion in 'Member Contributions and Social Media Forum' started by Discorilla, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Haha! I've been annoying my wife about it the past couple weeks. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it!

Danny is going to be doing his "Free Weed" Podcast both days, and the panels look amazing!

First day has:

DJ Short

Kyle Kushman

K. from Trichome Technologies

Swerve from The Cali Connection

Dru West

Second Day:

Milo from Big Buddha

Bret from Apothecary Seeds

Aaron from DNA Genetics

Scott from Rare Dankness

Jeremy Miller from the World Famous

Cannabis Farmers Market

I am definitely going to be picking up some fine genetics here!

2. Discorilla

I've got internet at my hotel set up, so now it's just a half hour drive to the festivities over the next couple days! Stay tuned!

3. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

That's a pretty heavy hitting lineup for the podcast. I need to find it and watch.

4. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Do us proud man and above all have a blast!

5. Discorilla

Small update before I get these photos uploaded later.

Holy shit! Even though I was not able to get over to the Concert tonight because of parking, this event has been a blast.

I had a chance to drop by The Cali Connection Tent and pick up 10 Blackwater seeds.

I also purchased some Ghost Train Haze #1 seeds, which Danny says ranks the highest in potency out of tests that High Times have done. The guy at the booth says it's the strongest Sativa in the world, so maybe this will be some good genetics to work with. He also gave me 20 Alfred Packer seeds to work with. Hell yeah!

Like I said, lots of pics coming in a few minutes, but I needed to take a little breather.

6. Discorilla

US Cannabis Cup!! The Drive up and First Day!

Here's the link to the picture album for the 2nd Annual US Cannabis Cup:

http://forum.growkind.com/album.php?albumid=669

I will be editing this post in the AM and adding pics to this thread and captioning them. Hope you guys can bare with me until then. I am currently running on about 6 hours total sleep in 2 and a half days. I need to get some shut eye.

7. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I'll be watching for more updates. Get some sleep man. :popcorn-2:

8. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Are you interviewing anyone from hightimes disco?

9. Discorilla

I've got an interview with Danny later today, and I'll be working a lot harder. Yesterday, there were so many people there, that it was hard to get a moment of talking in with anyone. The longest convo I had was with a guy named Richard who was representing The Mean Green Trimming Machine. If anything, a lot of California people were interviewing us on what we thought about the laws, and how they could score some weight because they couldn't travel with much green.

I've gone to two of the seminars so far. One of them was Danny's podcast, and the other one was about social media. ie:Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

10. Discorilla

The sky and scenery on the drive there, were beautiful. The traffic was horrendous on the way there, though. Remind me never to drive through the Seattle area during Rush Hour. Oh my God! It's so frustrating to see yourself in a 60 MPH zone and it be stop and go traffic. I don't know how you big city folk would like to put up with this everyday.

Sky Blue Sky:

[​IMG]

Through a mountain pass:

[​IMG]

Even the mountains were smoking:

[​IMG]

My wife managed to catch this at Interstate speeds. We were going a bit fast, too:

[​IMG]

Seattle Sky Line:

[​IMG]

Dolphins Rape People as my wife pointed out:

[​IMG]

The long line of VIPers:

[​IMG]

Some Local Glass:

[​IMG]

Almost every booth had free samples of flowers or dabs:

[​IMG]

This place was crowded the moment it opened, because everyone wanted to smoke once inside. Haha.

[​IMG]

Down to Blaze in Seattle (Back of T-shirt from Gift Bag):

[​IMG]

The front of the T-shirt:

[​IMG]

The Social Media Panel (will post names once I can find my notes):

[​IMG]

After purchasing the Blackwater seeds, a gentleman approached me and gave me a chunk of his concentrate that he made. This is pure Blackwater Essence, and he entered it into the cup this year:

[​IMG]

Each of these packs contains five 1 gram joints:

[​IMG]

Free Weed by Danny Danko. This is the only picture my camera stored. Unfortunately, I didn't find this out until getting back to my hotel. The big thing I took from this, was that growers need to learn to kill strains. I'll post a few other tips further into this thread:

[​IMG]

A Picnic in the Park with my wife:

[​IMG]

This guy can grow some amazing pot! He let me try his platinum line, and Damn! This is one of his other strains he had sitting out:

[​IMG]

The sponsor poster:

[​IMG]

The Green Machine Trimming Machine. This machine can trim up to 4 pounds per hour, from what the representatives said:

[​IMG]

The Cloud Vape Pen. Buy one, Load one, Enjoy one. Got this for $40:

[​IMG]

One of the banners:

[​IMG]

There are going to be much more pictures to come, and some videos will be posted, too. I'll get my interviews done later today at the event. They got me soooooooooo high guys... Free dabs for miles!

11. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Thanks for the pics and narrative. Damn, wish I could of been there.

That bud picture is out of this world. Just a local grower or someone with

seed stock available through the ATTitude or other seed bank ?

BBT

Looking forward to the rest of the pics and vids

12. Discorilla

BBT, I took that picture on the first day of the Cup, and was super excited for them when I found out that they placed in the cup with those exact buds. I may be able to get my hands on that plant, if I manage to get in contact with that guy again.

Once I get my girls fed, and garden pics taken, I'll work on uploading the pics from Day 2. Stay tuned for a new thread filled with all the stories and pics from my adventure!

13. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

you better not be prego Disco, you had strict instructions

good set of pictures, glad to hear your enjoyed yourself

14. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Good stuff man. And yeah,glad it was a blast.Likey the bit of concentrate...fit nicely in my dabbler:eusa_drool: You get some video?

15. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Thats some good coverage of the cup you got man. Liked the touch at the end of the credits for Astro too man.Nice lil touch:bongin:

16. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Nice

Very cool Disco thanks for the vid and posts. Nice music, nice interview especially when DD eyebrows dancing around after repeating RESIN RUBBER :roffl:

+1

17. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Great job Disco. :thumbs-up:

18. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

:redbong:Im jealous, looks like you had the best weekend ever!