Venture into BHO, or not? Playing with washing machine hash

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by CCrete, Jan 19, 2015.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

OH NO BHO!

On a totally different (but original) note, I get green when I use fresh frozen, in BHO anyway. I've only done it once with fresh frozen where it came out gold and I don't have a clue what I did that time, other than maybe freeze the stuff for a week or more before running. And I spent $30 and got a 2" SS tube 26" long and threaded at both ends with SS caps as my new tube. I can get 150g of DRY trim in that tube lightly packed and in the first two runs got 17 and 16 grams respectively. A little more than a 10% return is OK with me for now. 5 cans each tube at $3 per.

I dunno. The bubble bags look tempting, but it's also easy to mess up seems like.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

rename this thing Res...

Venture into HASH?

anyhow...my little washing machine is badass man, might wanna look into one, grab the 20gallon setup, thing is beyond well worth the $$

at first I went and got a regular size washing machine, it was a pain in the ass, plus it was 450bux..then got this lil guy and its perfect, ill throw up some pics of my new setup tomorrow, guna build a legit waterfall type setup for the bags and hardmount the machine for good in a jig

3. friendlyfarmer

I'd like to see that.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Naw CC...I love the twin tub Hoover, it did everything I wanted and more. My problem was not being ready for the volume of water it uses.

Title changed. Thanks CC, since it is your thread and all. Who's all in this thread doing machines? Methinks if we spend a little time this one could develop into a stickie or FAQ insert.

:redbong:

So here's my question to you guys more familiar with ice water hash. Is the 25 micron bag worth it or is a 45 or 38 micron bag sufficient for final wash? Only looking to capture two grades, one for cooking, one for smoking. Gotta order bigger bags this weekend and the advice will make a difference in where my $$ go.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  5. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

25 will catch broken trichome heads. You won't yield a ton off of it, but there is still some to be had there.

The main concern is just making sure that you have the bags that will strain out plant matter down to 160 micron.

6. CCrete

took some time today and made this lil jig setup to make it easier to handle the buckets and all, just slid em in and out now, plus the hacked up trash can holds like 30 gallons still

[​IMG]

ResinRubber likes this.
  7. CCrete

So what bags are all yinz using to make runs? I feel like I'm missing something here

Btw...I hate the 25micron!! Takes forever!

8. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I use the full 8 bag set and only keep what's below 160 micron. It may seem a bit excessive, but I got wonderful results!

If you shake the 25 micron bag out of the water, it goes a bit quicker.

9. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Cutting the bottom out of the buckets and using a bag on each is the ticket. So much easier to work with.:thumbsup:

That's a nice setup!!

Be Cool, CG

10. CCrete

When u got the 25 bag filled to the top almost, it's impossible to Shake it shake it,lol....I sit there and tap my fist against the side till it gets halfway then shake it but good lord it takes forever still

And yea I chopped off the bottoms of all buckets too, helps a little

I run the 220 on top...then 73 and 25 bags, I feel like I might be missing something but it's looks and smokes great

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Any Pictures of the fine product?:smokin:

12. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Black gold

CC, heres some BHO I made. It's really dark brown but will knock you on your ass.

Made from Sannies Mad shack. Frozen wett first then thawed and dried later, then jarred for 8 months.

[​IMG]

13. ResinRubber

Thnx for the direction Disco. Going to use the 160 micron to filter after the 220 workbag then. Only looking to capture cooking grade and toking grade so think 75 micron and 28 micron capture bags should do ok.

CC- That waterfall jig looks cool...but a shit ton of work brotha. Here's a simple waterfall that stows away easy and keeps all your bags, buckets and shit in one place.

Since the 160 and 75 bags drain almost as fast as they can fill use them in the 5 gallon buckets. Since the 28 is the slow backup I ordered a 20 gallon 28 micron total mesh bag to go in the 20 gallon tub at the bottom. Add a 3/4" bulkhead fitting and a drain/sight tube to the 20 gallon tub and you're set. Total height is 45 inches with two buckets. Total cost.....$35 and about 20 minutes (not including bags)

Been thinking about attaching a small electric motor and counterweight to the 20 gallon tub to facilitate drainage through the 28 micron bag by gently wobbling it after removing the 5 gallon buckets. You guys think that would force too many trichs through the final screen?

The full mesh 28 micron I ordered. https://www.wackywillysweb.com/proddetail.php?prod=MBL1

Assembled and ready for duty.

[​IMG]

Sight tube/drain.

[​IMG]

Packed for storage, buckets, bags and all.

[​IMG]

Better views of the wash tub and spinner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice oil boss. Still loves me oil, just don't pay enough to make it for other folks around here.

:redbong:

14. ResinRubber

The long freeze can help force out moisture, which is your enemy in BHO.

Personally I prefer oil, but I'm the only guy I know locally who does. This oldhead crowd is into stuff that resembles the hash of the 70's, 80's and 90's. Honestly, even after trying oil, most of them just don't want to get that stoned that quickly.

15. CCrete

all my stuff is not where I live anymore, ill take a pic of the OZ I was able to pull, took 2-20min cycles to get 29grams, not sure if that's good or bad?!

Res- im a half a carpenter man, that jig took me like 45 mins to make, I made it that way cuz its permenant and also you have to have the washer up high for it to drain properly, its nice tho....I have a main drain pipe in my floor and all I do is throw my 1/3 horse sump pump in the trash can and its sucks it dry in under a minute

16. CREATIVE GARDENER

Have you tried putting the bags on outside of the buckets? I find it keeps the bottom opened up to drain and retrieve the hash.

Be Cool, CG

17. CCrete

:eusa_eh:?

18. ResinRubber

That's a capital idea CG! :not-worthy: Do you think it shortens the lifespan of the bags?

19. CREATIVE GARDENER

I think as long as the bottom edge of the bucket isn't too rough or jagged. I take something, file of sandpaper, and knock the very edge down. Never had a problem. But my 5 gal bags are Payloads so they're pretty tough.

Be Cool, CG

20. friendlyfarmer

Oil is catching on here. The utility of it is attractive. Folks can easily stow enough wax in cosmetics container to sneak on a cruise and then stay fooked all week. It's Nano-pot. The pens are getting popular here. One of my buyers who has seemed unmoved by dabs just tells me today he bought a pen and a few grams of wax.

I just ran out of it and for a day have been toking actual weed! Not sure I like it....

Hash? The last time I bought hash was 1986 and god knows where it was from or how it was made. :jj: Replicating that would require rubbing 1,000 mature female cannabis plants between my toes while spitting on it for a week, which is how they do it in Middle Hell East.

For now I prefer the gold crumble over everything. Most pure. It tastes great and allows you to stay in fantasy land indefinitely with little effort. My world is universal so I'm up to 6-10 dabs a day, ALLLLLL GOOOOOOOD.:5obsessed:

But NO SMOKA DA PRODUCT MAYAN! :roffl::roffl::roffl:

If I could reliably make full melt bubble hash without selling my soul to the devil I would, just because water is cheaper than butane and I cold still dab out. But who's getting FULL MELT??