what about the herb...?

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by smokin_75, Sep 10, 2009.

1. smokin_75

smokin_75 loving it up in smoke...

I wanted to know if the scraps or trim and what not, need to be cured before making hash and/or hash oil. When reading about curing buds, everything points to certain chemical processes taking place over time that increase potency (besides drying fully for smoking).
    Does anyone KNOW FOR SURE that the material only needs to be "dry, but not too crumbly"? OR, if you used "cured" trim, would you have more potent hash/hash oil?:icon_scratch:
    I've smoked hash, but that is as far as my knowledge of it goes.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I just throw my trim in a paper grocery sack until needed. If you have room in your freezer it can help dry the leaves while keeping everything fresh. No need for a formal cure as far as I'm concerned.

Whether to crumble everything or not....it depends on the hash technique being used. Keep everything as intact as possible until you decide which way you're going to make your hash. Then simply follow whatever the instructions tell you to do.

A few recipes use fresh green trim. Never done any of them but have seen the process.

3. smokin_75

smokin_75 loving it up in smoke...

thanks resin. I have read quite a few of your posts and gladly note your advice.

4. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

Why would it need to be cured? As I understand it the curing process is to break down any cloraphill left in the plant material. If you're extracting the psychoactive ingredients from the plant material there wouldn't be any need to break down the cloraphill.