What color is bubble hash suppossed to be?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Cannagirl, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I got a gram from the dispensary and I am just wondering if it's the "right" color. Which means more potent, lighter or darker?

This is my first time smoking bubble hash, it sure does the job! A gram for 10 bucks, they were having a special.

2. Shine Down

Shine Down plays in cabinets........

great pricing for any kind of hash...

shoulda dropped a Benjamin for some.

as far as potency, it matters on the initial amount and what ind of resins collected...

plus the type of press and how much pressure was used.

in the past i have have made (for me) the same type of hash off the same plants and the colors were never the same.

3. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Thanks dude for the info!

This is GDP hash and it's pretty dark. Smokes wonderfully. I might have to go get some more 2marro, stock up. I am soooooo relaxed and happy right now! I love hash! I have been smoking a lot of kief, but it's nothin on this bubble hash.

4. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

the blacker it is the stronger usually. I posted a pic in another thread here it is this is some bubble hash from Lemon Skunk by GHS which is beside it in the pic.

From what i have learned about bubble hash is the smoother and darker it looks the more straight trichromes there are in it. Look at the edge of the hash where i have broken some peices off it's dark like brownies lol. Hope that helps...Steelcity

[​IMG]

This was not my best round of hash it seems that White Rhino is the best hash producer out of my stable...

5. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I have to disagree with SCS.

Trichs are amber or clear, right? So, if your objective is to capture the purest form of bubble hash, which are the trichs, your wanting to collect the trichs and ONLY the trichs. That means the closer to the color of the actual trichs , the more pure the bubble hash is.

This isn't true for pressed hash, just bubble hash.

The darker the bubble hash, the more impurities it has.

Here's an outstanding instruction guide that shows every step in total detail. It also shows the different levels of darkness from the different grades of bubble hash.

http://www.bubblebag.com/instructions/bubblebag_detailed.php

[​IMG]

The lighter the better . . . unless you have dark trichs.:laugh:

I hope this was some help.

6. Rollinbonz

Rollinbonz Baptised By Satan

As far as I have learned with the few BB runs I've made, I'd have to agree with Rocky. Here are 3 grades of BB hash I recently made with some white rhino trimmings

This was the lowest grade from a 75m bag

[​IMG]

lower grade- not that clean but was still good smoke 45m bag

[​IMG]

This was the best, very clean and choked you after holding it in for 5 or 6 seconds. It came from the 20 m bag, the finest screen im my bb set

[​IMG]

The 2 whiter grades both darkened a few shades after curing for a couple days but never got dark. Could of been ISO hash, that I've made and was dark but was killer.

7. SteelCity Smoker

Really? I have a couple runs of hash the dark smooth looking pieces from the last bag are the ones that make me sleep within 30 mins the stuff i took a pic of i can smoke all day and yeah i'm fucked but not worthless. Interesting, where is someone with some sort of scientific insight? Useless? Skunky? anybody? Steelcity

8. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

How fucking scientific do you want? Bubble hash is the collection of the trichs and thats it! The trichs are, ideally amber or clear = white. So unless your heating the trichs with friction or otherwise, your going to end up with your top grade bubble hash being lighter in color than the lower grades. Simply put, the lighter the bubble hash, the purer the bubble hash. If your pressing the hash, you'd get a darker color strictly from the heat caused by friction.

If your unwilling to accept simple fact, you don't need a scientist, you need a psychiatrist.

So, I don't qualify as "anyone"? My years of experience don't matter to you? I'm not trying to piss you off or anything, but it's sort of IGNORANT to make a comment that you have no clue what your saying then when someone, politely corrects you, you want a scientist to validate your wrong?

Whats the real deal SCS? Did I piss in your Wheaties or something sometime in the past?

Maybe I'm just reading this wrong and your not basically saying I'm a moron and where's someone with real knowledge.

If I'm wrong, I apologize . . . but it sure seems like your discrediting my input, for some reason . . . and that is a form of an insult where I come from.

Once again, I'm sorry, but thats just how I see it. ;)

9. SteelCity Smoker

no need to take it personal rckymtn i got no beef what so ever with you.

I just think of the purest form of hash i know of which is scissor hash it's pretty dark ain't it?

So i'm confused

Why is the darker hash i have stronger. Is it the method by which we agitate that differs our results?

I don't have all the answers i just smoke the shit...Steelcity

RkyMtnWayHigh69 likes this.
  10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Scissor hash is effected by friction and has plant matter in it. That makes it dark green to brown. Bubble hash is not heated and shouldnt have any plant matter in it.

Bubble hash should range from green to white. The finer the mesh used the whiter the product and stronger it should be.

11. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I have to agree with Rocky :thumbs-up:

I'm due to run my slag, but that's what mine looks like (sorta, kinda).

My 1st bag (220?) is darker, but 'till I get to the last bag (25, 10 is a waste of time, IMO), it's always tan-colored (mostly CM slag)

[​IMG]

12. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Mine either turns out brown or a golden color.

13. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Alrighty right. Well. This is clearly ISO hash. I am tellin the dispensary. It's nothin like any of the pics you guys posted. It also smells and smokes like ISO. Don't get me wrong, ISO is strong too, but there is no way this is bubble hash. It's almost black and has the same consistency as well.

Kinda annoyed. But oh well, it was still worth the 10 bucks, I just wanted to try bubble hash. Thats the thing with dispensaries, even the good ones. Things get labeled wrong, plants that just clone well are sold under a variety of names, ect.

I especially hate when they label sativas as indies and vise versa, it happens alllllll the time. Really, the name of what you buy at 'most' dispensaries means absolutely nothin. I always tell people to look at everything and not just come in and ask for Grand Daddy Purp or Trainwreck.

14. MrOrange965

MrOrange965 Pollinating Females

wow i did'nt know you could smoke baby poop. :roffl:

15. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Actually CG, bubble can be dark too.

Take any of the pics posted (except SCS), add a little heat and/or pressure and it will darken up big time.

My bubble will start off totally blonde. By the time I roll it out flat and cut it into a rectangle to roll a joint with, it looks like dark chocolate.

Leave it in your car for an hour on a warm day, it turns dark.

SCS, your pic looks like it was pressed. But you can also see green matter in it. Basically, it's green matter contaminants. Rky is right here.

Scissor hash is not the most potent. It is actually very contaminated. All those pistils and cystolith (sp) hairs are mixed in. Not pure at all. And yes, it gets darker from friction by the use of the scissors, as Skuzzi stated. Still mighty tasty though.

16. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Bubble

I got a set of 5 cheap bubblebags from ebay - paid $30. Gonna try them out soon. Where's the hash smilie??