What is Pollen?

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by TheApprentice, Apr 4, 2007.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

[​IMG]What is this 'POLLEN' i hear a lot of you asking me,well in the UK hash is thee most commonly smoked way of injesting marijuana,bud smokers are usually mostly the jamacians,africans and generally the minority of the UK population.Hash can be bought in many outstanding forms just as Bud can be with various strains.Nepalese Temple Balls is 100% the most mind blowing hash i have ever smoked,iv included a link at the bottom of the post which has great informative descritpions and visual references of all the different 'strains' or 'types' of hash we smoke in the UK.Heres the 'pollen 101':potleaf:

Pollen dont burn,crumble or taste even smoke like hash,if you didnt know any the wiser you would SWEAR you were smoking some real good bud,thats the difference between hash and pollen,basically the best of the plant is 'extracted' and pressed and cultivated into 'quality' pollen..put it this way pollen sells for double the price of hash round here which is the equivalent to the price of good weed like original blueberry, white widow,ect.

Pollen is resin made in India,Morrocco even the United Kingdom, generally of higher quality than 'red seal Black' hashish, and appears in soft, pliable or hard, almost brittle, form. It can appear in slabs, or moulded into various shapes. Typically 12%-17% THC

Pollen is superior quality to for instance Moroccan hashish, normally in round 9oz blocks. Similar in appearance to Lebanese( light and fluffs up/expands when burnt) , but of MUCH higher potency,it represents earlier 'shakes' than used to produce soap-bars, and the resin is of softer texture. Typically 10-15%% THC.

The resin you describe as pollen would be skunk made into hash,also known as Nederhash( after being perfected in Nederland),this can be extremely potent and has a characteristic odour of the parent plants(depending on how many strains used). It would be no more nor less 'chemical' than the parent plant (i.e. grown hydroponically or organically), as it is produced by sieving the resin glands, rather than via although not excluding chemical extraction. It is soft, sometimes waxy to the touch, of green or yellowy- grey, almost translucent appearance. Potencies of UK-produced material have been as high as 79%!.

Exotic resin occasionally appears on the UK market, often as 'sweeteners' - small amounts in larger consignments, so even if it gets over here it rarely ventures beyond those with connections to the importing organisation.[​IMG] Alternatively, travellers to source countries, or the Netherlands, may bring small quantities (up to a few kilos, rather than tons or container loads) back with them.Trust me ,this stuff iv got dont come round these parts as good as this that often!:wink:

Here is a great link for a site that will give y'all a good visual idea and description of what we mainly smoke in the UK,as i said there are many different types just as there are strains of weed and in fact many types of hash use very potent strains of weed to make pollen,etc,as i said "NEPALESE TEMPLE BALLS" is thee best iv ever smoked,the site wil show you what i speak of.PPL like me who smoke bud are in the minority,hash still is the biggest consumed type of MJ in the UK.

GREAT HASH COINESEURR SITE: http://www.420hash.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
  2. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Ain't it funny how words have different meanings in other places? :rolleyes2:

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

pollen in UK-GOOD..pollen in USA=Male Plant Alert!!!!

It IS funny when i talk bout smoking pollen cos a fw peeps thought i was talking bout somehow smoking male MJ plant pollen:roll:

I never realised until i spoke to some GKers and other ppl in the MJ world NOT from the UK that they werent aware that hash comes in many different forms/strains/types and pollen is basically the best of them as it is ,usually always, pressed from choice quality strain buds.

I plan on making some nice pollen with my POT OF GOLD strain as it is very very resinous and from what the flying dutchman says about it aswellas friends and online reviews then it sounds as if it was specifically bred just for making hash,pollen,etc.

I plan on pressing it with some of UBB's 'original blueberry' buds maybe add some of my K2 buds when they harvest but the pollen will be called POG or at least thats what i would brand on it if i made enough of it but before im able to do that i would need to take as many POG clones as possible and give them all out to my growing friends to grow in order to make a bar of POG Pollen cos it takes a lotta bud and iv only got 2 closet growrooms available at the moment and two sets of HPS so id need to 'involve' others which i aint keen on but id sure love to make some of my own pollen,iv made my own hash,just a lil bit and twas good stuff,tasted clean and pure unlike some of the shit i see round here at times.

If ya check out that www.420hash.com site then you'll se the holy grail of hash which is 'nepalese temple balls',iv only had the pleasure of smoking it in amsterdam but most of the other types of hash in fact all of them i smoke or have smoked in my life time....

I REALLY had no idea though that hash,etc wasnt as readily available in america as it is in the UK!! I thought hash was universally available in good and shit forms just like it is in the UK!

I can ALWAYS no matter what 'aquire' some hash,maybe even good pollen but if i want good bud then apart rom a few local growers/sellers i know then at times i have to actually go 'BUDHUNTING' whereas the streets are flooded with hash which means its the most purchased,ppl think why pay double for pollen or bud when you can get double the amount of hash for half the price and therin lies the problem of trying to promote bud in Scotland.:5headache: Peace y'all:smokin:

4. imripped

imripped Veggy Stage

a lot of those types of hash are like 10-20% thc. some of them were talking about over 50% and that sounded good, but hell doesnt running iso hash make more than 50% thc hash?

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Some UK pollen THC levels peak at just under 79%!!!

The actual pollen in my thread in the hash/oils section (titled T.O.P Pollen) comes in at over 50% THC, so now you can see what i mean about 'pollen' being twice as strong as hash,hence double the price aswell.Pollen is actually the EXACT same price as any quality strain of bud like blueberry,w/widow,NYC Diesal,Grapefruit,Bubblegum,etc so even that is an indicator of just how much pollen..(although it is technically a 'type' of hash,it is FAR FAR superior in potency).. is better than most types of hash,and there are MANY types of hash as www.420hash.com testifies.In fact there are a lot of 'types/strains' that iv smoked in my life that aint on the list like 'golfball black' and zero/zero 0/0 which was a very fine and potent soft black type hash that doesnt even need burned ,its so soft you can just pick of bits to put in your joints,etc.

POLLEN in the UK can reach THC levels as high as 79%!!!!But this is the stuff that is made here in the UK and not imported,its made from usually two or three types of good bud,thats what the T.O.P stands for,its an indicator to which strains were used in making the pollen,for instance: Thai-tanic.Oasis.Pole-cat(T.O.P).

Just imagine the potency potential if you make/press the pollen with certain strains!!!The TOP pollen i had sadly i was unable to find out all the strains included in making the T.O.P pollen but i do know for a degree of certainty that the 'O' in T.O.P. stands for a black label strain called 'Ole 47' and its got a massive THC content and can be bought from HIGH QUALITY SEEDS HOLLAND.(Seed Breeders and Seed Bankers).

Pollen and other potent types of hash like nepalese temple balls:notworthy: are very highly regarded in Amsterdam and in fact the 'concept' of using multiple strains of buds to press into a 'superior' type of hash/cannabis resin came from Holland hence the other term used 'Nederhash', there are morroccan,indian and afghani types of 'pollen' but IMO they are just good versions of hash,pollen is a different colour and doesnt need a lot of burning and tastes and smokes like good bud and the only types of pollen that i would pay the extra bucks fopr is nederhash(ducth pollen) or UK made Pollen(which has a 3strain minimum base) as UK pollen use BOTH extraction methods aswell as 'pressing' but other countries just simply press the pollen.I'm AMAZED that none of y'all have EVER heard of it or even had the chance to smoke it!It must be more of a european thing:ponder: