What is the best line of Organic Nutrients?

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by rasganjah, Oct 8, 2010.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I've been using the General Hydroponics Flora Nova Line of nutrients which is a blend of Organic and mineral/non-organic nutrients in a simple 2 part fomula. i chose it for it's simplicity and reputation for positive results. I have been pretty happy with it bit as I progress in skill as a grower I feel like I want to go 100% organic and I'm not sure what line of nutrients to go with.

i've been considering getting all the parts for the Genera Organics line but there are like 8 separate parts to complete the whole line.

I've also looked at Earth Juice which is 5 parts. I've read that it's a quality organic product that produces good results.

Are more parts better or is it possible to get the same results from a line with less parts. I grow primarily in soil but do hempy on occasion. I do plan to start doing some ebb and flow tables hydro in the near future.

Any suggestions on these or other organic nutrients lines would be greatly appreciated. I have used the Alaska Fish ferts in the past with good results but I am looking to try some new things and make my own comparisons.

Thanks in advance GK! :thumbs-up: :passsit:

2. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

For quite a few years, I used AGE OLD exclusively for my soil plants.

I really liked it. Seemed to have everything the plants needed and was reasonably priced and easy, as it only a 1 part nute. I added other suppliments such as Dark Energy and Superthrive for veg., and KoolBloom for flower.

I'm actually considering switching back just to have an actual "organic" nutrient. ;)

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Hey Ras-

I've been trying these out on the new garden and so far am really impressed.

http://www.dramm.com/html/main.isx?sub=69

As you may remember I used Neptune's Harvest almost exclusively in the past but just had to give the Drammatic line a try. I like that they are USDA organic compliant and have more flexibility in product choices than either Neptune's or Alaska. I'm still running into the expected MG deficiency in week 3-4 of veg that plagues fish/kelp emulsions but it's nothing that can't be dealt with.

It's about half the price of Neptune's too which is a big plus.

cheers

4. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

so it seems their stuff is pretty "veg" heavy, not a whole lot of potassium.... what do you use during flower? or am i blind, missing a page?

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Planning to run the Drammatic line then switch to Neptune's Harvest Seaweed 0-0-1 and molasses to finish the final 3-4 weeks. The molasses isn't really an addition as I use it pretty much all the way through as a mineral source. It helps keep MG deficiencies at bay and is a decent source of potassium.

6. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

general organics

I I use general organic line even though they have a lot of different parts They work well I might drop the bio weed foursome floralicious plus that and flora nectar. But the feeding schedule if you follow it exactly you should have really good results I recommend it to everbody starting out in soil who wants to stay pretty much organic not 1 of our customers has complained yet about it. another pretty good one is age old but it's lacking calmag and low PH makes alkaline build up from consistently adding ph up. if you're looking for a 1 parts formula try Ionic grow and bloom the boost is a bloom booster

7. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

I use Bio Bizz, which comes in one part grow and bloom. I also use their Alg-a-Mic, which you can foilar feed for instant results. The plants dig it and its easy to use :thumbs-up:

8. LoneGirlGrower

LoneGirlGrower Germinating

I've used Pura Vida by Technaflora for my soil grown plants. It's great! Its molasses based, and I compost every third or so watering and it never burns the plants.

Highly recommend it!

Follow this link to their official website: http://www.technaflora.com/products.php?product=39

9. Mr Dankosity

Mr Dankosity Veggy Stage

I have been using The Humboldt Nutes Organic for about a year now and I love them...

10. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

another vote for AGEOLD used it in the past and loved it.

11. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Most of the "parts" are required. This is the one thing that really pisses me off about the nute manufacturers; they do this so you have to by them all separately and they can charge more. There is no reason they cannot make a complete formula in one bottle.

12. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

age old

AGE OLD ORGANICS GROW, BLOOM, AND FISH&SEAWEED IS ALSO Q GOOD CHOICE. A LITTLE MOLASSES AND CAL MG AT MOST for Supplements or correct any deficiencies :thumbs-up:

13. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Not so fast...