What kind of HINGE do I need?

Discussion in 'DIY' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Jun 18, 2008.

1. dooobster

dooobster A Fat Sticky Bud

Hey HHHG, I don't know how good your construction skillz are, but...

If that wall isn't load-bearing, you could recess the bookcase into the wall and trim around it like it's made into the wall itself...

Cut out a little sheet rock, change the location of a couple studs, nail up a header board, cut the trim wood and nail it to the bookcase but not the wall... Then when you slide the bookcase out to go in the grow room, the trim comes out with it... When finished in the room, you come out, slide the bookcase back until the trim hits the wall... Sweet!

On second thought, it sounds a little bit involved, but talk about stealthy!

2. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

[​IMG]

That may work, the only problem I see is trimming them out and attaching them to the side of the stud with out knocking out the sheetrock. And I dont think you would want to mount them to the doorway jamb for lack of a good seal that wouldn't be obvious from the sealth side. That and I doubt they'll hold 200 pounds either. But like you said it doesn't have to support the weight fully but it does have to have some freedom of movement too. Hmm.

3. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Good idea, but I can't do that because people have already seen the bookshelf where it is pushed up against the wall, so changing it is not an option.

4. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

I would say if it is level and supported then a piano hinge will do fine. Just tuck a caster up under it.

5. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Sorry i havnt read the whole thread but after reading that and seeing the pick i have to ask a question!

Are you hiding weed in there or a jewish family?

Nice work!!!!

6. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

LMAO!!! That was funny evil.

7. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Both

[​IMG]