What steps would I need to take to get legal?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Justcheckingitout, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Ok, SO if Florida goes Medical this year, what all is involved for me to get a permit/license to have a legal garden? I've read Co and other state websites and it's a little confusing to me,

Here are some things I have going on that might be good or not? as far as medical issues.

1. I am under doctors care for physical and mental treatment from the bad car accident I was in years ago.

2.. I am legally disabled and I do receive Medicare, {Would this be a bad thing since at the federal level MJ is illegal?}

So besides the medical part, what are the legal things can I expect to do/get, to go legal? What all is involved?

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

You'll have to see what the legislation looks like when it passes. Each state will have a different law. Being involved in the writing of the legislation goes a long ways towards understanding it, so I'd get in contact with whoever is drafting the bill and roll up my sleeves. I called the MPP and they had all th info I was looking for for my state. I have now read all three proposed bills, and gotten good feedback from e-mailed suggestions for changes to the staffers at MPP.

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

don't ever put your name on anything until it FEDERALLY legal

4. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I'm a medical patient, and everything is peachy as long as you stick to your limits.

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

don't be blinded by what you'd love to have happen, im sorry but until the federal gov makes anything specifically and fully legal then anything can happen at anytime...it will most likely be fine but why take said chance and reach beyond, if it does go sour..holy shitski

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Dunno mang....:passsit:

The way I see it is get State legal asap. Our biggest problem is local law enforcement. Getting busted by a Fed is the narrowest possibility, even though it does happen. Why not lessen your odds by at least getting the locals off your back?

If the Feds ever start hitting the legal and MMJ State producers hard it means the tide has shifted and everybody gots problems, blackmarket and legal alike.

just my 0.02 and probably worth just that.

7. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

no comment

8. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

hmmm.. Din't FL just ban bongs and shit relative?

This whole florida thing captivates me though. The politics there will totally change if stoners show up at the polls.

The whole state has been a drug mule for so long folks are sketchy about it but, guess what? Almost everyone that smokes weed in the U.S. is smoking 'erb grown here. 20:1. I live almost next to mexico and, haven't looked at brick weed in 6-7 years. DEA doesn't get that. Almost think the misdirection is intentional..

:passsit:

9. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

What types of limits? "Plant numbers"? What type of paper work is involved? I realize every state will be different, but just checking what everyone else had to do just to get legal in their state. So I can get a round about idea of what I might be looking at.