Whats a GOOD spot?

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by CCrete, Feb 21, 2009.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I've thrown a few beans outdoors in the past with so-so results in yield but had great smoke to them. I am planning on doing a much greater outdoor setup this season. I was wondering what the optimum conditions were to plant in....I'd like to hear of "your" good spots. Im in the Northeast of the USA. I own 10 acres of wooded land with 2 streams and a nice lush grassy/mossy area with an underground spring that keeps it green all year round, some running water in that site. Theres a 10ft wide track that is cut through the woods that i ran my water lines for my house in. Just picture lots of trees, bushes and a 10ft wide path cut through it for about 500-550 feet long, going over 2 streams. Simply said it has a path for me to grow ALOT of POT in.......LOL........It has perfect sunlight all summer and has begun to over grow already, as I did the water line over a year ago. So it has great cover from any looky-lues.....My road is 3miles long with maybe 5-6 homes on it, so im not too concerned with people by any means.

Who got some ideas for me?

2. bclivin

bclivin Veggy Stage

never put your crop near power lines or plumbing gas or sewer lines if anything happens to those things you will have who knows how many differant people walking around, inspectors engineers. keep your plants in a secluded spot, do the extra labour and keep your medicine safe

3. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Um...

Find a spot on your land...relatively close maybe....that you cannot see into, but once you go in it's kinda a circular patch of grass maybe 20X 20 feet and has no canopy and the sunlight shines down into the hole...

MUCH EASIER SAID THAN DONE!

yeah don't plant within 500 Yards of a power line....SKETCH!

4. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

any aerial traffic over your land?

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

yea no power lines around......some aerial traffic ive seen over the summers.....i know of some bust from a 30 mile radius but they have all been kept around a lake that is bout 2 miles away....Im not trying to have a 20 or 30 plant garden....maybe 5-8 plants when its all said and done......i plan on planting 20 or so about 5 or 6 weeks into veg from my indoor garden, FEMS of course...then weeding out the losers.

6. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Sounds like a plan to me. I've got a small pond on my property, and I plant a few every year on the low side of the dam with great results. If you've got that much water running through and under your property, you should be set. I'd plant them in mounds, so some part of the root system is always above the water table. My brother grew some Texada Timewarp last year outside, and ended up with over 2lbs a plant. He's supposed to be bringing me some clones in the next month to start vegging before they go outside. Good luck with your grow, Chris. Any idea what strains you plan on using?

7. bclivin

bclivin Veggy Stage

sounds like you got er cased throw some dolomite lime down after thaw if thats a problem or march april and wait a few weeks it will balance the ph in the soil if you were wondering excellant stuff for outdoors. that and a steady water supply shoud keep those girls happy:smokin:

8. budbox

budbox workin things out

thorns

i have had 29 outdoor clones of this pink strain that i abtained. :) should be getting a clone agian soon cause i let it die off lucally i was smart enough to put a clone in one of my buddies hands thats doin great. but ne way i had all 29 in some woods there was traffic but not lots and belive me i found the best 5 spots in the woods i could. i only ended up with 7. the rest were taken but those seven were surrounded by about 50 feet of thorn bushes was a bitch to getin there but thats what u want so if the random passerby smells em the thorns should deter then enough. plus u can get lost in that shit so even if u dont have natural thorn bushes if u plan on doin this for the up coming years too u might just want to plant some round ur patch thats what im doin early spring before i put my clones