What's It Going to Take to Make Marijuana Legal: Drug Policy Reform Conference 11/11

Discussion in 'Cannabis Documentaries' started by ResinRubber, Feb 2, 2012.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

What's It Going to Take to Make Marijuana Legal: International Drug Policy Reform Conference, November 2011

[YOUTUBE]20SyMykNU-U[/YOUTUBE]

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Good conversation on the topic of legalization. I was disappointed that they didn't answer the law student's question. Overall though it seems like we are on the right track. There are a lot of highly intelligent and professional people taking up the cause. It's going to happen, within our lifetime. I'd like to see and participate in a discussion like that. It reinvigorated my passion for legalization. I didn't see any representation of my kind of people there. It's something that I think is important and unaddressed. How do I fit into legalization? the hippies and the dreadlocks. We are the founders of the movement, but seem to be looked at by the political community as a blemish. :redbong:

I'm assuming it's okay to post in response to the video in any given thread in this new forum? Or else they would be locked? I read the rules, and it said this is not the smoker's lounge. Is my post okay? :passsit:

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Post away Ras. I envision the threads accompanying the original post as a review discussion of sorts. It can help people decide if the video warrants a watch or not. The reference to the Smokers lounge is an attempt to keep threads from becoming a battleground for defense of individual positions on any given topic. Which will not be tolerated.

Join your local NORML chapter. It's like $50. We run membership drives at $25 a pop all the time here. So if $50 is too steep call and ask if they'll be doing a drive anytime soon. Our local chapter attends and coordinates member attendance at local Townhall meetings, legislative sessions, festival booths et al and is always looking for volunteers.

Unfortunately, as it currently stands, people who wear suits hold the power over our cause and to be taken seriously in some settings adherence to the sartorial status quo better promotes our message without unnecessary distractions. That simply be the way it is bro.