Whats the "ideal" drying room to build???

Discussion in 'DIY' started by CCrete, May 18, 2011.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Im looking to utilize a 6ft tall, 18inch deep, 3ft wide, 2 door metal filing cabinet for all my drying needs

What are some of the thoughts out there for how to setup the inside

I know it may sound simple enough but I want to get it right the first time, Im always rebuilding cuz I forget something simple, like a pothead.......................you guys know any?:passsit:

Thanks yinz!

2. CCrete

Really?

I know its not exciting but ....REALLY?

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Metal is going to suck to work with, cutting in a couple of vents and if your going to run some string across for hanging. You really don't want to use those stick up hooks. I've always had a hard time keeping them stuck. So that leaves you drilling holes to either run your lines through or mounting some kind of hook. Sure you want to use metal?

4. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Well you know you want to put as much as you possible can so you utilize space. So with that I would build screened shelves.

or

put 2 sets or 3 sets of strings from wall to wall.

With 6' height, depending how big your colas are, should be able to get 3 sets of hangings. With a nice fan on the bottom shooting upwards.

My .02.

5. CCrete

This is the cab and you can see theres already 1 hole cut thats 9inch round and another thats 10inch round

Also, you can see the tabs all up the sides and the back of the cab for me to be able to line strings across

Really?.....a fan? from the inside you think? I was thinking a weak ass fan blowing in the lowest cut in hole from the outside, i dunno

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I hang mine on strings also but I think if I were useing that cabinet I would run small wood runners accross you know light weight small stuff that close pins could be nailed to on one side for more stability. Would work great.

t6

7. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Either screen shelves or run some fishing line around your existing shelve hooks. As for a fan, NONE ON THE INSIDE. I would put nothing more than a 4" axial computer fan and mount it on top lie a bathroom extraction fan. Have that puppy timed to run for 5-10 mins every 60-90 minutes. I would hold back from constant air blowing in or directly on your buds. I did that with some bud from my very first harvest. Needless to say, they didnt taste too great...

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That thing is going to smell like the south end of a north bound skunk. Looks like it's next to a grow area. Any chance you can duct it into supply air for a room? That way the stinky drying air will get scrubbed along with your garden air.

9. CCrete

Did you say....can you? How insulting....rofl

My grow is in a 11x 12 concrete block room, next to that is another 8x9 concrete block room thats a roughed in bathroom.....that room is where I keep my supplies and do lil grow projects

I can do anything you would like....that cab is easily moved around to whereever it needs to go, just a push

10. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

All right no fan but at least some air movement, on a small scale. :thumbs-up:

How much do you think your going to compact in there?

11. CCrete

1.5-2lb at a time

12. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

In a room with a dehumidifier ? I know even though I have Central air my basement still get's a lil damp. I have an LG 65pint dehumidifier running on low all the time. I crank it up during a harvest.It will bring the RH down to 20% overnight. I keep it that low for the week they hang. It's easy enough to hook up the dehumidifier to drain into the floor drain. Or take a spare pump and pump it where ever you like. Just my thoughts...Steelcity