Whats up with this oil?

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by SecretGrower420, Jul 29, 2010.

1. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

I got a 5 gram vile of oil and it looks black, but is brownish green when spread thin. Now from what I've seen here, both BHO and QWISO turn out a nice golden color.

Are there any other methods of making oil that turn out dark or was this stuff not made properly?

It still gets me really fried and tastes pretty good.

2. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

green turned brown

They left the weed in the alcohol too long and they got som geen plant matter that turned dark as they cooked off the alcohol would be my guess

3. SecretGrower420

That's sort of what I was thinking.

Another question I have is : Is either hash or oil 100% THC? Or at least really close?

4. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

i doubt it.

More than likely not

5. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

:nopics: -Bud

6. bobjohnsmith

bobjohnsmith Excommunicated

Quality BHO is in the the mid nineties supposedly. As far as the color variance you have it depends on the quality of the beginning product. I've used 70 dollar an ounce crap weed to make BHO it turned out as you described and smelled like the beginning product. It was still a very potent product just nit that beutiful honey color. BTW my only experience is with BHO I have never done an alcohol extraction. If you want to make beutiful looking BHO you have to use Dank buds and triple refined butane. In my experience any BHO extraction will get the hardest of heads ripped.

What did you pay for your product? I've never sold extractions, but I've always wondered what it would go for on the street.

7. SecretGrower420

I payed $50 for the 5 gram vile, and I'll get some pics in a little bit.

8. SecretGrower420

pics

I took a couple pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what do you guys think?

9. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I think you should invite me over.... You are gonna need help with all that !:droooling::roffl::popcorn-2:

Budz:anibong::anibong::anibong:

10. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Discoloration can come from contaminants but is most often a result of too high heat during the purge process. The other possibility is if they used alcohol for the extraction and let it sit in there too long.

That looks like an alcohol extraction that was over cooked and it doesn't appear to be purged properly. Tell the guy you got it from to reduce the heat and purge it better. Also, if he is using alcohol, it doesn't need to sit in there for days or weeks. Just my two copper pieces.

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Agreed, iso that soaked for way too long in extraction. Still will get you hella high. Just not a nice clean color or flavor.

12. SecretGrower420

Awesome, thanks guys.

13. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Could be a long soak....a fine grind will cause darkening...To high of heat during the purge....one of your shots looks burnt....looks like some booty Qwiso..Should get ya stoned but you could have a better smoking experience..plus the price says qwiso to me 50 on 5 grams but hell i could be wrong