When am I going to see buds???

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by salinasam22, May 22, 2007.

1. salinasam22

salinasam22 Germinated

My plant is 3.5 months old. Looks healthy and is a female as far as I can tell. Seeing hairs now. When will it get buds? Is there something I need to do? Its growing in natural light in a sunroom. Its almost 2 feet high but not quite. Im afraid Im too late or I am messing it up. It has large outer leaves and then smaller ones coming closer into the main stem. Which is fat and load bearing. Please help! Thanks in advance~:love4:

2. StinkyBuds

StinkyBuds TooStonedToPost

3. salinasam22

salinasam22 Germinated

um...

I tried to search for an answer and cant find anything. Im new to this so maybe im not searching correctly. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

4. Shisno

Shisno Bong Whore

if your hairs have just appeared then the buds will soon follow...

5. Growdude

Growdude Developed Alternating Nodes

Is your plant getting 12 hours of total darkness?

6. salinasam22

salinasam22 Germinated

good question

Ok here is the skinny skinny. she lives in a sunroom that is comprised of 1 open wall and 6 sliding glass doors. It is completely dark down there at night other than a stove light that is like 15-20 ft. away. Will that effect it? I dont know if I mentioned earlier that it was moved due to in laws visiting to a darker room for the last week which is when like a day back to its normal light it got the hairs. I may take a pic and post it soon. :angel8: Thanks again for all the help. Im very appreciative.

7. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Posting a pic would help. Ummmm how much light can get in there?? Is there lots of leaks?? If so....I would get some sort of temporary wall to set up to shut out any light. I mean you could even go "cheap" if it is the money. In fact...I have seen some ppl buy really cheap plywood * paint it all white. Not pricy to buy that at like Home Depot. Only thing is ya have to be safe with lights as you certainly do not want a fire or things to get too hot.

Do you have a closet that you could use if this is not working for you??

Anywhos...happy growing and hope they start to bud soon for you.

Peace~mermaid :animbong:

8. salinasam22

salinasam22 Germinated

well its a sunroom

Im not sure what you mean by leaks. There is no door its like a door way without a door. So the only light that gets in is the range light on the stove. I mean that is a reg. bulb nothing fancy. and again 15-20 ft. away. If I turn that off that would prevent any un-natural light from getting in but it gets 12/12 like it was outside some where. Hope that helps. Im going to get my stoner butt downstairs and find the digi.

9. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Light leaks as in meaning ANY light shining on your babie's. Now not sure if the light from your stove will hurt them....??? Maybe someone else would know as I grow outdoors. One thing I do know is they need total darkness for 12 hours ...... :)

Good luck to ya!!

Peace~mermaid :animbong:

10. Growdude

Growdude Developed Alternating Nodes

I dont know where you live, but I dont think your getting 12 hours of darkness if they are in a sunroom with now way to block out the light.

11. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

but if you keep letting them go till around november......you might be suprised....

12. calisfinestBUD

calisfinestBUD New Sprout

any light leaks!

any light leak whatso ever may cause the plant to hermi. I would give it complete , (i mean complete) darkness just to be safe.

So you were saying that it was moved to a room that was completely dark for a full week, and they when you put it back to the sunroom it grew hairs and started flowering?

Just try and post a pic and describe the exact situation so we can give you some info. Thanks SalSam22

13. salinasam22

salinasam22 Germinated

Pics

I made some pics and put them up. Im trying to think of exactly how I could darken them all the way for 12 hours a day. I have a place I can put them. Some one asked me why they look droopy. That happens every night when the sun goes down. I noticed some of the leaves today had some brownish dry spots but I water it. How many days of the 12/12 should I give it? Can it ever go back to the sunroom permanently? Thanks for all the help!

14. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

It should be on 12/12 until you harvest. If you can get the sunroom to be completely dark for 12 hours (using curtains or thick plastic on the windows) you can leave it there.