Which OG do I have?

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by CREATIVE GARDENER, Mar 13, 2015.

1. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Man, how many varieties or pheynos of OG kush are there. I got a couple freebies with my last order and just now getting around to smoking it. "Dick in the dirt" would be a pretty good description.

The Critical kush is some potent shit and smooth, and the LSD is really narcotic, no kidding. I really didn't know what to expect of the OG after smoking the others but it's right there with them for sure. And tho the reviews I'd read didn't rate it very high on yield, I got over 6 ozs total of beautiful buds off the first two plants. Which tickled the shit out of me!!!

They, this pheno anyway, grow tall and got up in the lights pretty quick. This round I'm doing a better job of controlling the height on them. A dream to clone, so I've got plenty, and 60 days to flower in soil so it's a keeper for sure.

But I was wondering if all the "names" are really that different or just a bunch of hype, and which 'one' I have. I've checked several sites and most of the pics are of dried buds so it's hard to distinguish which one I have. If I could just see varieties at different stages of growth I believe I could match it up.

The closest thing I've seen was Superman OG. Or is it really worth the hassle isolating it. Think I'll just go with Superman OG.:wtf?:

Be Cool, CG

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  2. CREATIVE GARDENER

Jumped the gun on the Superman OG. Just a big fan of the man I guess!! But the plant is way too squatty to be what I've got. Just have to settle for plain ole OG kush I reckon.:pimp:

Be Cool, CG

3. sallyskims

sallyskims Germinating

I'm interested in the differences also. I've got some OG kush and Lost Coast kush seeds from humboldt seed co. Haven't grown any out yet. since we're legal now I am waiting until summer and growing one of each in my greenhouse along with a blue dream. Pretty excited about how large they might get out there. Guess time will tell but the anticipation is half the fun.

4. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah, I grew mine under LEDs and wasn't disappointed at all. Actually lived up to the hype. And we know how much of marketing is hype.

I can only imagine what that summer sun is going to do for yours. Bet you are excited, I know I would be!!! If you start them inside and give them a good jumpstart they should be monsters. Good luck, and let us know how they turn out.

Be Cool, CG

5. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

This is about the most accurate write up I've seen do far other than it stating putz brought the chemdawg in. I'm pretty sure he was gifted that from another guy along with someone else. But supposedly he bred it. It had pronounced Hindu kush region qualities and supposedly was a joke about it not being mountain grown but instead ocean grown being in California. Remember reading that on overgrow way back when with some old patriot growers. Think only reason it stuck was because I always assumed OG meant original. Kinda like original gangster but figured it just meant it was the first and the one and only. Like a cocky name. LOL but real deal OG from what I know is a single phenol clone only. As for the crosses or seed company remakes. No clue. I'd think at least 3 distinct ones. Oh and one other thing to keep in mind if you didn't already notice or know as far as kush strains go kush in the means doesn't necessarily mean it's from OG could be from landrace from that region or one of their crosses. Try to find as much as you can about lineage which a lot if the breeders are pretty open about.

http://topdank.com/og-kush-marijuana-strain-information/

6. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I like my dick nice n dirty :coolbounce:

Until some one or thing (choke cough cough) starts systematically tracking, recording and reproducing cannabis DNA, OG is what your customer believes it is.

Kush might be more readily identified as a flavor or type of high, coming from strains originating in Afghanistan or Pakistan. I've smoked a lot of JBXKOK, the last K being Kush. No direct experience with any other supposed kush to compare it to.

7. CREATIVE GARDENER

Thanks Skunky. Yeah I also have a Afgan- Pakistan kush and they are as different as night and day. The OG I have is exactly as described. Kick-ass high and pungent as hell. Kind of tall and lanky with popcorn to golf ball sized buds. Was just wondering which pheno I might have, as if it mattered.

I have the Critical kush which has the same bud structure but much bigger on a shorter stocker plant, but not nearly as strong a smell. But with every bit of the kick of the OG and a pretty high CBD% so it's the ticket for pain.

Be Cool, CG