Which would be ideal?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by JuggaloKing420, Jan 18, 2016.

1. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Ok so I'm going to DiY a vert. setup and I have a few designs that I've been looking at. I want some input on which way I should go. I run 2k w/ A/C, but if needed I can get cootubes and such, I just don't want to loop air outside of the room.

These are pics I've pulled from the net, so my build won't be exactly like the pictures, but you get the idea of what I'm getting at. The first 2 would be a NFT style setup and the second would be using misters or Aero. I want it to be staggered so either way, there is going to be 2 halves.

This one would be the most expensive to build, but I have everything I need for irrigation, just need to build.

[​IMG]

Just another idea to contemplate, but I'm leaning towards the other 2 ideas before this one.

[​IMG]

This one would probably be the cheaper of the builds and probably the easiest, but the Aero irrigation could be a pain. I'll need some cycle timers, sprayers, ect.

[​IMG]

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Is that 74 separate growsites on two lamps?

3. JuggaloKing420

First pic is 90, then 81, and 48.

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

That's a lot of grow sites. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like when finished. :redbong:

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Would this not be a root tangle nightmare??

6. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

What are the advantages to a setups like these? Not knowing very much about them all I have to say it looks like a fuck ton of work for questionable return. What's the expected yield from vert scrog as opposed to a more conventional ebb n flow table using the same wattage? Seems like the those running a table or two are killin it!

The last one with the black abs pipe looks like it could double as a reactor core in a late 50's science fiction movie.. :thumbs-up:

7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

stadium growing is probably going to yield the highest g/w

using more of the light

8. JuggaloKing420

It probably would, but I don't see it being a problem. Once you place the plants, that's where they live until chop.

See, my space situation is an issue for me. I'm pushing it with a 6x4 canopy. So, with 2k of light, I'm missing out on alot of potential bud. Instead of growing in a flat canopy space, I would think it would be advantageous for me to "grow up". I don't know the actual dimensions of these vert styles, but lets say, hypothetically, it's 4 foot across and 6 foot high. Instead of the 24sq/ft flat canopy, I can potentially use 96sq/ft.

9. ResinRubber

Think that'd be GK's first aeroponic garden. Mega yields if you can get it dialed.

10. JuggaloKing420

To answer your question, duc, currently I'm getting between .5lb to .75 lb per 2x4 table. Lets go with the lower amount, that equals out to 1 oz per sq/ft. In theory, on a single cycle of my flat garden I'm yielding 24oz total. Not great, but not bad. So going with the vert setup, and lets low ball the canopy space to 75 sq/ft, not the 96 because we don't know the actual dimensions until built, I should yield 75 oz per cycle instead of the 24. If you ask me, that's worth the effort.

In an ideal space situation, 2k of light should be over 4x8 (giving me a unit per light), not 4x6. I'm hurting my returns with the setup I have now. My options are either, drop the amount of light I'm using or find more space.

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I wouldn't turn my back on the table EVER, don't get discouraged with your yields, just go for it harder and learn more, there isn't a single method out there to outperform another, its all in your skills and ability

in that stadium stuff, you need small plants, which yield small and you have a larger chance for duds and if theres an issue you lose 80 or more plants in the sizes your pointing out....ive been down this road about 6 times in the last 9 years...only thing that has ever had security and dependableness is the TABLES...bar none, hands down.

Let alone there is about 500 connections that could fail at any moment and you for sure cant glue them cuz of the toxins...been there b4 myself

If you want BIG yields...make BIG plants and use BIG lighting IMO

Im not trying to discourage you bro, just don't wanna see you lose the time,money and brainjuice if it doesn't run smoothly....what u got is working juggy...just amp it up a lil bit and you'll get what u want from them tables

Remember too, theres a very good reason NOBODY messes with AERO builds anymore, they've seen the light and hit the walls more than they admit

Only one to ever rock a mean AERO build is Heath Robinson and my dude got more time, experience and money than we all do put together

12. JuggaloKing420

Man I'm pretty much at my limit with these tables though. I need more space. The only way I can think of to get more space is to go vert. It's just not cutting it any more. There is no way I can get 3+ units or 1.5 per light with the space I have.

It doesn't necessarily have to be aero, the first one is NFT, which would be simpler than aero.

13. ResinRubber

Agree with CC. There's room for improvement before building a stadium grow. I'd try running a shit load of spears first. One week veg. Pack those fuckers in tight and trim them to one or two colas. You could fit 32 of-em on a 2x4 table.

Agree...Heath's the man on wild out hydro/aero/undercurrent/whateverthefuckhetriesnext shit.

14. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Look up RedSpaghetti on icmag. That cat can rock some vertical.

15. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

16. Annunaki

Annunaki Developed Alternating Nodes

Two large plants in dwc , net the exterior , weave them through the net , hang 2 vertical bulbs in the middle same spot one higher then the other.

17. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I'm thinkin like Res, once dialed in that setup could be a real producer!!! More, smaller plants with big fat tops and less undergrowth. :thumbsup:

Be Cool, CG