who does med pot?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by reeperbahn, May 30, 2004.

1. reeperbahn

reeperbahn Guest

hi from europe. i have heard that some states in usa already offer med pot, if so which and in what form?
    in europe it seems switzerland are pioneering this medicine and have been growing med pot for years to a very high standard. even here in britain we are conducting clinical studies into a cannabis extract spray for medical use although it will not contain any delta9thc, lol all the benefits none of the pleasure. fortunately apart from the underground med pot distributers, we have now 3 or4 "coffeeshops" in britain that the police turn a blind eye to due to the fact u can no longer arrest people for simple possesion, since we downgraded cannabis from class b to class c. in short we in britain are starting to realise the benefits of this ancient herb. sadly we are still a long way behind the rest of europe where now some of the countries have almostlegalised it and more still have extreme tolerance zones. so where is the usa up to? i have always seen the usa as draconian in their laws, on a par with singapore and saudi arabia. maybe someone can brring me up to date. thanks in advance

2. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

I grow medical marijuana in the US. I have never been harrassed, but I don't flaunt it either.

The federal law still prohibits the cultivation of marijuana for any reason, but individual states can issue certificates for medical reasons. This means that each state has different laws, and unfortunately medical marijuana users cannot travel out of state with their medicine legally.

As an Oregon Medical Marijuana care provider I can travel anywhere with up to a 1/4 lb. on me at any time.

3. reeperbahn

reeperbahn Guest

thanks for the info, maybe the usa is not as backward as i thought with their med pot laws. in fact is further along than britain. a 1/4 pound is a fair old weight, thanx

4. Herbert

Herbert Germinated

I herd from a doctor that a person with a perscription for medical marijuana gets 300 joints a month is this true

5. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

holy ****! if i smoked 10 joints/day i'd probably die after the first month.

6. llIndigoll

I have never seen a prescription in the USA for marijuana. Is that what you meant by 'perion'?

I have seen recommendations made by medical doctors stating that marijuana may be beneficial for persons suffering from a specific list of ailments, and this is enough for states to issue licences for medical users and their care providers.

There is no universal dosage for medical marijuana because it has varied medical uses, and every patient's needs are different.

The urban legend you are 'refer'ring to is not based on anything legally stated in anything I've ever read. Honestly, it sounds made up.

Smoking that much marijuana could kill you, or at least cause enough brain damage to render you a vegetable.

7. RacerX

RacerX A Fat Sticky Bud

I had posted a link in this forum (Medical)about Medical MJ on Penn & Teller's show-Bullshit.... The gentleman in the clip is one of the last patients to receive mj from the US government in the form of a prescription. Pres Carter allowed it way back when(1978) & Reagon repealed the practice immediately after being elected(1980), but left those with the prescription alone.... I can't say it was for 300 doobs/mo. but it was a sizable amount. I think the weed wasn't as potent as today-check it out... it existed at one time.

8. chato420

chato420 Begun Flowering

marijuana can't kill anyone. there has never been a reported case. and it can't make u a vegetable. it doesn't even kill brain cells. the only thing that marijuana has been proven to do is effect the short term memory.

9. RacerX

RacerX A Fat Sticky Bud

10. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

i just found a great informative video about the history of cannabis/hemp called Magic Weed: The Story of Cannabis Sativa. it's about 50 minutes long and discusses the use of hemp dating back to 2800 BC (if my memory serves me correctly) to present day.

11. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Check out Norml website for all medical marijuana info. I am sorry, but my recommendation is for 12 grams a day. And I am still alive! LOL

I dont think you can die from smoking weed. Its virtually impossible to overdose on it.

12. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

thc is not toxic, but smoking that much of anything has to be bad for your health.

13. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Indeed, smoking anything is bad for your lungs Dood. Thats why most Dr's support vaporizing, edibles or tinctures as the best methods of medicating with MJ.

14. kennyde99

kennyde99 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

10 joints a day ? hmmmm where can i sign up at ?

15. In California we have the compasionate act, also known as proposition 215. I am a card holder in Mendocino County. Our guidlines are two pounds of "processed marijuana" and 25 plants in a 100 sq. foot space. People even register their gardens with the local police. I know one individual who got his medical ripped off and called the authorities!

16. Hicountry2

Hicountry2 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Colorado's med law allows for 6 flowering plants and 6 in veg, I believe. BUT... a recent case was just won by a med user that had somewhere in the neighborhood of 29 plants going.

It seems the doctors recommendation was for an exceedingly high amount(10 g. p/day or such). The state not only found them totally within their rights, but is now allowing the party to sue the County Sherriffe's office for deprevation while the case was under investigation, but also for letting the medicine die. Further inhibiting her from access.

I'll look for the story and post it if I can.

17. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

It is to my understanding that several states have passed medicinal marijuana laws...but it is also to my understanding that Federal agencies do not recognize these state passed laws...

I have read of doctors being threatened...if they prescribe it they could lose their liscence(sp?)...and I have read many accounts of marijuana grows for med...being harassed and in some cases arrested and jailed...

It seems to me that if a state puts this on a ballot and the people pass it...then it should be recognized...but in my humble opinion, try telling that to the DEA...

The War on Drugs is still alive and well...hosted and promoted by the elitist powers that be...and to them I simply say...catch me if you can...cuz' I will grow til' the cows come home...even if it's illegal...DC

18. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

i'll 2nd that!:smokin:

19. llIndigoll

Hear hear!

20. Lemonpie

Lemonpie Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Well said DC! Moo-ve over, I'm still growing too!