Wife's bday

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by blazerwill420, Sep 20, 2018.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Last year at Xmas the stepsons gf drew this charcoal pic of my wife's father. In january of this year he passed.
    I'm making a frame for it now, wifes bd is next week. This is mahogany inlaid with black walnut. Just a few finishing touches to go.

IMG_20180920_093950.jpg IMG_20180920_093924.jpg

bigbudztoo likes this.
  2. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Nice work, both you and the stepson's gf!

3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Thanks, the stepsons gf gave the pic to the wife in a regular frame at xmas. I am making this frame for her bday. I still have to do some light sanding, touch up and then a couple more coats of poly.

4. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

True talent right there! Nice work.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  5. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Thanks, when I retired I made an entire woodshop in my garage. The stepsons gf could make bucks with her art talents but instead she a sous chef at one of those place that will cost about three bills for dinner for two and some wine. She's an awesome cook too.

6. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I have a woodshop in my garage too. I've just not been in it a whole lot as of late. I need to get back into my woodworking....it's my therapy.

7. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

What a great gift and your stepson's GF is a wonderful Artists ! This year I opened up a fine Art gallery and I'm pretty sure I'd find a spot on the wall for work of that quality. Nicely framed as well!

8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'll be seeing her this evening, I can hook you two up if you're interested.

9. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Finished frame.....

IMG_20180927_100039.jpg

10. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I love it. I just went and got some poplar for my next project. I'll be making a bookcase.

Herb likes this.
  11. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

That looks great dude
    I'm sure the wife loves it

MADMAX