will Sun leaf from the plant work for cannabutter?

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by MICROBEAT, Jul 24, 2008.

1. MICROBEAT

MICROBEAT Germinating

I got tons of sun-leaves from trimming my plants...

Will Sun leaf from the plant work for cannabutter?

or should I use bud?

thanks in advance!

2. 420kitty

420kitty Just Chillin

what strain? and how crystallized are these leaves? im sure on strains like ice or WW you could do it easily considering even the fan leaves are covered in trichs

3. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

Fan leaves no. The leaves in the buds yes. There is minimal to no resin on the sun (fan) leaves. Surely not enough to make it worth your while. IMO a pound of fan leaves wouldn't get you a gram of resin. As far as the choice between bud or leaf....Well isn't that obvious...BUD!!!:smokin:

4. MICROBEAT

MICROBEAT Germinating

thanks!

5. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

I toss them...

Fan leaves and stems I toss. Most of the fan leaves look pretty bad by the end anyway...they just don't look like they contain anything I want to ingest.

Trim from manicuring the buds as well as the lightest pop corn buds get collected for butter.

Bigger pop corn I use for joints while waiting for the "real" buds to cure.

If you want a really good batch and don't want to waste bud, then save your trim from a couple of grows!

Yes of course using bud would be more effective I just can't ever bring myself to do it.

Have fun! Remember, your tolerance builds up very quickly when your are eating your THC. I made a batch of cookies that were pretty weak, 3 was a good dose the day I made them but by the fourth day, I needed 6.

Grat

6. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Popcorn buds make nice potent butter and hash. It also makes manicuring much faster when you can grab the stem and strip off all the small buds in one motion.