Winterized Dabney Oil

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by friendlyfarmer, Dec 31, 2014.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

After the wash, lots of stuff comes out of your BHO.

[​IMG]

After the initial wash and evap of Everclear.

[​IMG]

After a 24 hr vac. When I popped the lid off the jar the oil jumped off the parchment paper and stuck to the inside of the jar. Fuck!

[​IMG]

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Good job buddy. Have you tried the winterized yet?

3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

looks tasty! you know I bet if you put the jar in the freezer for while the oil will probably pop right off the glass.. It's complicated process and your probably too busy to deal with it anyway so how about you just send the whole sticky mess to me and I'll handle clean up.. DEAL?:jj:

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

5. friendlyfarmer

Res I gotta question for ya. Can I do a soak in a ball jar and then drain into pyrex for the initial purge? It's 25 degrees out, no ice (or dry ice FTM). Or is that just dumb? I figure even a 1/2 wash is better than no wash at all. But after the wash, I am worried about the butane pouring through a coffee filter. It took forever for the Everclear to strain through the coffee filter. Whaddya think?

Happy New Year BTW :coolbounce:

6. ResinRubber

Probably, but I'd shy away from the ball jar because the glass may not take the extreme temperature differentials as well as thicker pyrex. If it's below freezing out you'll get a fairly lengthy soak time in any container.

7. friendlyfarmer

After ten long minutes of research I conclude that liquid butane out of the can is approximately 32 degrees F, or little less. Now if I freeze the ball jar with the material inside before I blow the tane, I should be adding 32 degree F liquid to glass that is at or below that temp. Unless I have the temp of tane wrong, I should be able to do it without breaking the jars.

8. ResinRubber

Why you askin' then smarty pants? :redbong: But yeah...thinking you're right.

9. friendlyfarmer

Well I figured you had prob done it before and could say with absolute authority, whereas me on my own? I'm just SWAGing through life for the most part. :thumbs-up:

I was gonna do it last night but got too drunk.

SWAG = Silly Wild-Ass Guess

10. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

:rofl6:

the wife said it looks great, I'm still laughing my ass off from reading the initial post.

good looking shit

11. friendlyfarmer

It smokes pretty good but I think I screwed up the alcohol purge. I just didn't let it purge long enough and I think I still have alcohol in there. The vacuum helps but it's not a proper pump or chamber - using a food saver and ball jars is tough especially with more than a few grams of material. When I did ISO before (once a long time ago) I got a golden crud / powder left in the dish. This time I used a silicone bake sheet, and the purge was done with a fan and the dish on the heat plate. I stopped purging because I kept popping the breaker with the heat plate. Last time I blew warm air off a water chiller onto the pan, don't remember for how long, no other heat. Anyway, the final product is still too gooey so I will try to purge it some more, with heat and air.

12. ResinRubber

Powdery crud is a good thing. Me smokum powdery crud and like very much.:jj:

13. friendlyfarmer

So.....I put 55 grams of air dried trimpro trimmings in each of two ball jars. Then I drilled two little holes in the lids and popped them into the freezer for 24 hours. Then about midnight I set them outside (it was 28 F) and filled the jars with two and a half cans of Puretane each, such that the butane completely immersed all the plant material. I taped up the holes, then I left the jars outside till the next morning. When I checked the jars, they were still completely full. So I swished the tane around for a few minutes, then switched the lids with coffee filters and poured the tane out into a silicon mat laying in a pyrex dish on a foreman grill. So far so good.

Then I put the grill on what is normally the lowest temp and left for a half hour. Came back - nothing. Liquid butane. Since it was cold as hell and I figured the silicon was providing a bit of an insulating barrier between grill/pyrex and the butane, and the cold ambient air was cooling off the tane faster than the grill could heat it up, I turned the heat up.

I go this, then left it for another 2 hours without turning the heat down.

[​IMG]

Sadly I was left with what looks a lot like used motor oil. Then I went and bought a point - n - shoot thermometer. Turns out I roasted it at about 230 degrees F!

Ah well there's always the next run.

14. ResinRubber

It'll still get you plenty high.:redbong: