Yellow Leaves Half Way Through Flowering

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by jaxn, May 11, 2016.

1. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

I don't know how I did it but most of my yesterdays post didn't show. I just noticed it. Maybe when I added the pictures I over wrote the text. So here is the full post. A little history, I used ResinRubber's posted soil mix. I used Alaska Fish Fertilizer instead of fish/seaweed emulsion. I did use the mycorrhizal but I think mine was mycorrhizae. I mixed it many times over a week to mix it well. 1 Bag Promix (4 cu ft)6 cups Bone Meal - phosphorus source2 cups Blood Meal - nitrogen source (as an expense saver 6 cups Bone/Blood meal mix may be substituted with varied success depending upon mix ratio)1 cup Epsom salts - magnesium source3 cups dolomite lime -calcium source & pH buffering2 cups fish/seaweed emulsion

DSCN1959.JPG

DSCN1960.JPG

DSCN1961.JPG

/monthly_2016_05/DSCN1959.JPG.26d85d2e1ab16a8d23817193adfce9a7.JPG

/monthly_2016_05/DSCN1960.JPG.507e931ee30226d0d0e77e7ae35727be.JPG

/monthly_2016_05/DSCN1961.JPG.f42c423241b77b1a902a736ccdaa8580.JPG

2. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

Twice now I have when I post only the first part is showing up. It is there until I click the post button.

3. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

Here is the rest, I hope.

Here is the problem, during the third week of flowering some leaves on one plant started turning yellow, I gave them 1 Tablespoon of unsulphered molasses in a gallon of water a couple days before this happened. As the 4th week of flowering started I gave them

4. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

It will not let me post the rest. Now it just posts the time.

5. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

Is it because I am copying and pasting from a Doc file?

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

cut and paste is acting up, but I don't know why my earlier response is now missing either.

but I'm not a soil guy, my best guess is that you are nitroing out a little early, don't panic at all. leaves will yellow when they start to run out of nitrogen. you don't want to add a bunch of nitrogen late in flower though so it's kind of a learning experience. Your crop should be fine, trust me when I say I've seen far worse.

7. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Looks like the edge serrations of your leaves are pointing up, if so it is magnesium, use calmag as part of you nute mix, 5 ml per gal every watering.

Also the intervainial chlorosis is a sign of Mg deficiency.

Im sure i spelled that wrong but you get the point.

8. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

At second look it looks like a possible potassium deficiency also, the mg looks like a minor deficiency but still there.

9. jaxn

jaxn Germinating

Thank you for the replies.

They are just starting week 6 of flowering. Should I give them calmag at this stage of flowering or should I let them finish without it.

In my next grow when do I start giving them calmag?

Thank you

10. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I run cal mag from week two of flowering all the way to the week I start flushing. greenjah and nippie I think pretty much nailed the issue on whats happening.

jaxn, not a bad looking bunch​ of ladies you got there. Keep up the good work.

11. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Jax, I'm running basically the same soil mix & start us if cal-mag four weeks in to flower-sometimes three..

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Hmm...know I replied to this in another thread.Yeah...here it is from May 11. Looks like it was closed because of a double thread. My apologies.