You reap what you sow!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by weedwacker, Feb 11, 2008.

1. weedwacker

weedwacker Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

This was a long time in the making, but it was well worth the wait. The total wet weight for this first plant is 193 grams of buds and 9 grams of kief. This should yield close to 3 ozs of cured bud!! I can’t believe I got this much, but these buds are pretty hard.

Here’s my very first ready to pluck plant. A Skunk Haze from The Seedsman.
    [​IMG]

Side views. Now most of the leaves are gone you can see how bent this girl was to stay so low for so long.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the main cola, so to speak, since it was a SCROG.
    [​IMG]

Here are all the buds fresh cut.
    [​IMG]

Close ups of each section of buds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here are all the buds after trimming.
    [​IMG]

Close ups of trimmed buds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Close ups of the “big” ones.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The empty nest.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is what’s left. Give you some idea of how I bent this plant to fit the screen.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like I missed one. Any chance of revegging with just this little shoot?
    [​IMG]

I got some file folder racks at a salvage store and they work great for hanging buds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not much popcorn, but I put it in a triple paper bag for drying.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here my DIY vegging tub/bud drying scrubber. The fans are used for cooling when the cfl’s are used, but only the carbon air cleaner in the middle is used for drying the buds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've still got two more of these that are lagging behind, but the screens are fuller and the buds are even bigger so I've got enough to hold me over until then.:laughing5:

TheApprentice likes this.
  2. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Congrats

Pretty good for a first harvest. Did you grow it in the tub?

3. Shine Down

Shine Down plays in cabinets........

guess i need to build a screen then.....

great inspiration....!

4. weedwacker

No this tub was originally for drying bud, but I added the lights and fans for vegging clones, seedlings and small plants. Since I built my cabinet it's just for drying bud now. When the bulbs are in its up to 150W. When I was using it for vegging I had a plexiglas sheet separating the lights from the plants and the fans suck air off the top. The silly boxes on top and the back are light baffles. The white fan in the middle is a TruAire carbon filter and it does a good job of eliminating the odor of the drying bud. The fiilter can be opened up and you can add new carbon and it works even better. Filter is good for one stinky drying session.

5. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I have a similar drying tub with the TruAir filter fan that I refilled with activated carbon. It works great with little odor escaping.

6. nikoatnight

nikoatnight Full Flowering

Very friggin SWEEEEEEEET!!!! You should be proud and Happyyyy:bigmojo:

7. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

nice work ww,you got me thinking about the scereens too.i hope i do that well with my grow,great bud from a great cabinet

8. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Very Nice Weedwacker, I'm drying My Big Bud right now...

Keep up the good work my friend!:suave:

9. weedwacker

Thanks guys. Nothin' sweeter than a harvest after all this time. The cabinet is definitely helping. This plant was on 600W HPS for it's last month, but cfl's in a tub got her most of the way there. I'm sure the yield would have been lower if she had finished under the cfl's. This is twice what I expected, but this shows, if nothing else, that a newbie with a Hempy bucket can have a reasonable expectation of success.

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Salivating...

Dont know about the rest of y'all but damn! Im salivating:eusa_drool: over these pictures:icon_biggrin:

GREAT WORK Weedwakka:icon_thumleft: Nice improviseation aswell with the cabinest racks for hanging,lol! Im thinking of doing a similar grow after im donw growing my bubbleiscious and Ice from Nirvana...but :eusa_clap: KUDOS for this grow my friend,some green karma on its way to you for sure,great pictures.:icon_salut:peace:potleaf:

11. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

what a haul, ww! :thumbsup:

12. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

You've got a fine rack!

Nice harvest ww! :wav:

I love the drying rack...great idea! :idea:

Let us know what the final dry weight is.

Nice job! :thumbsup:

13. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Great job man! Congrats on the harvest. :)

14. madhadder

madhadder seeking wisdom

great job. beautiful looking bush man! happy smoking

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

Great job WW, I see your a Texan too? Hope you enjoy your havest bro, I'm out in Central area, always run into that brick, but I was happy when I smoked my first White Widow harvest, best weed around, enjoy your hard work bro, it looks wonderful!!

16. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Nice harvest WW keep up the good work.-Bud

17. juniorman8

juniorman8 Say it with me... Ahhhhhh

Great job!

Nice buds, man! Hempy kicks ass.

18. weedwacker

Thanks all for the kind words. Let me paint a picture for you of events that may or may not have caused my other two identical plants to be so much further behind. All of these happened to all three of these plants. Each plant from seed sprouted within a day of the others.

1) About 5 weeks ago my digital timer messed up and these plants were in full light for two days instead of 12/12.

2) A few days later the timer misfired again, but this time the plants were in the dark for 36 hours.

3) A few days later I moved them from the 320W cfl tub to my new 600W HPS cabinet.

4) I had rearrange my wiring and forgot to plug in the exhaust fan and these plants were at over 100F for 5-6 hours.

There was a noticeable stretch in the other two plants. Some of the buds stretched so much that the stems were visible in the bud. They started growing large leaves in the buds and the trichomes disappeared. Mostly single leaf, but some 3 leaf. While the harvested one started frosting up these got greener and grew like Christmas trees. Then they just started filling in and fattening up, Last week the leaves in the bud started yellowing and I’ve been picking the dead ones out every day.. Now they are starting to look like real buds on the bottom with light frosting. Here are a few pictures of them. Compare them to the harvest plant pictures and see how much fuller the screens are and how tall the buds are. If these size of the buds are an indicator I will get 50% more yield from these. Who knows, right now I'm just hoping they don't die while still green.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Wonderful grow. I see the HTG lighter lol. Their store is pretty cool they have different things setup like an aeroponics cloning dome. Led lights were being set up last i was there. Just a cool place to stop if you're ever passing through PA it's off I79 about 1 hr south of I80.

20. weedwacker

I wonder how many other Texans are here. I know Shine Down is from the my area. Glade to hear about the White Widow since I've got two in my THC Trifecta that I'm hoping will yeild at least one female. Thes little girls smell already and there only 3 weeks old. WW will be smokin WW.