Your favorite strain?

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by H20K9AU, Mar 14, 2007.

1. H20K9AU

H20K9AU SUPERSTIKY

Any of you guys with a few grows behind you have a favorite strain for hydro (aeroflo)? Say a great yeild with good potency and a short clone, veg, flower cycle. Powerplant is a favorite here but I wonder if there is something better out there. Considering the time it takes to test a strain it would be nice to here some shared wisdom. Some of you folks have years of experience and many varieties to reflect on.

2. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

3. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

im currently groin in soil, but the guys who got me in are in hydro.

we currently grow ak-47, afghani #1, sweet tooth, (i think #3,) white russian, and are waiting for black domina seeds.

im pretty sure the white russian will take place of the ak. the other strains are supposed to be so we can replace the afghani.

4. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

O.G Blueberry!!! For Sure.....

Afgahn is QUALIty my son! Quality!!! So much quality, that i just purchased some myself, along with a new strain I personally came accross that ive never heard of or grew, WHITE LADY from sativa seedsbank holland, and they are, well i know the AFGAAN is a fantastic strain, and the WHITE LADY i just baught is a trial n tste, sampler for me, to see how potentially good these WHITE LADY pheno's will be good enough and potent enough (for me that is) to breed and Hybridise!!!

Peace,

Oh....... My FAVOURITE STRAIN:= :eusa_shifty: IMO i Think....Is the Original Blueberry i must admitt,(and its NOT because im growing it now) i tried it in a chillem, and ive never been so MACRO wiped out in fuckin ages, for ages at the same time, with some totally potent THC Glands that leave you with a magical Euphoric, powerfull almost narcotic high, that leaves ya high for hours n hours!!!:punk: :punk: :punk: 5/5 or 10/10 for the BlueBerry

5. jimmy the lizard

afghani is my more preferred strain! i think i might replace it with grapefruit though, ill have to see what makes my growroom, and clients happy though.

im pretty sure that white russian will replace ak though. higher potency, more balanced high, more trikes, an hopefully shorter plants with tighter internodal spacing.

6. H20K9AU

H20K9AU SUPERSTIKY

Thanks to all for the input.Hey trillions is that blueberry x white widow? whats the avg yield(cured) per plant.what is the time frame from flowr 12/12 cycle to harvest? And Jimmy Ive heard grapefruit is good as far as my parameters. you have any actual growers confirming the hype?

7. H20K9AU

H20K9AU SUPERSTIKY

Oh and Jimmy. hows the white russian, yield, time to harvest?

I trust your guys knowledge more than the seed company hype. In my past experiences the Green spirit from dutch passion is a healthy plant but yeild and potency are somewhat disapointing.Strawberry cough is loved by many but yeild was poor at maybe 1/2 ozper plant cured. same with dutch passion. So far all around favorite is powerplant at 8-10 weeks flower and .66 oz. per plant.

I know it depends on many variable but thats how it was for me.

I here and read of those gettin 2 oz per plant or more oz in 4-6 weeks floower with no veg period. Is it really possible? How? I had used the best conditions I know how and couldnt get near those results!

I hope for more replys. If so please comment on time of 12/12 cycle to harvest, yield (per plant cured), potency.:punk:

8. jimmy the lizard

white russian is a high yielder, not the highest, but amongst some of the highest. i also like the fact that it has a short indica phenotype.

serious seeds only has five strains or so cause they all kick ass. very stable, easy to take care of, great yield, an i think all strains have awards.

chronic gives better yields, but isnt as potent as their other strains. it is their most "commercial" strain.

bubblegum tastes the best, but might not yield as much, or be as potent as their others.

ak-47 kicks serious ass, but has a more couchlock stone, and exhibits a sativa stature.

kali mist is their sativa strain, so its kinda tall and finishes around 70 days of flowering.

white russian is probably gonna be the best for me, and my clients.

i would grow only serious seeds if i could only pick one breeder.

oh, yeah, flowering time is 53-63 days on white russian. thats about what commercial growers want in a flowering time, along with a short stature.

i only know about grapefruit from what ive been readin from growers reports on some good strainguides.

anytime somebody judges yield by how much per plant instead of judging by how much they yielded per watt per sq. foot, they have special conditions on each of their few plants from what i have read/learned. do some readin on the sog, (sea of green) method of growing. if youre lookin for yield, this is what most commercial growers do. you end up getting more yields per year instead of a couple or so large yields per year.

9. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Grapefruit.....

Jimmy~ i dont do hydro...but as for grapefruit that i can comment on...it's a great 'commercial' strain as in yield,THC content,stability and the fact that its ready to flower after a week vegging plus it flowers quicker than ANY other strain i know or grow...VERY POPULAR WITH THE MASSES:wink:

10. mendo

mendo Germinated

ive had the same strain for five years,its called grandaddy purple,the high and flavor is great

11. jimmy the lizard

thanx for the feedback apprentice

12. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Strains!!! Imo.....

Afgaan will always make ur "clients" HAPPY my friend, and For Sure, on the O.G Blueberry too, but i MUST fling in PAPAYA and AK47 as another two FAv's of Mine and the most potent ive smoked,i have to say was the BBerry, it was so intencly HIGH n EUPHORIC, but beautifull, that beatifull, i had to leave work and chill out inmy house, it was that intense!!!lmao(No fuckin Joke my friend!.lmfao):laughing5: :punk: :punk: :punk:

BERLIN is another that Not alot of people are all that familiar with, but i hear and have watched many grows of it, and that its very potent, couch lock stone-Body Buzz, and a exremely relaxing effective high!!!

Never tried it, but would LOVE to,IMO, if i were in AMSTERDAMN, i would go for some BERLIN , (medicinal marijuana in most cases!!!) to try this magical shit out, to sample that almost, Narcotic like high, that's long lasting too!!!

BBerry.O.G is probably the highest yeilder, and the most potent, so i would recomend the afgaan, along with the O.G Blueberry , for "comercial" and "self use", WHATEVER, its all good for either!!!(BOTH!)

P.S, Ma Bad, AK 48 is another one to remember my friend, its another one of my all time FAV's too!!!!!:sign13: :punk: :) :punk:

P.S.S, "Id definately "keep" the Afgaan, than the change to GRAPEFRUIT my friend, as its way less POTENT IMO"(Most definately, and only just as good a yeilder, if NOT, LESS!!!)

Peace n Respect,

UrBigBuddie............ :) :punk: :) :punk: :punk: :punk:

13. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

clone and easy!!!???

Some "EARLYGIRL" is what ya want then my friend!!!:punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

14. noone

noone Full Flowering

Howdy,

Currently this bag seed has been my favorite to grow. However ,

the guy I got the bag seed from grew some Chronic outdoors ...

2 summers ago. It was _really_ nice and stoney. I finally talked

him out of some of his seed stash and got 2 little Chronic girls. So,

I soon hope to say Chronic is my favorite MJ to grow hydroponcly.

noone

15. SpecialEd420

SpecialEd420 Full Flowering

J1. jack herarex juicy fruit

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Some more obscure strains... my top 5!

Here are some 'obscure' strains i can buy legally like all seeds in scotland...

:potleaf:

1# LA Confidential (from DNA Genetics Holland)

2# The Doctor (from Green House Seeds Co. Holland..yields over 1000g!)

3# Alpha Bud (from High Quality Seeds Holland)

4# Cinnamon (female from Female Seeds Holland)

5# B-52 (From Nirvana Seeds Holland)

These are just a FEW of the lesser known but higher yielding MJ plants that give out MAX THC and yields...check 'em out ya wont be disappointed:thumbsup:

17. jimmy the lizard

thanx for feedback ubb! after harvest, i really liked the afghani strain. wasnt supposed to be as big a yielder as the ak, but secondary colas on affi weigh a lot!

you can get the purps on most affi's if ya know what youre doin too. big big bag appeal.

18. H20K9AU

H20K9AU SUPERSTIKY

Great feedback on this subject!!!!

If i had known i'd learn so much from you walking encyclopedieas I would have asked a long time ago and saved a lot of frustration and wasted time:BangHead: .

I here a lot bout the chronic and afghan but the grapefruit (mayby a passing fad like deisel) sounds good. I here the thc is pretty high (16-20%.

Good point Jimmy on the per plant comparison. Most seedbanks state grams per m2. Again grapefruit is strong in yeild too.

Anyway thanks for the respones and anyone one else like to weigh-in?:cachas:

19. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

POTENCY THOUGH IS ALSO ALWAYS WANTED...eh?????

And as some might know, GRAPEFRUIT is just a "mostly" COMERCIAL strain, that smells and tastes very nice indeed, and gives you a pleasant high, quite a nice high indeed, not too bad,but then again, NOT TOO PTENT EITHER, so..... comparing the GRAPEFRUIT with the AFGAAn, is wayyyy off!!! lol,IMO...:punk: :) :punk:

The AFGAAN rocks, in BOTH manners, IN POTENCY/THC/and it VIGOR and HARD SWELING NUGGS!!! (As ya say my man, Even the UNDER-SIDE NUGGS GET HUGE!!!)

Peace Out all,

UrBigBuddie............:sign13: :) :punk: :punk: :punk:

P.S, ANYTIME my friend by the way, anytime at all if help is needed, just ask me , and if i "CAN", i "WILL".........:punk: :sign13: :punk: :)

20. H20K9AU

H20K9AU SUPERSTIKY

OK then, it sounds like Afgan. BB and grapefruit are the top 3 contenders so far. Whatabout compactness of these 3?

BTW Jimmy, I've calculated my sq meters to be 4 with a 43 oz yield with powerplant. 2 - 1000 watt HPS on linear movers.

Lemme know what the GF does for you Mr Lizard!