1 TREE...2k...RDWC...5lb???

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by CCrete, Jun 18, 2010.

1. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I can get 1/2lb every cycle off one plant using a 400W. Though that's the only plant. My buddy with the 2K setup just pulled his first harvest down from that space and it's almost dry. Looks like it will be about that per plant. Had 4 plants and the smallest yielding plant is probably going to end up being a little over 6 oz. Pulling a 1/2 lb with a 1k isn't hard.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Wow this has really taken off, cool!!!!

Useless.....as for the positioning in the VEG, you suggest ALL top lighting or surrounding it? And it makes total sense with the footprint of the rootmass with the low-pro tote tub or something. I just picked up a 45gal tote tub, like4ft long, 2ft wide and say 20-28inch deep..........Sound correct/close??? Also the reason for the burial of the ressy was for temps of course but more so the ceiling...its only 8ft high...........Thats funny that you say that bout the UC and its aggressive nature........that was my first major question to the rep....he still never answered it......gee wonder why:roffl:

Boa.....Im always thinkin of some new scheme to max out.....the plant and my pocket!:roffl:

Everyone else, lets keep this thread alive.......Im going to be setting up a new room for this guy this weekend, then getting the equip in a week or two after, so we'll see........but im sure it will take a shitton of work

Our community kicks ass........what other hobby can you experiment with so much and still get a return back and have fun and learn and help people out and GET HIGH!:flyy:

3. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

simple

Nugsters avatar

4. coconuthead

coconuthead Begun Flowering

I'm really digging the idea of burying the res because it could be useful in many situations. Could easily convert to ebb and flow, top feed, etc, all while maximizing the full space. And it keeps the res cool, you cant beat that. Cant wait to see pics. :thumbs-up:

5. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

No top lighting.

Here's what you do...

While in veg, light position is 1/2 of the plant height, below the top. In other words, about 3 o'clock, if you follow. (Make the top of the plant 12 o'clock) You want light on the sides so it bushes. ;)

During the start of transition, lights at 3 o'clock. Get em stretching out, not up.

Late transition back to 2 o'clock, and finish at 2 o'clock. This gets them growing up on a wide base.

That 45 gal tote sounds like what I was thinking.

Watch out for gas and sewer lines when digging under the house!

6. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Not to hijack or change the thread, but useless will this same method work with 1 or 2 400w hps or MH lights for now? :affro:

7. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Yes, but on a smaller scale with smaller plants.

8. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Thx back to CC's show lol!

9. CCrete

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f131/doubleds-med-patient-bucket-diy-mpb-buckets-7883/

I watched a grow about a year and a half ago he did with this MPB system he designed and was getting from 3-4lbs on a regular, but mind you of course, this guy is a pro to a "T"....this IS his job.....I'll be happy if i can grab 10-15z......this is one of the threads I checked out, let me find another i was peepin......search for his threads on the farm as well.....theres other grows he did..diys......and I just read a lot bout Foafs grows and designs for a tree and shit like that

10. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

So y a 1k? Whats so special about it? Wouldnt 2 400wers come kinda close if they are hung the right way?

11. CCrete

its the lights intensity, it drives the light inside of the canopy, the 400's and even 600's merely cover the top to ,say, a few inches inside the overall growth.....its like a Camaro to a SS Camaro to a Corvette type comparasin.....They're all cars but one gets you there in style and is way stronger!

12. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I want a Corvette.

I think your own to something CC. I think I am going to try the inline thing with my lights and combine the cabs but I like your style and thinking outside the box.

If the inline thing doesn't help out yields and over all growth I am going to do a small set up like yours. With my 2 600's and by a 1k to go in the middle.

X=lightO=plant

X0X0X

You think I could get some good yield amounts?

The thing I don't get is that all the lights are out of the housing and are getting hot. Does the AC take care of total air temp control including lights?

13. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I ran three 400 watt :light: for over 7 years and had great results.:bigok:

But, when I got my 1K, it makes a noticeable difference. I'm using less total watts now and my yield has grow by about 20% over the 1200 mixed wattage I had.:ponder: Does that make sense?

I'm all for the 1K or multiples or it.:drooling: It makes a difference in my experience. ;) :ebert:

14. CCrete

first question, yes

Second, I have no AC in my area.....just a passive intake from a room that stays 68-72 constantly....and the lights are NOT getting hotter from being out of any type of housing....think like this.....go running with a saran wrap on...you'll sweat bullets, now run naked......much cooler right?? Of course....i know its not that simple but you get the point....by removing the bulb, your removing the opportunity for the housing to heat up and radiat that heat, even if you are cooling the hood, heat from the lights intensity still makes the hood radiate some.....and that "some" on a large light quantity scale makes for a bunch of excess heat to be accounted for.......so just hand the bare bulbs freely, you can end up getting them closer in the long run and control the plant structure like useless said, making for a bushier plant with better chance for higher yields from more mature bud sites.....and people have no idea how much intensity is being lost by putting a hood overtop of half the bulb, your only getting like 60-70% of your bulbs full potential and intensity

15. CCrete

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RkyMtnWayHigh69 again.

16. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

:laugh: Thanks man, I tried too. :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chriscrete again.

17. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

So i just went and bought that fuckin cooling hood for nothin?

18. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

This only more efficient if you are surrounding your lights with plants, otherwise the light that is on the side where there is no plant is just being wasted. You will get some reflection from the walls, but putting a reflector on the end lights will increase the light hitting the plants.

Can you hang a reflector vertically? I don't see why not.

Like this (top view):

( and ) = reflector

X = light

0 = plant

(X0X0X)

Nope, with an enclosed hood, you can get the lights closer to the plants. If you are lighting from above, that is your best deal. The bare-bulb technique is for haning your lights vertically.

Easy test: put your hand next to the bulb without the enclosed hood and see how hot it is then try it again with the hood on. You will notice the bare bulb will burn your hand.

19. CCrete

I suppose you could but it would still be dulling out the bulb the same as it would if it was horizontal, its still in the hood

I use the analogy of putting a lamp in the center of a empty room on a small table.....with a lamp shade at first....now see how much light you get from that and how the intensity dissipates a good bit and it drives the remaining light downward?..........now take off the shade and focus on how much the lights builds up the entire room, ALL nooks and crannies are filled with some kind of light now.......now notice how much more intense the bulb has become? The room is FULL of intense light, thus maximizing the bulbs job and your money

20. CCrete

Well, thats up to you, they do have their place in certain applications